Search found 18 matches
- 09 Aug 2011, 06:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DeLuca, Longo, Morrone, Cosenza
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14457
Re: DeLuca, Longo, Morrone, Cosenza
What great information, thanks! Pietro was great, great grandfather, fought the French occupying forces from what I understand. Have you visited that area?
- 09 Aug 2011, 05:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship application documents, esp Naturalization
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4548
Re: Citizenship application documents, esp Naturalization
Thanks for both of your posts. I was able to collect the information on my grandfather's birth, a certificate, from Trenta. They scolded me a bit for my lame Italian, but that gave me just about everything. I kind of lost momentum then. It all adds up with cost too. Any tips for promoting it on the ...
- 03 Nov 2010, 20:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NYC or NJ Birth Documentation - Mary Longo
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6531
Re: NYC or NJ Birth Documentation - Mary Longo
Thanks, yes, those are my grandparents.
- 04 Oct 2010, 16:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NYC or NJ Birth Documentation - Mary Longo
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6531
Re: NYC or NJ Birth Documentation - Mary Longo
10-18 is the correct one; that matches her birthdate. I also found this in the intro search in Ancestry.com Thanks all for your help!
- 30 Sep 2010, 03:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NYC or NJ Birth Documentation - Mary Longo
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6531
Re: NYC or NJ Birth Documentation - Mary Longo
Thanks, all. Maestra36 is correct with the 1903 birthdate and I believe it is NYC so will try the search that Carmine suggested. Appreciate the help!
- 29 Sep 2010, 21:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NYC or NJ Birth Documentation - Mary Longo
- Replies: 12
- Views: 6531
NYC or NJ Birth Documentation - Mary Longo
Does anyone have tips for zeroing in on the correct borough for requesting birth certificates? My grandmother, Mary Longo (maiden name) was born in NYC or NJ in 1903 before the family left for Pueblo, CO. I think they lived with family in NYC for up to a year before leaving for Pueblo (earlier ...
- 13 Sep 2010, 03:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship application documents, esp Naturalization
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4548
Re: Citizenship application documents, esp Naturalization
Thanks, Jerry. Appreciate the input!
- 10 Sep 2010, 19:31
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship application documents, esp Naturalization
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4548
Re: Citizenship application documents, esp Naturalization
Jerry,
Is that version through the Genealogy Program acceptable for dual citizenship application?
Thanks,
Jim
Is that version through the Genealogy Program acceptable for dual citizenship application?
Thanks,
Jim
- 10 Sep 2010, 19:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Impressed With Quick Reponse From USCIS
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3811
Re: Impressed With Quick Reponse From USCIS
Also, did you start with a request to USCIS for naturalization document? I was trying to find out where to start that process online. Looks like here:
https://genealogy.uscis.dhs.gov/
Thanks!
https://genealogy.uscis.dhs.gov/
Thanks!
- 18 Aug 2010, 17:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Legal Ramifications of Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5072
Re: Legal Ramifications of Dual Citizenship
Thanks, Carmine and Jets Fan! I understand, no legal or tax advice, just looking for hot spots or areas of concern. Those are all good points.
- 18 Aug 2010, 02:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Legal Ramifications of Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5072
Legal Ramifications of Dual Citizenship
I've read the basics, such as you can't be taxed in both countries, but you can vote in both; and mandatory military service is a thing of the past. Are there other legal issues one should be aware of before pursuing dual citizenship?
Thanks
Thanks
- 23 Jun 2009, 20:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DeLuca, Longo, Morrone, Cosenza
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14457
Re: DeLuca, Longo, Morrone, Cosenza
Yes, thanks. It looks like Vito and my great grandmother, Emelia, were siblings, so we are distant cousins! Did you look at the link I put in the original post? A few of the names are incorrect, but there is a lot of good information on the Morrone line:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry ...
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry ...
- 08 Jun 2009, 17:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DeLuca, Longo, Morrone, Cosenza
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14457
Re: DeLuca, Longo, Morrone, Cosenza
Valarie,
Thanks very much, I really appreciate your help. That is the clan, and all looks accurate. I know Phillipe eventually joined the family in Pueblo. The Trenta references must be Calabria as there is no connection in the Alto Adige. Thanks again,
Jim
Thanks very much, I really appreciate your help. That is the clan, and all looks accurate. I know Phillipe eventually joined the family in Pueblo. The Trenta references must be Calabria as there is no connection in the Alto Adige. Thanks again,
Jim
- 07 Jun 2009, 23:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: DeLuca, Longo, Morrone, Cosenza
- Replies: 11
- Views: 14457
DeLuca, Longo, Morrone, Cosenza
I'm trying to tie together (or untangle!) some family tree items. My grandpa, Louie DeLuca emigrated to Pueblo, CO in about 1910. I know from talking to my father and from this elegant effort:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rhio/MorrPg.htm
that Genaro Morrone's daughter, Emelia ...
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~rhio/MorrPg.htm
that Genaro Morrone's daughter, Emelia ...
- 15 May 2009, 03:27
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italians of Pueblo, Colorado
- Replies: 25
- Views: 28924
Re: Italians of Pueblo, Colorado
Thanks - are there ever family gatherings? Those San Isabel picnics that Tom mentioned were huge, and there was so much family around Pueblo.