Yes, there is a connection!! I have Guiseppina (Josie) Palumbo as being born in September of 1893 but it could be 1892 - I have only the census record and those always have approximations or errors.
I have a total of 12 siblings but some died, so 10 could easily have been correct at some point. I ...
Search found 7 matches
- 31 Aug 2010, 08:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gentile to Palumbo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14447
- 21 Aug 2009, 16:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gentile to Palumbo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14447
Re: Gentile to Palumbo
I've recently found a whole ton of Gentile Palumbos in Chicago and Ohio, 2 of which I've been able to link as siblings to Antonino. I'm wondering if many from the same family went over and did the Gentile to Palumbo thing or if maybe their name actually was Gentile Palumbo in Italy and that not all ...
- 14 Aug 2009, 12:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gentile to Palumbo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14447
Re: Gentile to Palumbo
Yep, I have got that one. Yeah, there is later a birth record that says one more child is living than has been born, so that makes sense. How does Ignazio change to Mattie? I was wondering maybe if Mattie was born sometime in 1900, after the census - but I guess she couldn't be 11 then. Hmm. Too bad ...
- 14 Aug 2009, 10:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gentile to Palumbo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14447
Re: Gentile to Palumbo
Thanks again for all the info!! This census is definitely the missing one - the details fit almost perfectly. The 1893 thing is odd but I think that's just got to be an error. I always wondered why the child born after Ignacio was listed as #7, since I hadn't previously discovered Agostina or ...
- 13 Aug 2009, 20:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gentile to Palumbo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14447
Re: Gentile to Palumbo
Thanks again! Yeah, I have seen that date on the war record.
I have read about the Mormon centres but I haven't been to one yet. So the microfilms could be there and then it is free to use them, yes? But if they are not, one must pay to have a copy sent?
I have been told that much more could exist ...
I have read about the Mormon centres but I haven't been to one yet. So the microfilms could be there and then it is free to use them, yes? But if they are not, one must pay to have a copy sent?
I have been told that much more could exist ...
- 13 Aug 2009, 17:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gentile to Palumbo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14447
Re: Gentile to Palumbo
Wow!!! This is all VERY interesting!! I do, indeed, have Giuseppe's (Joseph) birth certificate - he is my great grandfather. ;)
I had searched Ellis Island before but I guess I am not experienced enough. The age for Antonino is wrong by a few years but I've seen that one change on different ...
I had searched Ellis Island before but I guess I am not experienced enough. The age for Antonino is wrong by a few years but I've seen that one change on different ...
- 12 Aug 2009, 13:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gentile to Palumbo
- Replies: 18
- Views: 14447
Gentile to Palumbo
Hi,
I have been working to track down my Italian lineage but the trail goes cold with only a few names in Italy but I have been unable to find more.
My second great grandfather came to New York in approximately 1891 (according to census records). His name was Antonio Palumbo, according to census ...
I have been working to track down my Italian lineage but the trail goes cold with only a few names in Italy but I have been unable to find more.
My second great grandfather came to New York in approximately 1891 (according to census records). His name was Antonio Palumbo, according to census ...