I also have been trying to figure out what to do with my Brazilian documents to have them ready once I have obtained those from Italy for which I am still searching.
The consulate here in LA has told me that I will need to have the documents and their translations authenticated by the Italian ...
Search found 10 matches
- 15 Jun 2010, 23:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documents
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13578
- 15 Jun 2010, 17:51
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documents
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13578
Re: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documen
I sent a little over 300 envelopes a couple weeks ago, and I am starting to receive responses. Many have been as non result, but a few say that their records only start after 1866 (just 3 years after the birth or my ancestor.) I am praying that within the next month I receive a positive result and ...
- 15 Jun 2010, 17:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Emigration from Italy to Brazil abt. 1870
- Replies: 10
- Views: 14054
Re: Emigration from Italy to Brazil abt. 1870
I am also looking for family that settled in Brazil and then immigrated to NJ. I do know that one of my great great uncles was born in Sao Paolo. How every I do not know how to find his birth certificate. And being I can't read Spanish is having a tough time understanding what I am trying to look ...
- 18 May 2010, 16:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documents
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13578
Re: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documen
Well, with a list like that it looks like I may need to spend several hundred dollars at the post office writing them individually. I had found a similar list yesterday that at least includes addresses for each of the comuni (http://www.comuni-italiani.it/001/index.html); for anybody else who looks ...
- 17 May 2010, 19:46
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documents
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13578
Re: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documen
<snip> You will have to prove that none of your ancestors relinquished his/her Italian citizenship prior to the birth of the next person in your lineage. In other words,
a) Your great-great-grandfather must have been an Italian citizen at the time of your great-grandfather's birth
b) Your great ...
a) Your great-great-grandfather must have been an Italian citizen at the time of your great-grandfather's birth
b) Your great ...
- 17 May 2010, 19:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documents
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13578
Re: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documen
I have been working on this on and off for quite a while now and I have now new certified copies of all of my vital records from both the US and Brazil but I have had serious trouble tracking down my documents from Italy.
I am seeking birth certificates and a marriage certificate from Torino and ...
I am seeking birth certificates and a marriage certificate from Torino and ...
- 01 Oct 2009, 20:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Do I qualify for dual citizenship? What are the rules?
- Replies: 17
- Views: 24430
Re: Do I qualify for dual citizenship? What are the rules?
Filipe, where did you search online for Brazilian Naturalization? I am looking to see if my GGF naturalized (from Italy) or not. The only way I have seen to research this is sending a letter to Brasilia.
Thanks for any info...
Thanks for any info...
- 01 Oct 2009, 14:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documents
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13578
Re: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documen
Thank you very much Jerry. That's some good news as I was worried that I may not be eligible do to this 1948 rule.
For others that have had experience with multiple countries, do I need to legalize my Brazilian documents at the Italian consulate in Brazil?
And this apostille is required for each ...
For others that have had experience with multiple countries, do I need to legalize my Brazilian documents at the Italian consulate in Brazil?
And this apostille is required for each ...
- 01 Oct 2009, 00:33
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documents
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13578
Re: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documen
In continuing my research...
I have seen a rule regarding a mother not passing citizenship to her child- something coinciding with the year 1948, does this apply to the year of birth of the mother or child? My father was born in 1958 but his mother(through which the bloodline runs) was born in 1928 ...
I have seen a rule regarding a mother not passing citizenship to her child- something coinciding with the year 1948, does this apply to the year of birth of the mother or child? My father was born in 1958 but his mother(through which the bloodline runs) was born in 1928 ...
- 30 Sep 2009, 02:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documents
- Replies: 13
- Views: 13578
Researching geneology and q about dual citizen + documents
Hello, My name is Alec Murray and I am researching my family history and have come upon the opportunity of obtaining my Italian citizenship through decent (I think).
REMOVED
REMOVED