A "Draft dodger"? Yeah, then it doesn't make much sense, I agree !
But then the person right above him, mr Emilio Panaro, looks like being a "renitente" right from the start!
And there's, what looks like, a big crossed out "R" in the right hand column (the R for Renitente???)
Maybe "Renitenza ...
Search found 10 matches
- 27 Nov 2009, 20:26
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Registro di Leva
- Replies: 19
- Views: 23104
- 27 Nov 2009, 17:29
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Registro di Leva
- Replies: 19
- Views: 23104
Re: Registro di Leva
Just a thought : could the word below the 1916 date perhaps be "Renitenza", written in an almost illegible hand ????
Don't know the meaning or implications of the word, but it's also printed in the column-header, so, maybe ?
Don't know the meaning or implications of the word, but it's also printed in the column-header, so, maybe ?
- 24 Nov 2009, 22:31
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: How do you open a .ged file?
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7225
Re: How do you open a .ged file?
"GEDCOM, an acronym for GEnealogical Data COMmunication, is a de facto specification for exchanging genealogical data between different genealogy software. " (from wikipedia)
Download the free PAF ("Personal Ancestral File") program from :
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp (the link is on ...
Download the free PAF ("Personal Ancestral File") program from :
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/default.asp (the link is on ...
- 16 Nov 2009, 01:13
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Archivio di Stato di Firenze
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7581
Re: Archivio di Stato di Firenze
"....in view of it renaissance implications." Eww, now thát sounds ominous! ;-)
Will keep you all advised of my progress in tracking down my long-lost ancestors.
Don't expect an answer soon though, so makes yourselves comfortable.
I have a feeling it's gonna be a long-haul flight this one ...
Will keep you all advised of my progress in tracking down my long-lost ancestors.
Don't expect an answer soon though, so makes yourselves comfortable.
I have a feeling it's gonna be a long-haul flight this one ...
- 13 Nov 2009, 20:00
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Archivio di Stato di Firenze
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7581
Re: Archivio di Stato di Firenze
Only 111 ? Oh, now that narrows it down quite considerably ! ;-)
I have no clue whatsoever to what parish my ancestors belonged : the DaLutiano's lived on Via Cavour, nextdoor to the Medici's, and the San Lorenzo was their church (many of them were baptised & buried there); the DelTovaglia's were ...
I have no clue whatsoever to what parish my ancestors belonged : the DaLutiano's lived on Via Cavour, nextdoor to the Medici's, and the San Lorenzo was their church (many of them were baptised & buried there); the DelTovaglia's were ...
- 11 Nov 2009, 21:27
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Archivio di Stato di Firenze
- Replies: 6
- Views: 7581
Archivio di Stato di Firenze
A question about the Archivio di Stato di Firenze, the answer to which I cannot seem to find on their website (and if the answer is there it's lost in a barrage of Italian, with the "English version not available" I'm afraid...):
Do they have the marriage records for the 15th and 16th century ?
I ...
Do they have the marriage records for the 15th and 16th century ?
I ...
- 10 Nov 2009, 20:36
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pitti family in 15th century Florence
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12398
Re: Pitti family in 15th century Florence
Well, after some relentless searching the Internet finally gave in and supplied me with a Google books link to the “Cronica di Buonaccorso Pittiâ€
- 07 Nov 2009, 23:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Florence baptism registers 15th century
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3889
Florence baptism registers 15th century
Hi all, hope someone can help me with this enigma :
It concerns baptism registers of Florence in the 15th century, in this case the one for 16th December 1465 :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/jwinth/1465Firnze16decFrancescodiPierodiLa.jpg
On the 4th line it says :
"Francesco et ...
It concerns baptism registers of Florence in the 15th century, in this case the one for 16th December 1465 :
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/jwinth/1465Firnze16decFrancescodiPierodiLa.jpg
On the 4th line it says :
"Francesco et ...
- 07 Nov 2009, 23:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pitti family in 15th century Florence
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12398
Re: Pitti family in 15th century Florence
Peter, thank you for that link. I'll be sure to check with them.
The Pitti-link is the "final" blank branch in my (huge) family-tree, and it's a bit annoying (to say the least!) that I can't seem to find any info on this family.
Volumes have been written about Lucca Pitti and Buonocorso (sp?) Pitti ...
The Pitti-link is the "final" blank branch in my (huge) family-tree, and it's a bit annoying (to say the least!) that I can't seem to find any info on this family.
Volumes have been written about Lucca Pitti and Buonocorso (sp?) Pitti ...
- 07 Nov 2009, 15:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pitti family in 15th century Florence
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12398
Pitti family in 15th century Florence
New to this forum, and I have a question already!
I'm looking for ancestors in Renaissance Florence, I found most of them but some have managed to elude me:
Francesco di Piero di Lapo del Tovaglia, born abt 1460 in Florence, married twice :
1) Caterina di Mariotto di Piero Rucellai , her father ...
I'm looking for ancestors in Renaissance Florence, I found most of them but some have managed to elude me:
Francesco di Piero di Lapo del Tovaglia, born abt 1460 in Florence, married twice :
1) Caterina di Mariotto di Piero Rucellai , her father ...