Search found 6 matches

by Echo
01 Nov 2013, 14:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: In old Terrasini, Sicily (1890's) via Perano changed to ?
Replies: 2
Views: 1805

Re: In old Terrasini, Sicily (1890's) via Perano changed to

Erudita,

When I write to them, should I only write in Italian to get a response, or can I write in English. If Italian, I'll need my uncle's
help.

Thank you.
by Echo
25 Oct 2013, 04:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: In old Terrasini, Sicily (1890's) via Perano changed to ?
Replies: 2
Views: 1805

In old Terrasini, Sicily (1890's) via Perano changed to ?

My grandfather Filippo Mannino was born in Terrasini, on via Perano. And now I can no longer find that location. I'm sure the street changed names, but to what?

Many LiCavoli's and LoGrasso's were born on Via Purgatorio in Terrasini, and that name has changed. But to what?
by Echo
24 Oct 2013, 14:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Zerilli last name changed to Zerilla, but WHY?
Replies: 1
Views: 973

Zerilli last name changed to Zerilla, but WHY?

We have cousins two or three generations back that changed his name from Zerilli to Zerilla. Family was from Terrasini and came to America. His entry into America from Ellis Island was Zerilli. Each time he came and went out of the country he is listed as Zerilli, and when his wife travels to and ...
by Echo
20 Aug 2009, 14:59
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Terrasini street name Via Purgatorio changed to what name?
Replies: 3
Views: 3763

Re: Terrasini street name Via Purgatorio changed to what nam

Thanks Laura and Peter for your quick responses and input. I will followup this weekend.
Philip
by Echo
18 Aug 2009, 13:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pergatorio
Replies: 11
Views: 9083

Re: Pergatorio

Hello,
The name Purgatorio may have come from the street name where he lived. If you say there are no last names Purgatorio, then Oddo may have taken the name from where he lived in Palermo. My family lived on via Purgatorio in Terrasini back round 1900, so perhaps he chose that name for some reason ...
by Echo
18 Aug 2009, 13:21
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: Terrasini street name Via Purgatorio changed to what name?
Replies: 3
Views: 3763

Terrasini street name Via Purgatorio changed to what name?

Terrasini street name around 1900 was Via Purgatorio. This does not show up on any map today. Does anyone have an old map of Terrasini or know the current name of what once was Via Purgatorio?