Search found 8 matches
- 14 Apr 2011, 21:22
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Dragoni Vital Records after 1929
- Replies: 5
- Views: 3532
Dragoni Vital Records after 1929
My ancestors Antonio Fabrizio and his wife Filomena D'Agostino lived in Dragoni, Italy. I believe that they died there after 1929, but I am unsure of the dates. I don't believe that they were from Dragoni, as I have been unable to locate birth or marriage records for either of them. They are my ...
- 12 Mar 2010, 03:10
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: "sua leggittimo molie"
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9296
Re: "sua leggittimo molie"
Tomasso-
Thank you for the offer to check the Dragoni records for me. I actually have some of the records on temporary loan myself - but I realized recently that I may have missed a few when ordering. I am headed to the library again on Tuesday, and I may take you up on your offer when I figure out ...
Thank you for the offer to check the Dragoni records for me. I actually have some of the records on temporary loan myself - but I realized recently that I may have missed a few when ordering. I am headed to the library again on Tuesday, and I may take you up on your offer when I figure out ...
- 09 Mar 2010, 00:11
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: "sua leggittimo molie"
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9296
Re: "sua leggittimo molie"
Thank you Elba. I guess I will have to look for the marriage record in another city, because it certainly wasn't in Dragoni!
- 08 Mar 2010, 13:23
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: "sua leggittimo molie"
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9296
Re: "sua leggittimo molie"
Thank you for the input. I wonder whether the church would have a record of the marriage? Has anyone had any luck with church records? I am new to Italian genealogy and my experience is limited to the LDS microfilmed records for the villages themselves. How would I go about accessing church records ...
- 08 Mar 2010, 02:40
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: "sua leggittimo molie"
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9296
"sua leggittimo molie"
I may be grasping at straws here, but I am hoping someone has better knowledge of the intricacies of the Italian language than I do.
I am having a difficult time finding a marriage record for my gggrandparents Antonio Fabrizio and Filomena D'Agostino of Dragoni.
Their first child was born in 1884 ...
I am having a difficult time finding a marriage record for my gggrandparents Antonio Fabrizio and Filomena D'Agostino of Dragoni.
Their first child was born in 1884 ...
- 06 Jan 2010, 20:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Madia's of Catanzaro
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8532
Re: Madia's of Catanzaro
My great grandfather actually took his mother's maiden name - which was Madia. I do not know his father's name, which is why I am searching for his birth certificate. I believe he was born out of wedlock. His mother's name was Anna Madia. They initially settled in Pittsburgh, PA. Anna had siblings ...
- 23 Dec 2009, 01:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Madia's of Catanzaro
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8532
Re: Madia's of Catanzaro
Thanks for the advice. I had seen that the Fossato records existed, but it looked like they only existed for the years 1809-1871. I didn't bother to click through to view the film notes. I read your note, went back to the site, and lo and behold there they were! If only the FHC weren't closed until ...
- 23 Dec 2009, 00:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Madia's of Catanzaro
- Replies: 8
- Views: 8532
Madia's of Catanzaro
I am hoping someone can help tell me where to locate a birth certificate for my great grandfather Domenico Madia. He was born in 1889 or 1890. I believe he was born in Savuci, which is a small village near Sorbo San Basile, Fossato Serralta and Sellia in Catanzaro. Savuci seems to be a ghost town ...