Search found 25 matches
- 14 Sep 2010, 17:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaPorta and Perri Families
- Replies: 20
- Views: 23508
Re: LaPorta and Perri Families
So I discovered that the Pasqualina Santoro that married Giovanni Fiore was my great-grandmother. I discovered this from the marriage record I ordered for Giovanni Perri and Pasqualina Santore. It listed Pasqualina's current name as Pasqualina Fiore yet her father's name was Giuseppe Santore. My ...
- 29 Jul 2010, 02:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finally some progress with the Perri Family
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3435
Re: Finally some progress with the Perri Family
@ Peter - You're right. I wish I remember what I wanted to ask. I wrote it down. I'll get back to you with that.
@ Suanj - I suppose it is a possibility. I would need to order the marriage record from 1892 between Pasqualina Santoro and Giovanni Fiore.
@ Suanj - I suppose it is a possibility. I would need to order the marriage record from 1892 between Pasqualina Santoro and Giovanni Fiore.
- 24 Jul 2010, 15:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Finally some progress with the Perri Family
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3435
Finally some progress with the Perri Family
I've been going crazy trying to find information about the Perri side of my family. I was able to get a marriage record for my great-grandparents, Giovanni Perri and Pasqualina Santore. They didn't get married until 1919, which I would never have thought of originally considering they have a few ...
- 15 Jul 2010, 16:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help obtaining a death certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8363
Re: Need help obtaining a death certificate
the good news is that I was able to go to a Family History Center near me and locate the number of Giovanni's death certificate. I ordered it on Monday so hopefully this will finally help me get this record.
- 12 May 2010, 10:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6866
Re: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
There are Mignone's in my family tree. My great-great-grandmother was Maddalena Mignone. She married Rosario (Rocco) Montemarano. Not sure if either of those names sound familiar. There is also an Antonia Mignone in my family.
- 24 Apr 2010, 15:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help obtaining a death certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8363
Re: Need help obtaining a death certificate
He was born around 1870, give or take a few years. we have conflicting information. His gravestone says John Perri. His prayer card says John Perri. But maybe his legal last name was Perry. Or maybe he never filed for Social Security.
I hired one of the experts from Ancestry.com to do some ...
I hired one of the experts from Ancestry.com to do some ...
- 24 Apr 2010, 12:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help obtaining a death certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8363
Re: Need help obtaining a death certificate
The date of death is correct. It was taken from a prayer card that my father found in a box of photos and other random items.
I saw that same listing for the death in Jan 1950 and i thought maybe the month was just estimated due to the fact that the original record could be missing or legibly ...
I saw that same listing for the death in Jan 1950 and i thought maybe the month was just estimated due to the fact that the original record could be missing or legibly ...
- 23 Apr 2010, 10:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help obtaining a death certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8363
Re: Need help obtaining a death certificate
He died October 20, 1950.
I can not get the birth records. I don't know where in Calabria he was born or a date. I tried searching marriage records and also have been unable to find him in there. It's possible his record was never transcribed or that when he first came here, his last name was ...
I can not get the birth records. I don't know where in Calabria he was born or a date. I tried searching marriage records and also have been unable to find him in there. It's possible his record was never transcribed or that when he first came here, his last name was ...
- 21 Apr 2010, 15:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help obtaining a death certificate
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8363
Need help obtaining a death certificate
I tried purchasing a death certificate for my great-grandfather, Giovanni Perri, through the NYC department of health website. They returned a letter stating that I did not give enough information. I included the date of death which to me should really be all the information they need. I submitted a ...
- 26 Dec 2009, 14:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family History Library
- Replies: 23
- Views: 26003
Re: Family History Library
I just received that book for Christmas last night. I started looking through it and I can definitely tell it will be extremely helpful with what I need. I also received "Italian Genealogical Records."
- 24 Dec 2009, 15:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaPorta and Perri Families
- Replies: 20
- Views: 23508
Re: LaPorta and Perri Families
I ordered the death certificate for Giovanni Perri, so I will at least be able to find out his parent's names. I didn't receive it yet though, so hopefully it will be found.
- 29 Nov 2009, 23:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: families of.. Perri, Santore, Trombino, LaPorta
- Replies: 5
- Views: 6409
Re: families of.. Perri, Santore, Trombino, LaPorta
Am I missing something?
- 25 Nov 2009, 17:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaPorta and Perri Families
- Replies: 20
- Views: 23508
Re: LaPorta and Perri Families
I know the Perri side of my family comes from Calabria as per my father. I'm half Calabrian and half Sicilian on his side. His father's family was from Calabria, his mother's from Sicily.
- 23 Nov 2009, 17:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Family History Library
- Replies: 23
- Views: 26003
Re: Family History Library
Thanks, I will look more into it as the new year approaches.
Peter - I plan on getting that book by the way.
Peter - I plan on getting that book by the way.
- 23 Nov 2009, 17:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: LaPorta and Perri Families
- Replies: 20
- Views: 23508
Re: LaPorta and Perri Families
Where did you find the names of the Fiore and Santoro parents?
And yes, this is a complete mystery.
I will go even one further. In 1919, there was a marriage between a Giovanni Perri and Pasqualina Fiore. I found that on stevemorse.org
And yes, this is a complete mystery.
I will go even one further. In 1919, there was a marriage between a Giovanni Perri and Pasqualina Fiore. I found that on stevemorse.org