Nelson survived because my mother remembers him. The eleventh probably died in childhood.
Could Rosario be the proverbial fifth Beatle? Child 11?
I hav no idea about the marriage certs but will ask my mother. Chances are she'll not know as she was born in '39.
Living next door. That happened so ...
Search found 9 matches
- 22 Mar 2010, 13:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Joseph and Maria Masone
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5126
- 22 Mar 2010, 00:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Joseph and Maria Masone
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5126
Re: Joseph and Maria Masone
Thank you so much, Laura! I was wondering wherre that 1910 census got off to. 'Masal' would explain it.
Nelson has no Italian variant that I know of. Nelson is a variant of Neal, Nigel or Niles, all English, or should I say Anglo-Saxon.
I'm lucky in that my mother can name all ten siblings and ...
Nelson has no Italian variant that I know of. Nelson is a variant of Neal, Nigel or Niles, all English, or should I say Anglo-Saxon.
I'm lucky in that my mother can name all ten siblings and ...
- 20 Mar 2010, 21:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Joseph and Maria Masone
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5126
Re: Joseph and Maria Masone
Sorry! What was I thinking?
She helped me out a great deal. Thank you Pink67!
She helped me out a great deal. Thank you Pink67!
- 20 Mar 2010, 16:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Joseph and Maria Masone
- Replies: 8
- Views: 5126
Joseph and Maria Masone
Joe Masone was born it Italy in 1865. He emigrated, presumably with wife Mary and three children in 1890. They had seven children listed in the 1900 census. Joe was a barber. Joe and Maria married in Italy in 1887. Joe and Maria eventually had ten children, my Grandmother Edith Ida being one of them ...
- 16 Mar 2010, 13:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bona Vita of Corbara
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7078
Re: Bona Vita of Corbara
Thank you once more! I am overwhelmed. I am also looking into the origins of Bonavito and Abate. Maria was a given name to almost every one for several hundred years (in honor of the The Virgin Mary).
she was also pregnant on that ship. It was, i believe, with my Grandfather, Charles Bonavita ...
she was also pregnant on that ship. It was, i believe, with my Grandfather, Charles Bonavita ...
- 14 Mar 2010, 22:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bona Vita of Corbara
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7078
Re: Bona Vita of Corbara
Yeah, the Article had the wrong name. I've known newspapers covering the Community Theater get the facts horribly wrong, on a regular basis.
I believe that its Elizabeth. Thanks so much for all the research. That news site is really wild! It has articla after article about my Great ncle Joe ...
I believe that its Elizabeth. Thanks so much for all the research. That news site is really wild! It has articla after article about my Great ncle Joe ...
- 14 Mar 2010, 19:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bona Vita of Corbara
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7078
Re: Bona Vita of Corbara
Thank You so much!
My Great grand mother was an Abate? Sounds great to me! The woman in the article was Sadie Bonavita, but the addy is right. The age is wrong. I wonder if it was a sister. Joseph, who found the body, was my great Uncle and became the Bowery Bum's Santa. He'd give away money on ...
My Great grand mother was an Abate? Sounds great to me! The woman in the article was Sadie Bonavita, but the addy is right. The age is wrong. I wonder if it was a sister. Joseph, who found the body, was my great Uncle and became the Bowery Bum's Santa. He'd give away money on ...
- 13 Mar 2010, 20:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bona Vita of Corbara
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7078
Re: Bona Vita of Corbara
Thank you Pink, that was very nice of you and too quick! This one I have. Elizabeth 'Bettina' became a confectioner after Enrico went back to Italy and died. She operated a sundry store out of the family shoe shop Enrico had started downstairs.
I have to access, somehow, the church records of ...
I have to access, somehow, the church records of ...
- 13 Mar 2010, 18:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Bona Vita of Corbara
- Replies: 10
- Views: 7078
Bona Vita of Corbara
I am researching my Great Grandfather's family. Enrico Andrea Bona Vita left Corbara for the new world in 1898 and obtained citizenship in 1901. He returned to /italy in 1918 to help out the family during the war and died there.
He was marredi to Elizabeth 'Bettina.' They had numerous children ...
He was marredi to Elizabeth 'Bettina.' They had numerous children ...