Search found 11 matches

by helva
17 Mar 2009, 02:38
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO
Replies: 46
Views: 40168

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Once again, Peter, many thanks!
by helva
17 Mar 2009, 02:30
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO
Replies: 46
Views: 40168

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Thanks Peter!

Do you happen to know how I might do this? Cash?

I may have that much in euros that I could send in cash but I seem to recall reading somewhere not to send cash (but they also said not to send more than a euro or two , so the info might be a bit outdated).

Or what other way can you ...
by helva
17 Mar 2009, 00:10
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO
Replies: 46
Views: 40168

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

I have received another email from Italy and would greatly appreciate another translation if anyone would help me out.

Gentile signor Manganaro,
in risposta alla Sua richiesta della copia legale dell'atto di nascita di Francesco Manganaro nato a Melito Porto Salvo il 3 luglio 1865, si comunica che ...
by helva
13 Mar 2009, 19:36
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Request for translation from english to italian.
Replies: 3
Views: 5075

Request for translation from english to italian.

Would one of you wonderful dual language person's kindly translate the following short message for me?

Dear Sirs,

In my prior email I indicated that I would like to have a legal copy of Francesco Manganaro's birth record (son of Raffaello and Rosa Romeo, born July 3, 1865 in Melito di Porto Salvo ...
by helva
10 Mar 2009, 12:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO
Replies: 46
Views: 40168

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Thanks Peter!

Now I have sent another email asking for a birth certificate on legal paper. I forgot that I actually need three copies, how do I politely ask for this in Italian and say that I will gladly send them any fees and postage associated with this request? And say thank you very much for ...
by helva
07 Mar 2009, 12:09
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO
Replies: 46
Views: 40168

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

I have received a reply from Melito Porto Salvo regarding an inquiry for info on Francesco Manganaro, it is in Italian and if anyone can help me with a translation I would appreciate it. I can make an educated guess as to what it says, apparently they have found him.
Da: MARRA MARIA GIUSEPPINA ...
by helva
24 Feb 2009, 02:42
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 19th century Italian numerals
Replies: 5
Views: 8392

Re: 19th century Italian numerals

Yes, that's JUST what it looks like!! Thank you!

Linda
by helva
24 Feb 2009, 02:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO
Replies: 46
Views: 40168

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Hi Karen, my husband will be home late tonight (Monday) and says that he was able to go to the grave site yesterday on this business trip. He was able to talk with staff there at the cemetery and found the grave sites and has more to tell me when he gets home. I'll keep you posted. Linda
by helva
20 Feb 2009, 01:07
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO
Replies: 46
Views: 40168

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

Hi Karen

I have more specifics on the grave location, Section 16, lot 31 and the notation " one in from corner" (not sure what that is refering to).
1. Amadeo, 2. Francesco, 3. Olimpia It looks like my hubby is planning to visit next time he is in the area, I see that he's written the address and ...
by helva
18 Feb 2009, 18:21
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: 19th century Italian numerals
Replies: 5
Views: 8392

19th century Italian numerals

Hi. Were there two ways of making a 5 in 19th century documents? In family military records from the 1885? enlistment, the supposed 5 looks like an s that has been vertically stretched so that it is taller than the rest of the numerals and the top and bottom "curves" are nearly straightened out. By ...
by helva
18 Feb 2009, 15:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO
Replies: 46
Views: 40168

Re: MANGANARO-TERRAZZANO

I have found some of Francesco Manganaro's military records and they have his birthdate. It is clearly 186something and that last digit looks like a vertically elongated "S" where the top and bottom curves have been mostly stretched out so that most of the curve is straightened out. Looking through ...