Search found 3 matches

by Emilygb
11 Feb 2009, 02:56
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Mountain town in Sicily- Cartefridi or Calatatfirmi
Replies: 2
Views: 4309

Mountain town in Sicily- Cartefridi or Calatatfirmi

My family legend is that Vincenzo Saputo was 4 years old and living in a town like "Cartefridi" in the mountains of Sicily when a bandit leader moved in with him and his mother around the time Garibaldi reunited Italy (I have no idea of when that was, this is a story to me).
Vincenzo grew up ...
by Emilygb
11 Feb 2009, 02:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Family Hisory - Buccellato
Replies: 15
Views: 68563

Re: Looking for Family Hisory - Buccellato

Marco Buccellato- Carmela Gambino was the daughter of Jack Gambino Son of Salvatore Gambino that I referred to in my earlier post. Could this Carmela be your grandmother? Do you know any more about her grandparents? I am looking for the names of her parents "father" Gambino and Rosina "nee surname"
by Emilygb
11 Feb 2009, 02:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: "Gambino" surname maybe from Bisacquino.
Replies: 6
Views: 8229

Re: "Gambino" surname maybe from Bisacquino.

Do you have any more information on Salvadore Gambino? I have a Salvatore Gambino in my family- All I know is mother's name is Rosina, his father died in a sulfer mine accident after which Rosina married Salvetore's fathers brother Giacchino. They have a son (Salvadore's half brother) and it is that ...