Search found 7 matches

by smsaether
20 Jun 2009, 11:20
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: village/town in L'Aquila ??
Replies: 12
Views: 9652

Re: village/town in L'Aquila ??

Yep, I saw that social security document and thought exactly the same. I'll bet he just put "Italy" on it, but obtaining all documents is always the goal. The letter will go out today!
Your right of course about Sbaraglio...had to be a sister's husband!
I've got the film number (1424086) for the ...
by smsaether
19 Jun 2009, 19:12
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: village/town in L'Aquila ??
Replies: 12
Views: 9652

Re: village/town in L'Aquila ??

Laura,
Nice Work!! These look very very promising. I was thinking that Louis (Luigi) went back to PA after living in Rocky Mount NC for a few years. He is found on the 1910 census with Maud in RM, NC, but then disappears. She is not with him in 1918 when she has a child (father unknown). I figured ...
by smsaether
19 Jun 2009, 14:00
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: village/town in L'Aquila ??
Replies: 12
Views: 9652

Re: village/town in L'Aquila ??

Laura, that's the right family!!!! You got it. Maud Etta Dickens is the "wife" of Luigi.. But Luigi disappears in NC, and no documents are found for him. OK, so we have an uncle..."Sbaraglia" I guess from Luigi's mother's side.
Thank you for the insight on the provinces and regions. I need to look ...
by smsaether
19 Jun 2009, 13:50
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: village/town in L'Aquila ??
Replies: 12
Views: 9652

Re: village/town in L'Aquila ??

I cann't seem to find this Sbaraglio Angelantonio on Ancestry. First name Angelantonio? He was not in the 1910 census?? I'm coming up blank here.
by smsaether
19 Jun 2009, 13:00
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: village/town in L'Aquila ??
Replies: 12
Views: 9652

Re: village/town in L'Aquila ??

You all have been so very helpful!! Thank You. Although I have been doing genealogy for a long time, this is my first attempt in Italy. I was trying to find information for the "Uncle", but I had not yet been able to decipher his name. Thank you for that translation...Angelantonio Sbaraglio. No ...
by smsaether
19 Jun 2009, 01:16
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: village/town in L'Aquila ??
Replies: 12
Views: 9652

Re: village/town in L'Aquila ??

Yes, this is the same manifest. We're still trying to determine the name of this village. I thought it might possibly be a T not a P, but again no town with this name is found in Aquila. Thank you for your insight.
by smsaether
18 Jun 2009, 23:29
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: village/town in L'Aquila ??
Replies: 12
Views: 9652

village/town in L'Aquila ??

I would appreciate any help in determining the name of the village/town on the arrival manifest for Luigi Marchesani, New York on September 6,1905, Ship Prinz Adalbert from Naples.
It had been translated as Poirevecctria (Aquila) by the Ellis Island group, but I contacted the US Board on Geographic ...