Search found 6 matches
- 22 Nov 2009, 13:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Meaning of Granaglie in Mazzaschi
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5961
Re: Meaning of Granaglie in Mazzaschi
Actually, the source I used is a compilation by Piero Fanfani called Il Borghini subtitled "Giornale di Filologia e di Lettere Italiane" from 1863. Apparently it formed part of 'La Civilta Cattolica'. The version of La Civilta that appears on Archive.org is dated 1865 and perhaps came through an ...
- 22 Nov 2009, 12:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Unresponsive commune
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7632
Re: Unresponsive commune
I have a question-I have sent two requests to the birth and marriage records office in Montemesola and it has been over 1 month with no response. I have typed out a letter in Italian with my request with names of my GGF and GGM (maiden name) along with approx. birth dates and location of their ...
- 21 Nov 2009, 21:19
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Unresponsive commune
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7632
Re: Unresponsive commune
I checked the two birth certificates I've gotten and you have it covered. The only thing additional might be the location name (frazione) if you have anything different or in addition to the comune name. Good luck with it.
- 21 Nov 2009, 20:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Meaning of Granaglie in Mazzaschi
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5961
Meaning of Granaglie in Mazzaschi
My surname is Mazzaschi which is a fairly uncommon name.
I had always assumed it was a placename, especially since there's such a frazione in the Province of Parma. However, I just came accross a reference to 'Granaglie in Mazzaschi' in a book from 1863. The author is Tuscan and is listing all the ...
I had always assumed it was a placename, especially since there's such a frazione in the Province of Parma. However, I just came accross a reference to 'Granaglie in Mazzaschi' in a book from 1863. The author is Tuscan and is listing all the ...
- 21 Nov 2009, 18:07
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Found Records of Novara births 1820-1869
- Replies: 3
- Views: 7106
Re: Found Records of Novara births 1820-1869
Those are wonderful. I wish my ancesters were from there. There is a wonderful book that is set around Novara and involves an orphan girl and the the Diocese of Novara as well. I see that it has been translated into English: Chimera (Title)
~ Sebastiano Vassalli (Author).
Can you suggest ways of ...
~ Sebastiano Vassalli (Author).
Can you suggest ways of ...
- 21 Nov 2009, 17:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Unresponsive commune
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7632
Re: Unresponsive commune
Be sure to include as much relevant information as you can. I had emailed the comune of my grandmother and I found later that the clerk hadn't responded because he need to do a manual search due to inadequate info and a duplicate name. Thus I ended up in the to-be-researched pile. When I gave a ...