I can't make my April 1, 2010 appointment to review my citizenship application via jure sanguinis at the San Francisco consultate. I've waited two years for this but unfortunately still having trouble obtaining certain documents.
I emailed the consulate to see if it was possible to let a friend ...
Search found 5 matches
- 16 Mar 2010, 03:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can't make April 1 SF appointment--anyone ready to go?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2179
- 21 Nov 2009, 20:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Unresponsive commune
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7642
Re: Unresponsive commune
How much information is too much? His birth record is complicated, and trying to explain it all might be overwhelming. Then again, perhaps if I was more specific, I could have helped move it along faster.
In my original email I indicated that he was illegitimate. Gave his date of birth, his mother ...
In my original email I indicated that he was illegitimate. Gave his date of birth, his mother ...
- 16 Nov 2009, 20:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Unresponsive commune
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7642
Re: Unresponsive commune
The commune is Bagni di Lucca. I will try sending a letter with a specific request to look in the Atti Diversi.
Thank you!
Thank you!
- 13 Nov 2009, 03:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Unresponsive commune
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7642
Unresponsive commune
Over a year ago I sent an email to the commune where my grandfather was born inquiring if there was a birth record for him. I got a response just a few days later saying they couldn't find him in the record. So I went and did my own research and after some digging, I was able to find him. His birth ...
- 06 Jun 2009, 04:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Requesting Illegitimate Birth Record with Wrong Last Name
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4740
Requesting Illegitimate Birth Record with Wrong Last Name
I've always known that my grandfather, Mario, was a "figlio naturale"—illegitimate. His parents were very young when he was conceived and they never married, yet he has always gone by his father’s last name. So when I first contacted the comune where he was born I was disappointed that they ...