http://www.familysearch.org shows
Ignazio Girimonte
B: abt 1856
San Giovanni in Fiore, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy
I: abt 1890
I: abt 1895
U: abt 1904
X: aft 11 Apr 1909
36 Paul Street, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
N: 29 Apr 1910
300 Spring Lane, Stoneham, Middlesex, Massachusetts, USA
M: abt 1880
Italy ...
Search found 11 matches
- 17 Jul 2009, 18:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Searching for Girimontes
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6809
- 12 Jul 2009, 18:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta family
- Replies: 46
- Views: 38356
Re: Zambrotta family
I checked my available records and verified the Delores I had asked/posted about, and thought may be a zambrotta was not Zambrotta but a Nappi.
Be well.
Be well.
- 12 Jul 2009, 05:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta family
- Replies: 46
- Views: 38356
Re: Zambrotta family
Dianeb are you from the Pantelao Nappi line?
- 12 Jul 2009, 05:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta family
- Replies: 46
- Views: 38356
Re: Zambrotta family
I belive I had met and I was/am a far distant relative of Delores Zambrotta. If it is the same I used to see Delores and her husband Al a few times a year at my grandmothers house in the early 1990's. If I recall right Zambrotta was her maiden name. I am certain that she was a 2nd cousin of my ...
- 12 Jul 2009, 05:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Hit a Roadblock. Thoughts?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 16416
Re: Hit a Roadblock. Thoughts?
Yes Suanj I meant to say one was from Molfetta area of Italy and the other from Sicily not that Molfetta was in Sicily.
Yes warriorrabbit its been so long since I had conversation on the topic, I did confuse the two origins. The memory is the first to go. Sergio was from Molfetta, Lillian from ...
Yes warriorrabbit its been so long since I had conversation on the topic, I did confuse the two origins. The memory is the first to go. Sergio was from Molfetta, Lillian from ...
- 11 Jul 2009, 17:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Lilli vs. Nicoletta
- Replies: 13
- Views: 14633
Re: Lilli vs. Nicoletta
Yes your dates are correct. Lilli lived over 100 years and two of her children only outlived her by 8 or so years, 1 son remains.
I met Joe her nephew, that in early 1990's, he was about 70 then, he is a cousin to my grandmother. I have a picture of him at the time, someplace. He came out east to ...
I met Joe her nephew, that in early 1990's, he was about 70 then, he is a cousin to my grandmother. I have a picture of him at the time, someplace. He came out east to ...
- 10 Jul 2009, 21:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Lilli vs. Nicoletta
- Replies: 13
- Views: 14633
Re: Lilli vs. Nicoletta
I made typo in some of the prior posts -
I meant Lamanna (not Lemanna) Sorry!
In any case, in this case Lilli is / was Nicoletta...I state this from first hand knowledge as one of her relatives.
be well
I meant Lamanna (not Lemanna) Sorry!
In any case, in this case Lilli is / was Nicoletta...I state this from first hand knowledge as one of her relatives.
be well
- 10 Jul 2009, 20:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: City Directories - New York and New Jersey
- Replies: 13
- Views: 12907
Re: City Directories - New York and New Jersey
warrior rabbit -
As for the Lamanna part of your search - while some are out in CA, some remained in the N.E mainly in MA, PA & NJ with some in Brooklyn. The last names are now different and many because these were he Lamanna (LaManna) women and their names changed. Which you know by now since I ...
As for the Lamanna part of your search - while some are out in CA, some remained in the N.E mainly in MA, PA & NJ with some in Brooklyn. The last names are now different and many because these were he Lamanna (LaManna) women and their names changed. Which you know by now since I ...
- 10 Jul 2009, 20:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Hit a Roadblock. Thoughts?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 16416
Re: Hit a Roadblock. Thoughts?
I forgot to mention Lillian Lamanna (later Nappi) who you were searching when you searched the Lamanna side, they were from Messina Sicily...some of the records may show as Calabria and some translated records also spell the towns in varied way.
be well
be well
- 10 Jul 2009, 19:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Hit a Roadblock. Thoughts?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 16416
Re: Hit a Roadblock. Thoughts?
warrior rabbit -
I saw your post about Lemanna women - Lilli vs Nicoletta. You may have went wrong at that point in your search. Someone gav you some research based on Lilli being a different person from Nicoletta.
I am Lillians great grandson and I can say Lillian was Nicoletta.
So if your ...
I saw your post about Lemanna women - Lilli vs Nicoletta. You may have went wrong at that point in your search. Someone gav you some research based on Lilli being a different person from Nicoletta.
I am Lillians great grandson and I can say Lillian was Nicoletta.
So if your ...
- 10 Jul 2009, 19:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Lilli vs. Nicoletta
- Replies: 13
- Views: 14633
Re: Lilli vs. Nicoletta
I can state that in this particular case Lilli IS (or was) Nicoletta. She was Lillian Nappi for most of her life. She was Married to Sergio Nappi for more than 51 years.
It has nothing to do with translations. My understanding was done prior to her actual immigration. So some older docs may list ...
It has nothing to do with translations. My understanding was done prior to her actual immigration. So some older docs may list ...