Search found 18 matches
- 19 Oct 2009, 18:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Take a guess at name in immigration record? from Villalba
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5178
- 18 Oct 2009, 21:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Take a guess at name in immigration record? from Villalba
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5178
Re: Take a guess at name in immigration record? from Villalb
The Villalba for this family IS in the Province of Catanissetta one.... (confirmed since my grandma told me so! also "we're NOT ITALIANS!" ;))
Walston is in Punxsutawney, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania. Again, I could only figure that out since I know where her husband was living at the time (and ...
Walston is in Punxsutawney, Jefferson County, Pennsylvania. Again, I could only figure that out since I know where her husband was living at the time (and ...
- 18 Oct 2009, 21:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Take a guess at name in immigration record? from Villalba
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5178
Re: Take a guess at name in immigration record? from Villalb
Oh... that could be it! That is, at least, a true surname that exists in Villalba, Sicily
Thanks for the suggestion.
- 18 Oct 2009, 20:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Take a guess at name in immigration record? from Villalba
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5178
Take a guess at name in immigration record? from Villalba
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup_weif_5a.asp?src=%2Fcgi-bin%2Ftif2gif.exe%3FT%3D\\\\192.168.100.11\\IMAGES\\M237-0653\\M237-06530211.TIF%26S%3D.5&pID=102877040702&name=Calogero%26nbsp%3BPanspanto&doa=Jan+11%2C+1896&port=Naples&line=0237
Line 237
Ellisisland says "Calogera Panspanto"
but ...
Line 237
Ellisisland says "Calogera Panspanto"
but ...
- 18 Oct 2009, 15:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian nicknames
- Replies: 9
- Views: 8783
Re: Italian nicknames
Our "Calogera" family members went by Carrie
Tonny just looks like Tony to me for Anthony or Antonio...
Annuciata could also be Annunzianata
Tonny just looks like Tony to me for Anthony or Antonio...
Annuciata could also be Annunzianata
- 17 Oct 2009, 08:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8524
Re: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
Yes, I have those
I can invite you to my myheritage site if you want to see what I do have. Thanks for helping.... I really appreciate it.
- 16 Oct 2009, 02:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8524
Re: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
Again, you are amazing. Thank you so, so much. That photo (and those articles) will be very touching to my family. How did you find that site?
- 15 Oct 2009, 22:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8524
Re: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
Actually, Angelo's record looks like a 38 and not 28 to me (or is that wishful thinking?) :) Thanks for the help on noticing that. You're a good detective! (Also, you combined facts from both of my topics on this board to contribute... thanks :))
I could order Biagio's SSN application and see what ...
I could order Biagio's SSN application and see what ...
- 15 Oct 2009, 04:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8524
Re: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
The only Gaspare I can find is Gaspare Taibbi (with two Bs)... He shows up in 1920 and again in 1930, he is a bricklayer in Brooklyn listed as "Jasper" with a wife named Florence (which, I believe, is Providenza/Providence in Italian.) They married in King county, NY on July 22 1912 (Gaspare Taibbi ...
- 14 Oct 2009, 20:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8524
Re: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
Biff--- WOW. I think that is it... everything seems to fit, except I didn't know of that brother at all..... That's very exciting. :)
Since he is traveling with a group from Licata (which is where he supposedly last lived with his wife's family,) but he was born in Racalmuto... I'd say it's ...
Since he is traveling with a group from Licata (which is where he supposedly last lived with his wife's family,) but he was born in Racalmuto... I'd say it's ...
- 13 Oct 2009, 21:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
- Replies: 10
- Views: 8524
Immigration records for Angelo Taibi
I cannot find immigration records for an ancestor.
Angelo Taibi was born on Mar 22, 1881 in Racalmuto, Agrigento, Sicily. He married Angela Cannizzaro of Licata, Agrigento, Sicily on Apr 26, 1908. They had a son named Angelo Paul who was born Jan 29, 1909.
He immigrated to Niagara Falls, NY before ...
Angelo Taibi was born on Mar 22, 1881 in Racalmuto, Agrigento, Sicily. He married Angela Cannizzaro of Licata, Agrigento, Sicily on Apr 26, 1908. They had a son named Angelo Paul who was born Jan 29, 1909.
He immigrated to Niagara Falls, NY before ...
- 11 Oct 2009, 22:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help figuring out meaning of margin notes in birth records..
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9387
Re: Help figuring out meaning of margin notes in birth recor
Thank you so much!!
If anyone is able to read the main part of Angelo's birth certificate, does it say under what conditions he was left or found? I wasn't able to find those words... (I know it's pretty hard to read.)
Again, thanks everyone for their help.
If anyone is able to read the main part of Angelo's birth certificate, does it say under what conditions he was left or found? I wasn't able to find those words... (I know it's pretty hard to read.)
Again, thanks everyone for their help.
- 10 Oct 2009, 17:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help figuring out meaning of margin notes in birth records..
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9387
Re: Help figuring out meaning of margin notes in birth recor
Bonus info... the only Paolino Taibi I can find in Racalmuto records IS the son of a "Fedele" (who is the son of a Paolino).... (I have many of the microfilms checked out and some are indexed on familysearch.)
This Paolino is 14 years older than Francesco. I suppose that could be a reason the boys ...
This Paolino is 14 years older than Francesco. I suppose that could be a reason the boys ...
- 10 Oct 2009, 17:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help figuring out meaning of margin notes in birth records..
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9387
Re: Help figuring out meaning of margin notes in birth recor
http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9996 ... argins.jpg
another link for the first image in case the first doesn't work
...sorry for the trouble.... This is the ORIGINAL image I tried to post... of both boy's margin notes.
another link for the first image in case the first doesn't work
- 10 Oct 2009, 17:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help figuring out meaning of margin notes in birth records..
- Replies: 13
- Views: 9387
Re: Help figuring out meaning of margin notes in birth recor
These two images are of the main content of Angelo's birth record. It is really hard for me to read since I am just learning to translate these... I don't know if anyone can pull anything useful out of it...
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6391/angelobirth.jpg
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82 ...
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6391/angelobirth.jpg
http://img82.imageshack.us/img82 ...