I am looking for an interpreter in Italy in the Salerno area.
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced service?
Thank you
Frank
Search found 18 matches
- 31 Aug 2017, 19:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Wanted: Italy onsite interpreter
- Replies: 1
- Views: 731
- 08 Feb 2010, 01:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Not sure how to start
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4614
Re: Not sure how to start
Thanks Leanne!
Hi There,
I've just had a look at our National Archives and there are quite a few Ferrier's.
Copy and paste Link below into your search engine;
http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/Items_listing.asp?S=1&F=1&O=0&T=I&C=542
To access information you need to register (for free) with the ...
Hi There,
I've just had a look at our National Archives and there are quite a few Ferrier's.
Copy and paste Link below into your search engine;
http://naa12.naa.gov.au/scripts/Items_listing.asp?S=1&F=1&O=0&T=I&C=542
To access information you need to register (for free) with the ...
- 05 Feb 2010, 13:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Not sure how to start
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4614
Re: Not sure how to start
Thanks - first link doesn't work
2nd link - is there a way to search the ship lists or is that what is done for me already in the passenger lists tab on that site. If so, no Ferrier's
Go to www.welcomewalls.museum.wa.gov/albany_research.asp
Since they records go back to the 1700's youmight also ...
2nd link - is there a way to search the ship lists or is that what is done for me already in the passenger lists tab on that site. If so, no Ferrier's
Go to www.welcomewalls.museum.wa.gov/albany_research.asp
Since they records go back to the 1700's youmight also ...
- 05 Feb 2010, 13:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Not sure how to start
- Replies: 4
- Views: 4614
Not sure how to start
Supposedly I have distant relatives in Australia probably going back to a branch in the 1700's from England.
The surname is Ferrier and there are a number of Ferrier's in Australia including a past famous golfer.
I am somewhat new to genealogy research and was hoping to get some advise on going ...
The surname is Ferrier and there are a number of Ferrier's in Australia including a past famous golfer.
I am somewhat new to genealogy research and was hoping to get some advise on going ...
- 04 Feb 2010, 08:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
Yes, that all fits and accounts for all of them. Two came over with their father in 1889 and the other three with mom in 1890. Perfect!
Another interesting arrival manifest:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Calogero Goardino Carsera
Name: Calogero Goardino Carsera Calogera Guardino ...
Another interesting arrival manifest:
New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
about Calogero Goardino Carsera
Name: Calogero Goardino Carsera Calogera Guardino ...
- 04 Feb 2010, 08:23
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
Laura
Thanks again. I had the census but not the passport info. The Fulton site is really cool. I found some interesting items already.
Frank
some other documents from <a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a>:
1910 United States Federal Census ...
Thanks again. I had the census but not the passport info. The Fulton site is really cool. I found some interesting items already.
Frank
some other documents from <a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a>:
1910 United States Federal Census ...
- 04 Feb 2010, 08:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
Wow! Yes Caterina had a brother Stephen, and sisters Marietta, Calogera and Giuseppina. I never knew Stephens birth date but 1878 would fit. This gives us Calogera's birth date as 1849 and while that would fit better with Caterina's, it messes up my supposed knowledge of Colageras mother (Caterina ...
- 04 Feb 2010, 07:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
Yes, I agree, I saw that also. All I can say is that the facts are still emerging. LOL, it sure makes it interesting until everything ties out!
Colagera Curreri-Guardino was born 2 DEC 1864 .
But, if Calogera was Caterina's mother and Caterina was born on 1873, it's impossible that Calogera was 9 ...
Colagera Curreri-Guardino was born 2 DEC 1864 .
But, if Calogera was Caterina's mother and Caterina was born on 1873, it's impossible that Calogera was 9 ...
- 04 Feb 2010, 07:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
Thanks - now that I have a little more definitive info about her birth year and children, this first entry from the 1900 US Census is her and family. The ship manifests below don't quite work out. Colagera Curreri-Guardino was born 2 DEC 1864.
Thanks again - great work
Frank
Just for references ...
Thanks again - great work
Frank
Just for references ...
- 19 Jan 2010, 16:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
Peter
Thanks - I have already gone though everything I think possible on this site that is free search. That is how I found my maternal great grandfather and mothers marriage certificate in Manhattan in 1892!
The sites that have proved most useful are ancestry.com, the LDS site, the Ellis Island ...
Thanks - I have already gone though everything I think possible on this site that is free search. That is how I found my maternal great grandfather and mothers marriage certificate in Manhattan in 1892!
The sites that have proved most useful are ancestry.com, the LDS site, the Ellis Island ...
- 18 Jan 2010, 19:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
Thanks I had seen that one and that is not her. She will be abt 19 years old arriving in 1890. From all that I can find, it looks like she came over alone.
Caterina Guardino
Born: Dec 8, 1871 - most likely Sciacca, Italy (Sicily)
Died: Mar 14, 1951 - NY
I reviewed all I know about her with my ...
Caterina Guardino
Born: Dec 8, 1871 - most likely Sciacca, Italy (Sicily)
Died: Mar 14, 1951 - NY
I reviewed all I know about her with my ...
- 17 Jan 2010, 16:59
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
Wow!
Thank you - that is them. I wish I could find evidence of Caterina Guardino coming to the states. I have the passenger list for Diego but am having a hard time finding the list for Caterina.
Thanks again!
all the best
Frank
Thank you - that is them. I wish I could find evidence of Caterina Guardino coming to the states. I have the passenger list for Diego but am having a hard time finding the list for Caterina.
Thanks again!
all the best
Frank
- 16 Jan 2010, 22:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
Yes Valerie
This is correct although not all the info on it is correct.
Silvio did not come over on in Aug 1888 - he came over in 1890 on the Nuestria. And Silvio did not stay consecutively from then until dec 1901 - he came back from Italy in sept 1899 on the Lombardia. Otherwise everything else ...
This is correct although not all the info on it is correct.
Silvio did not come over on in Aug 1888 - he came over in 1890 on the Nuestria. And Silvio did not stay consecutively from then until dec 1901 - he came back from Italy in sept 1899 on the Lombardia. Otherwise everything else ...
- 13 Jan 2010, 19:29
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
removed
- 13 Jan 2010, 19:04
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help finding Ship Manifest
- Replies: 25
- Views: 22496
Re: Help finding Ship Manifest
carinthiangirl,
Thanks
I have already reviewed all those Caterina's - not her.
Frank
Thanks
I have already reviewed all those Caterina's - not her.
Frank