Search found 11 matches
- 29 Jul 2011, 21:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Apostilles for letters of No Record?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 872
Re: Apostilles for letters of No Record?
I recently obtained my dual citizenship. I had a few No Record letters from local courts and other sources. I had several meetings with the Italian Consulate in Boston. Each time he would review the information and send me back to obtain more documents. Once I had all my records he chose the ...
- 06 Feb 2010, 14:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7261
Re: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
Thanks, Johnny. I am positive I have the correct Antonio Pasquantonio and I wish I had a $1.00 for every Antonio Pasquantonio born in Ofena!
I think my best approach is to wait for my third "no record" letter from USCIS. This time I've asked them to specifically address the A file. I will have to ...
I think my best approach is to wait for my third "no record" letter from USCIS. This time I've asked them to specifically address the A file. I will have to ...
- 05 Feb 2010, 22:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/28/20
- Replies: 71
- Views: 47466
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Thanks so much. This is good information.
- 05 Feb 2010, 21:14
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7261
Re: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
He lived in NYC for a very short time and then came north to Franklin, MA where he remained until he died. The first census, 1910 shows him as an AL. In subsequent census' he is listed as PA. He did file his Dec of Intent in 1921 but there is no record of naturalization or alien registration post ...
- 05 Feb 2010, 21:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7261
Re: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
Yes, that is him. All agencies I've contacted today point to the Alien Registrations being at the USCIS which I have gone to twice with 2 "no record" letters and now the consulate has asked me to go and ask them again! As you know, the wait each time is 3-4 months if I'm lucky.
Any suggestions from ...
Any suggestions from ...
- 05 Feb 2010, 20:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/28/20
- Replies: 71
- Views: 47466
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Mule,
One question, you stated that you had the NARA "no record" information and the census records. Did you just bring copies of the census records off the internet or did you get them certified from town/city hall? And the NARA "no record" was that a certified copy or just off the internet ...
One question, you stated that you had the NARA "no record" information and the census records. Did you just bring copies of the census records off the internet or did you get them certified from town/city hall? And the NARA "no record" was that a certified copy or just off the internet ...
- 05 Feb 2010, 20:50
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/28/20
- Replies: 71
- Views: 47466
Re: Ready to file in Boston
I had the wrong format local birth, marriage and death certificates that was able to get easily. I think I'll probably need to get some name corrections too as well as the apostilles but I have to go back to him first so he can look at all the new certificates.
I enjoyed my visit and so far am not ...
I enjoyed my visit and so far am not ...
- 05 Feb 2010, 20:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7261
Re: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
Thank you, Peter. You and I "spoke" a few years ago when I was in search of my grandmother's (Valentina Moscone) brother (Giovanni Moscone). You gave me some information I did not have. I ended up finding him by making some phone calls to distant relatives in the US and then found his granddaughter ...
- 05 Feb 2010, 20:09
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7261
Re: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
My grandfather was Antonio Pasquantonio, born 1 May 1874, (some papers have his birthdate as 12 May 1874. He arrived in NY on 5 May 1901.
Thanks for your interest.
Thanks for your interest.
- 05 Feb 2010, 16:10
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
- Replies: 13
- Views: 7261
Alien Registration Cards 1940-1944-Massachusetts
I've had so many agencies tell me stories about these that I don't know who is right.
The Norfolk County Court in Dedham told me they "were shipped to the Mormans!" In checking the records of the LDS it appears the Norfolk County AR records are not there...perhaps not input yet?
I have two letters ...
The Norfolk County Court in Dedham told me they "were shipped to the Mormans!" In checking the records of the LDS it appears the Norfolk County AR records are not there...perhaps not input yet?
I have two letters ...
- 05 Feb 2010, 16:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Ready to file in Boston -> Application Submitted 10/28/20
- Replies: 71
- Views: 47466
Re: Ready to file in Boston
Ah yes, Boston. I have been once and also had some discrepancies that although anxious to get this done I understood the reason. I was pleased with my visit and we laughed over my grandfather's apparent lack to register as an alien. That is my only hold up at this point.
I have a "no record" from ...
I have a "no record" from ...