Search found 6 matches
- 25 Jan 2019, 00:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
- Replies: 34
- Views: 114034
Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
For bevblues-I got away from this forum for quite awhile and just saw your posting. I remember the Main/Transit market very well. I think Frank was married to Dolly. If I remember what my Mom told me, their father Santo stay with my Grandfather and Grandmother when he came here about 17yrs old. I'm ...
- 31 Mar 2010, 14:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
- Replies: 34
- Views: 114034
Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
Hi
I asked my cousin in Cumia if the names were known to her and how you would go about finding any info. She replied they were not familiar to her, but she would get back to me. I thought she worked in the Messina clerk's office. I might be mistaken. I"ll ask my Denver cousin if he knows where she ...
I asked my cousin in Cumia if the names were known to her and how you would go about finding any info. She replied they were not familiar to her, but she would get back to me. I thought she worked in the Messina clerk's office. I might be mistaken. I"ll ask my Denver cousin if he knows where she ...
- 19 Mar 2010, 17:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
- Replies: 34
- Views: 114034
Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
I'm sorry I took so long. I just sent the email to Cumia. I'll let you know as soon as I get a response.
Pat
Pat
- 16 Mar 2010, 02:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
- Replies: 34
- Views: 114034
Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
The gentleman I wrote about before, who's 87, would have been my mother's 1st cousin. He has a daughter named Paola! She works in the clerks office in Messina and has been very helpful in obtaining records for us. My cousin is in contact with her constantly exhanging info. I'll ask him tomorrow to ...
- 16 Mar 2010, 01:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
- Replies: 34
- Views: 114034
Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
My grandparents came to America in 1906. They were born about 1875.
My cousin stopped a man on the road into Cumia and asked about the Morabitos. The man replied he was a Morabito, but not the one he was looking for. He then directed him to the correct family. There are so many! Where did your ...
My cousin stopped a man on the road into Cumia and asked about the Morabitos. The man replied he was a Morabito, but not the one he was looking for. He then directed him to the correct family. There are so many! Where did your ...
- 16 Mar 2010, 01:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
- Replies: 34
- Views: 114034
Re: Cumia Sicily Genealogy Research
My family is from Cumia Inferiore. The name is Morabito. My cousin was there a couple of years ago and found members of our family. He found my mother's cousin who is now 89yr. My grandmother's maiden name was Morabito and she married a Morabito. No relation. Apprently the majority of the residents ...