Thanks - that's exactly what I was looking for. Found 4 people with her name in Giarre - so we'll just send out 4 copies of the letter.
Grazie
Search found 11 matches
- 09 May 2010, 01:46
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Best approach to find a cousin in Giarre, Sicily
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3363
- 08 May 2010, 22:46
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Best approach to find a cousin in Giarre, Sicily
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3363
Best approach to find a cousin in Giarre, Sicily
My mother in law wants to find and write to a cousin she has. She hasn't seen the cousin for 40 years and is not sure she's still alive. The cousin was born in the US - but went back to Sicily with her mother when she was a child. My mother in law reconnected with her around 1970, but has lost touch ...
- 03 May 2010, 16:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11888
Re: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
I thought I would update on this.
Out of the blue - one of my (many) requests to Riposto for her birth and marriage record resulted in a jackpot. I received the envelope from Riposto last week with both grandmother's birth certs and the paternal grandparent's marriage certificate - the last of the ...
Out of the blue - one of my (many) requests to Riposto for her birth and marriage record resulted in a jackpot. I received the envelope from Riposto last week with both grandmother's birth certs and the paternal grandparent's marriage certificate - the last of the ...
- 25 Nov 2009, 22:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Just got something from the Commune--Will this be enough??
- Replies: 14
- Views: 8485
Re: Just got something from the Commune--Will this be enough
Los Angeles is giving out appointments about 3 months in advance right now. But if you think you need more time, you can ask for a later appointment.
We called in October 09 and were offered a Jan 2010 appt. Since I wasn't sure we'd have all the docs by then - we requested, and received, an ...
We called in October 09 and were offered a Jan 2010 appt. Since I wasn't sure we'd have all the docs by then - we requested, and received, an ...
- 20 Nov 2009, 02:23
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11888
Re: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
Thank you, Bette. That's a good idea.
- 19 Nov 2009, 22:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11888
Re: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
Thanks.
I'm going to go ahead and send a new request (even though I've already got an outstanding re-request).
Grazie
I'm going to go ahead and send a new request (even though I've already got an outstanding re-request).
Grazie
- 19 Nov 2009, 15:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11888
Re: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
I've seen that manifest also. But I think that's in error. Who knows.
I have her naturalization papers from NARA.
Her certificate of arrival that is part of the NARA bundle shows that she arrived on the SS America at age 20 in 1914. Which matches the link you posted.
But her petition for ...
I have her naturalization papers from NARA.
Her certificate of arrival that is part of the NARA bundle shows that she arrived on the SS America at age 20 in 1914. Which matches the link you posted.
But her petition for ...
- 19 Nov 2009, 02:38
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11888
Re: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
Well... That was a bust.
I got the FOIA response on the SS App. She filled it out with her name as her mother's name and her husband's name as her father's name. I think the odds are slim that Sebastiana Guarerra, who married Lucio Rodolico, had parents named Sebastiana Guarerra and Lucio Rodolico ...
I got the FOIA response on the SS App. She filled it out with her name as her mother's name and her husband's name as her father's name. I think the odds are slim that Sebastiana Guarerra, who married Lucio Rodolico, had parents named Sebastiana Guarerra and Lucio Rodolico ...
- 10 Nov 2009, 21:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate
- Replies: 18
- Views: 15821
Re: ordering deceased parent's birth certificate
what is a with letter of exemplification??
If it's like the Philadelphia marriage certificates - you need the letter of exemplification in order to get it apostilled. Certified copy may not be good enough.
I can't speak specifically to NY docs - but my husband's parents' marriage cert came from ...
If it's like the Philadelphia marriage certificates - you need the letter of exemplification in order to get it apostilled. Certified copy may not be good enough.
I can't speak specifically to NY docs - but my husband's parents' marriage cert came from ...
- 03 Nov 2009, 00:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11888
Re: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
I will try the SS forms. That seems like a great option.
She lived in Philadelphia - but like many folks in Philly - she summered at the Jersey shore. She passed away during the summer, at their bungalow in North Wildwood, NJ.
Yes, NJ is a very unfriendly document state from my limited experience ...
She lived in Philadelphia - but like many folks in Philly - she summered at the Jersey shore. She passed away during the summer, at their bungalow in North Wildwood, NJ.
Yes, NJ is a very unfriendly document state from my limited experience ...
- 02 Nov 2009, 19:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need help getting grandmother's parents names
- Replies: 14
- Views: 11888
Need help getting grandmother's parents names
My husband's grandparents all emigrated from Sicily. I've had decent luck getting the grandfathers (parternal and maternal) birth certs from their comuni in Sicily. I was also able to get some information on the maternal grandmother's parents.
I have hit a roadblock getting more information about ...
I have hit a roadblock getting more information about ...