any good suggestions on best way to go from Naples to Morra de Sanctis?
I don't see any train lines going into Morra de Sanctis - THANK SO MUCH!!
Search found 16 matches
- 13 May 2010, 15:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
- 10 May 2010, 04:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
Thanks once againlilbees wrote:Hi, I have not had to pay for documents from the comune. If you send to the Archives for a copy they usually charge about 6 euro which covers postage and copying costs.
lilbees
- 09 May 2010, 16:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
[quote="lilbees"]The mailing address for the comune is:
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Roccapiemonte
84086 ROCCAPIEMONTE SA
ITALY
They tend to be rather slow in responding. They have confirmed to me they hold the records from 1866 to present.
Hi Lilbees:
Thanks for much for the information ...
Ufficio dello Stato Civile
Comune di Roccapiemonte
84086 ROCCAPIEMONTE SA
ITALY
They tend to be rather slow in responding. They have confirmed to me they hold the records from 1866 to present.
Hi Lilbees:
Thanks for much for the information ...
- 07 May 2010, 05:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
Dear JRescigno, can you tell me if you know the approx. birthdate of Marco or the names of his parents? Are you sure he is from Avellino?
I have a listing for a Marco Rescigno b. 1865.
lilbees
Hi Lilbees:
I just found an envelope with some family history - unbelievable after all this time-
My ...
I have a listing for a Marco Rescigno b. 1865.
lilbees
Hi Lilbees:
I just found an envelope with some family history - unbelievable after all this time-
My ...
- 07 May 2010, 05:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
Hi lilbees:
I understand my Grandfather, Marco Rescigno, was from Morra Irpino, later named Morra de Sanctis....born either 1864 or 1865....
Any information you may have is certainly appreciated!
Thanks.
Joyce
I understand my Grandfather, Marco Rescigno, was from Morra Irpino, later named Morra de Sanctis....born either 1864 or 1865....
Any information you may have is certainly appreciated!
Thanks.
Joyce
- 07 May 2010, 05:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
Dear JRescigno, can you tell me if you know the approx. birthdate of Marco or the names of his parents? Are you sure he is from Avellino?
I have a listing for a Marco Rescigno b. 1865.
lilbees
Hi -- Marco Rescigno's date of birth is either 1864 or 1865;
unfortunately, I don't know his parents ...
I have a listing for a Marco Rescigno b. 1865.
lilbees
Hi -- Marco Rescigno's date of birth is either 1864 or 1865;
unfortunately, I don't know his parents ...
- 03 May 2010, 22:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
Hi - I live in NY, USA and planning on visiting Italy in May - I'd love to know if there are any Rescigno's still residing in Avellino - My Grandparents, Marco and Lena Rescigno, arrived in the USA approximately 1898. Thanks for any info.
Hi --- if anyone out there would be able to tell me the ...
Hi --- if anyone out there would be able to tell me the ...
- 03 May 2010, 21:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Sucess with part of my family
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5121
Re: Sucess with part of my family
[quote="lilbees"]Italian Genealogy has been such a help in my search for my Rescigno family information without which I could never have found my way in doing this research or attempting to understand the Italian system. Also the suggestion for letter writing, the reference books which are so ...
- 03 May 2010, 21:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6869
Re: Mignone's of Morra Irpina Italy
[quote="andreafamily"]Here's what I know so far...
Francesco Mignone had a son, Gerard Mignone in 1898. Gerard left from Morra Irpina Italy on the Conte Rosso ship on Sept. 9, 1922 and arrived in N.Y.
Gerard son, Rudoph Mignone is my father.
Looking for the Italian roots.
Hi - It's Joyce Rescigno ...
Francesco Mignone had a son, Gerard Mignone in 1898. Gerard left from Morra Irpina Italy on the Conte Rosso ship on Sept. 9, 1922 and arrived in N.Y.
Gerard son, Rudoph Mignone is my father.
Looking for the Italian roots.
Hi - It's Joyce Rescigno ...
- 04 Mar 2010, 04:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
possible 1900 census for Marco living in Mount Vernon:
from <a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a>:
1900 United States Federal Census
about Marco Rescigno
Name: Marco Rescigno
[Marrie Rescigno]
Home in 1900: Mount Vernon Ward 5, Westchester ...
from <a href="http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a>:
1900 United States Federal Census
about Marco Rescigno
Name: Marco Rescigno
[Marrie Rescigno]
Home in 1900: Mount Vernon Ward 5, Westchester ...
- 04 Mar 2010, 04:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
My Grandparents, Marco and Lena Rescigno, arrived in the USA approximately 1898. Thanks for any info .
If this 1901 arrival manifest is correct for Marco's wife and children then their last place of residence in Italy was Morra Irpina, now Morra De Sanctis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morra_De ...
If this 1901 arrival manifest is correct for Marco's wife and children then their last place of residence in Italy was Morra Irpina, now Morra De Sanctis:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morra_De ...
- 04 Mar 2010, 04:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
Wow! You have (had) a very large Rescigno family. I believe I had counted at least 15 or 16 children. I do not personally have information for your family but there are many other family members doing research on your family. I think there are also several trees on Ancestry and many listings on ...
- 03 Mar 2010, 20:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
Thanks, Peter...I figured that....have a good day...PeterTimber wrote:E-mail addresses in Italy are hard to come-by and it depends upon the person. Directory assistancve is sparse! When you snail mail though that may open the door to people furnishing you with their personal e-mail address. =Peter=
- 03 Mar 2010, 05:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
Currently there are 9 persons residing in Avellino who are listed in the telephone directory with the RESCIGNO surname.
Go to www.paginebianche.it for the 9 lisitngs. (first line name, second line Avellino (this spelling covers only the City of Avellino but if you put inthe initials AV this will ...
Go to www.paginebianche.it for the 9 lisitngs. (first line name, second line Avellino (this spelling covers only the City of Avellino but if you put inthe initials AV this will ...
- 03 Mar 2010, 05:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Rescigno's in Avellino
- Replies: 24
- Views: 12966
Re: Rescigno's in Avellino
thanks - I've now checked some of the search engines - thanks so much for your responsiveness!wldspirit wrote:Have you placed your surname in our search engine at the top of the page?
We have a few members who are also researching the name Rescigno.
wldspirit