Search found 19 matches
- 27 May 2009, 15:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Documents are missing.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5353
Re: Dual Citizenship Documents are missing.
OK thanks, I hear the San Francisco Consulate is REALLY difficult over the documents. I have to find my mothers birth certificate and also find deportation info. on my GF back to Italy.
- 27 May 2009, 00:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Documents are missing.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5353
Re: Dual Citizenship Documents are missing.
The Italian Consulate here in San Francisco says I need my mothers birth certificate but all the county has is here Baptism record showing my GF as her father. I thought I needed my GM birth certificate or do I just need my Grandparents marriage certificate? What if my GF never officially married my ...
- 25 May 2009, 15:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my GGM / De Santi surname Castelvecchio
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3794
Looking for my GGM / De Santi surname Castelvecchio
Any info for Carmina De Santi who married Giovanni Parenti, how many children did they have. I know of my grandfather Umberto Parenti, why did they all come and go so many times back and forth from Italy to America and who died in Italy and who died in America...I am getting confused.
- 25 May 2009, 15:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Documents are missing.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5353
Dual Citizenship Documents are missing.
What do I do if there is no birth certificate for my grandmother, she was born in the family home not a hospital, also my mother only has a record of christening which just shows her parents names. This was a small California coastal town where my Aunt tells me the doctors and priests back in 1930 ...
- 22 May 2009, 02:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for "Iacopetti" surname in Chicago area!
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2201
Searching for "Iacopetti" surname in Chicago area!
Do any of these names ring a bell?
Nello/ Nella Iacopetti, Lena/Lina Parenti, Rudolfo/Rodolfo & Yolanda Massoni?
Please email me at carlo-parenti@hotmail.com
Thank you.
Nello/ Nella Iacopetti, Lena/Lina Parenti, Rudolfo/Rodolfo & Yolanda Massoni?
Please email me at carlo-parenti@hotmail.com
Thank you.
- 21 May 2009, 19:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8101
Re: HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up
I cannot find any more information about Umberto after he came into New Brunswick, Canada in 1920. He eventually turned up in Half Moon Bay, California for the 1930 census under "Alberto" after that he really did just disappear for good.
I noticed that it states Giovanni was meeting his brother ...
I noticed that it states Giovanni was meeting his brother ...
- 21 May 2009, 19:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Umberto "Alberto" Parenti of Castelvecchio/Lucca
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2581
Umberto "Alberto" Parenti of Castelvecchio/Lucca
I cannot find any more information about Umberto after he came into New Brunswick, Canada in 1920. He eventually turned up in Half Moon Bay, California for the 1930 census under "Alberto" after that he really did just disappear for good.
I noticed that it states Giovanni was meeting his brother ...
I noticed that it states Giovanni was meeting his brother ...
- 21 May 2009, 00:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Birth and Death Certificate Question Again...
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2830
Birth and Death Certificate Question Again...
When I write to the local municipality to request these certificates will they be "official/ apostled" when I receive them or just photocopies.
I need my grandfathers who died in 1952 to present to the Italian Consulate in San Francisco.
I need my grandfathers who died in 1952 to present to the Italian Consulate in San Francisco.
- 20 May 2009, 17:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8101
Re: HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up
OK thanks. I will have to look into everything again and send for new birth and death certificates. But this new info is great.
It stated somewhere that Giovanni was going to see his brother PARIS here in America, but I cannot locate that name.
It stated somewhere that Giovanni was going to see his brother PARIS here in America, but I cannot locate that name.
- 20 May 2009, 17:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8101
Re: HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up
Yes, this is my GGF, we had the date of his birth 12/9/1874, but in Italy I believe they put month first, then day and year so date of birth as September 12,1874 is dead on.
Now for Umberto coming into Canada again, does this mean that Giovanni returned to Italy finally as it states nearest ...
Now for Umberto coming into Canada again, does this mean that Giovanni returned to Italy finally as it states nearest ...
- 20 May 2009, 16:36
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8101
Re: HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up
Right...this I have and his date of birth was 12/2/1902, so since this was taken in 1930 it gives his age as 28 which makes sense, he is listed as "al" which i would assume is alien (so he was not a citizen?)
Giovanni his father entered the US 3 times 1903,1909 and 1913. I wish I could find ...
Giovanni his father entered the US 3 times 1903,1909 and 1913. I wish I could find ...
- 20 May 2009, 15:53
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Who can tellme what this letter states?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3065
Who can tellme what this letter states?
"Sopresi per la tua scomparsa ti ricordana nel dolore o Umberto la mamma sorelle i cognati, i nepoti ed i parenti tutti e per invocano il riposso eterno.
Sorry if this is written badly!
Sorry if this is written badly!
- 20 May 2009, 15:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up!
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8101
HELP! Parenti family of Castelvecchio/ about to give up!
OK, I have been on the trail for over a year now...I thought I finally nailed it, I have been following the wrong Alberto Parenti.
My grandfather was UMBERTO Parenti, son of Giovanni and Carmina Parenti, but he went by Alberto when they did the 1930 census that shows up for San Mateo County/Half ...
My grandfather was UMBERTO Parenti, son of Giovanni and Carmina Parenti, but he went by Alberto when they did the 1930 census that shows up for San Mateo County/Half ...
- 19 May 2009, 21:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Where does the family name Del Seppia orginate from?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2980
Where does the family name Del Seppia orginate from?
Only seeing 2 entries into the U.S. via Ellis Island, I am trying to find the connection to Gelsomina Del Seppia, first wife of Alberto Parenti.
- 19 May 2009, 18:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Parenti Family of Castelvecchio/ LUCCA
- Replies: 18
- Views: 19257
Re: Parenti Family of Castelvecchio/ LUCCA
I have found out the Del Seppia last name connection, Gelsomina Parenti was formerly Gelsomina Del Seppia, she married Alberto Parenti.
When I was in Italy in 1997 I stayed with Lido and Vanda Del Seppia, Lido was related to Gelsomina.
This is the same Alberto Parenti, he must have left ...
When I was in Italy in 1997 I stayed with Lido and Vanda Del Seppia, Lido was related to Gelsomina.
This is the same Alberto Parenti, he must have left ...