Thanks again, Vincenzo. Your help is greatly appreciated. I don't know what we would do without people like you.
Your Friend,
Karen
Search found 24 matches
- 25 Jul 2009, 22:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with Translation, please
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5349
- 25 Jul 2009, 00:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with Translation, please
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5349
Re: Need help with Translation, please
Thanks, Vincenzo.
Do you think the bottom of the record is important? Should I try to get a better copy of it?
Take care,
Karen
Do you think the bottom of the record is important? Should I try to get a better copy of it?
Take care,
Karen
- 12 Jul 2009, 00:20
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with Translation, please
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5349
Need help with Translation, please
(I hope I am doing this correctly so you can read the record.)
Can someone help me read the names of the parents for Antonina Poma?
Is Giuseppo a name or is it Giuseppe (as usual)? and Vita Narto, I think?
Also, is the handwritten part on the bottom of the record important?
Thank You!
Karen ...
Can someone help me read the names of the parents for Antonina Poma?
Is Giuseppo a name or is it Giuseppe (as usual)? and Vita Narto, I think?
Also, is the handwritten part on the bottom of the record important?
Thank You!
Karen ...
- 04 May 2009, 22:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9480
Re: Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
Nazca, you are pulling my heart strings! It is my dream to someday visit the home where my grandfather grew up. Even the aerial views of the cities are beautiful! Palermo looks wonderful, too, but I love the smaller towns, and the history and the people and, oh my... thank you so much for your ...
- 03 May 2009, 23:44
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9480
Re: Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
Thank you nazca. I couldn't find one either. I suppose the two you found are possibilites, but I still think the passenger's list was wrong and it should have been Mt. San Giuliano instead.
I liked the web site you referred me to. It is interesting to note the 5 most common names in some of the ...
I liked the web site you referred me to. It is interesting to note the 5 most common names in some of the ...
- 25 Apr 2009, 20:19
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9480
Re: Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
Thanks, Peter, I appreciate your clarification. Your definition of a frazione helps. Could M S Giuseppe be found on an older map maybe?
Grazie.
Karen
PS: I'm going to be spending a lot of time on angelfire.com. Great site! Thanks again
Grazie.
Karen
PS: I'm going to be spending a lot of time on angelfire.com. Great site! Thanks again
- 25 Apr 2009, 15:57
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9480
Re: Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
Hi, Vincenzo.
I think you are saying M S Giuliano is now called Erice,
and M S Giuseppe, Castelluzzo, and San Vito Lo Capo are communes around San Vito - something like townships around cities in the US. Do you know were M S Giuseppe was located before the war?
I'm just trying to figure out why ...
I think you are saying M S Giuliano is now called Erice,
and M S Giuseppe, Castelluzzo, and San Vito Lo Capo are communes around San Vito - something like townships around cities in the US. Do you know were M S Giuseppe was located before the war?
I'm just trying to figure out why ...
- 25 Apr 2009, 03:39
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9480
Can someone point me in the right direction in Sicily?
My grandfather was born in Castelluzzo, Trapani, Sicilia. According to the 1907 passenger list when he left from Palermo for the US, his last permanent address was M S Giuseppe and that he was born in Mt S Giuliano. At first I thought maybe records were kept in Mt. S Giuliano, but no, they were kept ...
- 25 Apr 2009, 02:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help reading Passenger list, please
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4106
Re: Help reading Passenger list, please
Perfetto! Grazie, Livio.
Karen
Karen
- 24 Apr 2009, 05:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Help reading Passenger list, please
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4106
Help reading Passenger list, please
Ciao!
I’m trying to read at least 2 lines on a 1907 Ship passenger list and would appreciate some help, please. (I hope it is large enough to read!)
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/karenmurphy06/Paoloshiplistltside.jpg
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/karenmurphy06 ...
I’m trying to read at least 2 lines on a 1907 Ship passenger list and would appreciate some help, please. (I hope it is large enough to read!)
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/karenmurphy06/Paoloshiplistltside.jpg
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu45/karenmurphy06 ...
- 17 Apr 2009, 00:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: How do I display a record here
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8175
Re: How do I display a record here
Thanks, Valerie.
Karen
Karen
- 16 Apr 2009, 19:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: traveling alone at 16 or 18?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8903
Re: traveling alone at 16 or 18?
I would hope someone would be onboard to chaperon. I would think it possible for a child to be traveling with friends or cousins of the family that we might not even know about.
Thanks for all the feedback.
Karen
Thanks for all the feedback.
Karen
- 13 Apr 2009, 02:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: traveling alone at 16 or 18?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8903
Re: traveling alone at 16 or 18?
Gosh, You are right! The number appeared on his certificate of arrival when he applied for citizenship in 1931! Thank you, Master, so much for taking the time to explain it to me!
Karen
Karen
- 12 Apr 2009, 23:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: traveling alone at 16 or 18?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8903
Re: traveling alone at 16 or 18?
Peter,
My grandfather had a number written above his occupation as a laborer (8-47458) on the ship's passenger's list when he came to US in 1907. Could that have possible been his Italian passport number for some reason? Or do you know what else the number could be used for? Ther are 3 other men ...
My grandfather had a number written above his occupation as a laborer (8-47458) on the ship's passenger's list when he came to US in 1907. Could that have possible been his Italian passport number for some reason? Or do you know what else the number could be used for? Ther are 3 other men ...
- 12 Apr 2009, 21:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: traveling alone at 16 or 18?
- Replies: 12
- Views: 8903
Re: traveling alone at 16 or 18?
Hi, Peter,
Would Italian minors have been consided an adult at 18 or 21? Was it the same for both males and females?
Thanks, once more.
Karen
Would Italian minors have been consided an adult at 18 or 21? Was it the same for both males and females?
Thanks, once more.
Karen