Greetings,
I've collected all the necessary documents to provide to the Italian consulate in Chicago. Also, the proper documents have apostilles. The brick wall I've run into is some spelling discrepancies. The last name is Miniello, but several documents have spellings ranging from: Minniello to ...
Search found 18 matches
- 28 Dec 2010, 20:48
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Making Changes to Discrepancies
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1766
- 19 Jun 2010, 13:56
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Court approved birth certificate for deceased individual?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3033
Re: Court approved birth certificate for deceased individual
My Grandmother is in the direct line of Italian citizenship. For whatever reason Vital Statistics cannot find her documents.
Great Great Grandfather (Italy) -> Great Grandfather (USA) -> Grandmother (USA) -> Father (USA) -> Me (USA)
The consulate I'd be applying to is Chicago.
Do you know of ...
Great Great Grandfather (Italy) -> Great Grandfather (USA) -> Grandmother (USA) -> Father (USA) -> Me (USA)
The consulate I'd be applying to is Chicago.
Do you know of ...
- 19 Jun 2010, 13:39
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Court approved birth certificate for deceased individual?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3033
Court approved birth certificate for deceased individual?
Hello everyone,
I've been pursuing the Italian dual citizenship since January. I currently have all of my documents bar one. For whatever reason the Vital Records office in the city and the state cannot find my Grandmother's birth certificate. I have made requests to the local Diocese for her ...
I've been pursuing the Italian dual citizenship since January. I currently have all of my documents bar one. For whatever reason the Vital Records office in the city and the state cannot find my Grandmother's birth certificate. I have made requests to the local Diocese for her ...
- 20 Mar 2010, 18:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Amending an Error
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2333
Amending an Error
Hey everyone,
I recently received my great grandparents' marriage certificate in the mail. Unfortunately, the last name of my great grandmother's last name is incorrect. In fact, it's not even very close Rutherford vs Redford. She is outside of the italian lineage, but this is an important ...
I recently received my great grandparents' marriage certificate in the mail. Unfortunately, the last name of my great grandmother's last name is incorrect. In fact, it's not even very close Rutherford vs Redford. She is outside of the italian lineage, but this is an important ...
- 06 Mar 2010, 00:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Marriage Certif-uh-oh . . .
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2369
Re: Marriage Certif-uh-oh . . .
I'll being going through the Chicago consulate.
- 05 Mar 2010, 22:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Marriage Certif-uh-oh . . .
- Replies: 2
- Views: 2369
Marriage Certif-uh-oh . . .
Hello Everyone,
I'm in the drawn out process of waiting for all of my letters to reach their destinations and be spun through the wheels of bureaucracy. I recently received the marriage certificate for my great grandfather, who is the son of my great great grandfather, the man who originally came ...
I'm in the drawn out process of waiting for all of my letters to reach their destinations and be spun through the wheels of bureaucracy. I recently received the marriage certificate for my great grandfather, who is the son of my great great grandfather, the man who originally came ...
- 31 Jan 2010, 20:55
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can I get this an apostille?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6091
Re: Can I get this an apostille?
I've attached a scanned copy of the paperwork I received from the Cuyahoga County Archives. As you can see there is no name under the Child's name, though it has in parathenses (if any has been given). The name of the parents, dob, sex and other info is there.
- 30 Jan 2010, 19:07
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can I get this an apostille?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6091
Re: Can I get this an apostille?
It is the state of Ohio. In fact, after I had already posted I looked closer at the copy and it doesn't have my Great Grandfather's name, apparently they hadn't decided on a name at the time of filling out the paperwork. Nonetheless, it does have both of their names and the date of birth along with ...
- 27 Jan 2010, 00:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Can I get this an apostille?
- Replies: 8
- Views: 6091
Can I get this an apostille?
I just received a photocopy of a record from the County Archives of my Great Grandfather's birth. This is the only thing I have stating my great grandfather's birth. Does anyone know whether it would be possible to get an apostille on this and use it as evidence for my great grandfather's birth ...
- 14 Jan 2010, 15:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: NARA NonExistence Website?! Where?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6257
Re: NARA NonExistence Website?! Where?
That's great! Thank you so much.
- 13 Jan 2010, 16:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Evidence enough for the consulate?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2409
Evidence enough for the consulate?
My GG Grandfather had his son, my great grandfather, in 1904. He filled out a naturalization application in 1940, which I have a copy of from USCIS, though he never completed the naturalization process before his death. Is this proof enough for the Chicago consulate that he was not naturalized ...
- 13 Jan 2010, 15:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: NARA NonExistence Website?! Where?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6257
Re: NARA NonExistence Website?! Where?
Thanks for your answers everyone. I have completed the USCIS index search and received the naturalization application my GGGF filled out crica 1940. However, the naturalization was never completed by my GGGF, so I don't have any other documents except the application. He died a few years later ...
- 13 Jan 2010, 15:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: NARA NonExistence Website?! Where?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6257
NARA NonExistence Website?! Where?
I made a request from NARA to undergo a search for my GG Grandfather's naturalization records. They didn't come up with anything. I've searched through the NARA website, but have been unable to find any information on ordering a Certificate of Nonexistence of a Record. I'm assuming it goes by the ...
- 11 Jan 2010, 17:23
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Multiple ppl appointment - Proof of Residency - affidavits?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5502
Re: Multiple ppl appointment - Proof of Residency - affidavi
Two part question:
Part 1:
I have a question about applying with multiple family members at the same time. I read that it is possible, just didn't know how to go about it. After the holiday I will try to set up an appointment in Boston for myself, my brother and my sister. I am wondering if ALL ...
Part 1:
I have a question about applying with multiple family members at the same time. I read that it is possible, just didn't know how to go about it. After the holiday I will try to set up an appointment in Boston for myself, my brother and my sister. I am wondering if ALL ...
- 11 Jan 2010, 17:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: USCIS Document Found; No Naturalization
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4003
USCIS Document Found; No Naturalization
I did an index search through USCIS and then ordered the documents they found. According to the documents I have, my GGGF never naturalized, though he filled out the paperwork in the early 40s, most likely because of World War II. Is having paperwork from USCIS showing he did not naturalize proof ...