Search found 13 matches
- 13 May 2012, 00:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
I just hooked up with someone on another site who has a Lucrezia Cervino in his family tree. It turns out that there were two Lucrezia Cervinos at the same time and they were first cousins. They also both have brothers named Leonard. This is probably why there was so much confusion on the the ...
- 14 Apr 2012, 07:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
I am getting lost when I get to my great-great grandparents. It appears that their names were Francesco D'Angelo and Caterina D'Andrea from Civita Italy. But when I try to confirm that I have the correct great-great grandparents, the only ones I find were born in 1856. Is it possible that my great ...
- 28 Mar 2012, 17:41
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Civita Cosenza Italy - Looking for information
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2428
Re: Civita Cosenza Italy - Looking for information
Dear Marty. Thank you for your quick and very helpful response. I am new to this and your guidance is very much appreciated. I went to Cosenza because I couldn't find the links for Civita.
- 27 Mar 2012, 17:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
The information that I received here Brom Biff and VJ opened up a whole new picture of my ancestors. I am looking to write or email Civita Cosenza to get more information on my family who lived there in the mid to late 1800s. Would you have the website information? I am looking specifically for ...
- 27 Mar 2012, 15:09
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Civita Cosenza Italy - Looking for information
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2428
Civita Cosenza Italy - Looking for information
Hello,
Thanks to Biff and VJ for their amazing work finding my ancestors a few years ago, I now know that my family comes from Civita Cosenza Italy. I am looking for a place to write or email to request information about any D'Angelo or Cervino from that city. My great grandfather's name was ...
Thanks to Biff and VJ for their amazing work finding my ancestors a few years ago, I now know that my family comes from Civita Cosenza Italy. I am looking for a place to write or email to request information about any D'Angelo or Cervino from that city. My great grandfather's name was ...
- 31 May 2010, 19:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
Thank you very much for your reply. I welcome all information about my family. It appears that this was the brother-in-law of my great grandfather. Thank you again,
Tony
Tony
- 28 May 2009, 11:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Last names Diangelo or Dangelo
- Replies: 16
- Views: 20933
Re: Last names Diangelo or Dangelo
If this helps, my family comes from the comune of Civita, province of Cosenza, Calabria. I just found this out from members of this site.
My relatives moved to Pennsylvania in the late 1800s and then some moved to New York in the early 1900s.
Our last name is D'Angelo but I saw it spelled Dangelo ...
My relatives moved to Pennsylvania in the late 1800s and then some moved to New York in the early 1900s.
Our last name is D'Angelo but I saw it spelled Dangelo ...
- 15 Apr 2009, 20:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
Niecy51,
If anyone can help you, Biff and VJ can. They blew us away with the information that they found. Good luck
If anyone can help you, Biff and VJ can. They blew us away with the information that they found. Good luck
- 13 Apr 2009, 19:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
Biff and VJ,
I took your advice and used the Italian template for a letter to Italy. I wrote to someone with the same name who currently resides in Civita and I included my email address and also vouchers for international mail so they can write back if we are related. Thank you very much for all ...
I took your advice and used the Italian template for a letter to Italy. I wrote to someone with the same name who currently resides in Civita and I included my email address and also vouchers for international mail so they can write back if we are related. Thank you very much for all ...
- 24 Mar 2009, 12:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
Biff and VJ,
I think that the name Nicholas could represent my grandfather's brother James. His real name was Vincenzo (SP) but they always called him James. His age is very close to the same age as the Nicholas on the census. The above 1930 census represents my grandfather Joseph D'Angelo when he ...
I think that the name Nicholas could represent my grandfather's brother James. His real name was Vincenzo (SP) but they always called him James. His age is very close to the same age as the Nicholas on the census. The above 1930 census represents my grandfather Joseph D'Angelo when he ...
- 23 Mar 2009, 20:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
Valarie and Biff,
You both did great work here. I can confirm that every assumption you made looks accurate. The names that you dug up are all related.
The water gets a little muddy when I try to find my father's (Anthony D'Angelo) biological mother. She was married to my grandfather (Joseph D ...
You both did great work here. I can confirm that every assumption you made looks accurate. The names that you dug up are all related.
The water gets a little muddy when I try to find my father's (Anthony D'Angelo) biological mother. She was married to my grandfather (Joseph D ...
- 23 Mar 2009, 19:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Re: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
THANK YOU........ THANK YOU............. THANK YOU
I think you have found the right guy. My father and I have been looking and we have hit dead ends. This information may help me and my father find his ancestory.
Thank you again,
Anthony jr
I think you have found the right guy. My father and I have been looking and we have hit dead ends. This information may help me and my father find his ancestory.
Thank you again,
Anthony jr
- 18 Mar 2009, 13:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
- Replies: 53
- Views: 52475
Looking for information about Antonio D'Angelo
Antonio D'Angelo came to the US about 1900
He lived, worked and died in Hazelton Pennsylvania (coal miner)
He had sons; Joseph, Frank, Dick, James (I cant remember anymore)
His son Joseph had two sons Anthony and Joseph
His son James had one daughter AnnMarie
Joseph and Jame's s families moved ...
He lived, worked and died in Hazelton Pennsylvania (coal miner)
He had sons; Joseph, Frank, Dick, James (I cant remember anymore)
His son Joseph had two sons Anthony and Joseph
His son James had one daughter AnnMarie
Joseph and Jame's s families moved ...