It used to be suggested by the mormon people some years ago that a donation of(US) $15.00 to a parish priest for document extract was the norm but of late the more accepted figure is about 15Euro. =Peter=
Oh, alright, sounds sensible... I was afriaid of something based on a "per hour" labour cost ...
Search found 9 matches
- 26 Feb 2010, 18:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
- Replies: 19
- Views: 11922
- 26 Feb 2010, 17:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
- Replies: 19
- Views: 11922
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
I am fascinated by your stone avatar. Might we know its significance? =Peter=
Oh, thanks. It is something I threw here quickly: given my nickname and the fact that this is an Italian genalogy forum I more or less mixed the two and searched from something related to the Legio VII Gemina , aka the ...
Oh, thanks. It is something I threw here quickly: given my nickname and the fact that this is an Italian genalogy forum I more or less mixed the two and searched from something related to the Legio VII Gemina , aka the ...
- 26 Feb 2010, 17:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
- Replies: 19
- Views: 11922
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
I would say at the parish level its an iffy thing but I purposefully directed you up the ladder so that it increases the chance that your reply willbe reponsive,particularly since the San Gerardo parish may be without resident priest and perhaps even the records were transferred elsewhere.
You ...
You ...
- 26 Feb 2010, 17:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
- Replies: 19
- Views: 11922
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
If you wish to contact the Vicar General for the churches and that of San Gerardo in Potenza you can contact him at his e-mail address:
Donvitotelesca@virgilio.it
=Peter=
Many thanks. Do you have any personal experience with this sort of contacts? Are the recipients in general helpful and ...
Donvitotelesca@virgilio.it
=Peter=
Many thanks. Do you have any personal experience with this sort of contacts? Are the recipients in general helpful and ...
- 26 Feb 2010, 17:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
- Replies: 19
- Views: 11922
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
You are absolutely correct. It is lucky that the church records of San Gerardo are available until 1872, since your ggm was born in 1867. :lol: Do you have a Family History Center or a Mormon Church anywhere near you?
Yes, I have... however I'm not that lucky: the 1872 is the extreme date for the ...
Yes, I have... however I'm not that lucky: the 1872 is the extreme date for the ...
- 26 Feb 2010, 16:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
- Replies: 19
- Views: 11922
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
Hi Peter,
Dedar Celtiberian your probably on the right track with this. Go to www.parrocchie.it and put in Potenza in the upper right and up will come 22 parish churches with San Gerardo one of them located in Potenza but since it lacks a telephone number it may not house a resident priest ...
Dedar Celtiberian your probably on the right track with this. Go to www.parrocchie.it and put in Potenza in the upper right and up will come 22 parish churches with San Gerardo one of them located in Potenza but since it lacks a telephone number it may not house a resident priest ...
- 26 Feb 2010, 16:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
- Replies: 19
- Views: 11922
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
Hello,
Thanks for your help.
The surname Cardinale is quite common in Potenza.
Yes, this one is pretty simple, most people associate it with Italy easily enough.
The other name Frimen does not exist. However, there are a number of names that begin Trim . It is possible that the first letter ...
Thanks for your help.
The surname Cardinale is quite common in Potenza.
Yes, this one is pretty simple, most people associate it with Italy easily enough.
The other name Frimen does not exist. However, there are a number of names that begin Trim . It is possible that the first letter ...
- 26 Feb 2010, 16:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
- Replies: 19
- Views: 11922
Re: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
Hi,
Many thanks for you comments.
San Gerardo in Potenza province is not a town nor a village by name of San Gerardo.
San Gerardo is a patron Saint the name of streets, schools but not much elkse. There is no "frazione" or neighborhood called San Gerardo amongst the different towns and villages ...
Many thanks for you comments.
San Gerardo in Potenza province is not a town nor a village by name of San Gerardo.
San Gerardo is a patron Saint the name of streets, schools but not much elkse. There is no "frazione" or neighborhood called San Gerardo amongst the different towns and villages ...
- 26 Feb 2010, 01:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
- Replies: 19
- Views: 11922
Pinpointing location (San Gerardo, Potenza) and surname
Ciao a tutti,
I am beginning to follow up on an Italian family line (great-grandmother, born ~1867), and I have some smallish (or so I think) doubts that I'm confident will find an answer.
First, the location: in the Portuguese language baptism certificate of her son (plus in her marriage ...
I am beginning to follow up on an Italian family line (great-grandmother, born ~1867), and I have some smallish (or so I think) doubts that I'm confident will find an answer.
First, the location: in the Portuguese language baptism certificate of her son (plus in her marriage ...