Yes, you're correct Carmine. My grandfather arrived in 1895 and my grandmotther Angelina arrived in 1900 with their son Francesco.
I have all the Census information. Actually, I corrected the information on the 1910 Census which listed the Gallo famiily as "Gall" in Conemaugh, Pa. where my ...
Search found 8 matches
- 22 Aug 2011, 06:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: IN SEARCH OF GALLO FAMILY FROM FALERNA, CALABERIA, ITALY
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8364
- 14 Aug 2011, 06:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Three Part Military Records Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3091
Re: Three Part Military Records Question
BTW - What year did tommaso state that he immigrated?
T.
See http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic16548.html
It says 1895. Still looking...
Hi,and thanks
Tommaso Folino Gallo stated on his Declaration of Intention document that he arrived
in the Port of NY on the ship Alesia on or ...
- 14 Aug 2011, 06:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Three Part Military Records Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3091
Re: Three Part Military Records Question
The Registro di Leva is only the conscription (draft) record which would indicate whether he presented himself for possible conscription at age 20 as was required by law and the results of his preliminary examination/draft status.
Other documents worth asking for (explained here https://wiki ...
Other documents worth asking for (explained here https://wiki ...
- 14 Aug 2011, 05:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Three Part Military Records Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3091
Re: Three Part Military Records Question
I would send what his on his birth record from Italy send a copy of the birth record with. Ask for Registro di leva from the state archives I would include 10 euro for costs
Archivio di Stato
Provincia di Catanzaro
Piazza Rosario 6
88100 Catanzaro (CZ)
Italy
Marty
Everyone seems to be in ...
Archivio di Stato
Provincia di Catanzaro
Piazza Rosario 6
88100 Catanzaro (CZ)
Italy
Marty
Everyone seems to be in ...
- 10 Aug 2011, 09:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Three Part Military Records Question
- Replies: 12
- Views: 3091
Three Part Military Records Question
Where do I request military records for Falerna, Catanzaro, Calabria, Italy?
The birthdate my grandfathers gives on his immigration papers is not the same
birthdate recorded on his birthcertificate in Italy. Which date should I use when
requesting military records. Also,his birth papers in Italy ...
The birthdate my grandfathers gives on his immigration papers is not the same
birthdate recorded on his birthcertificate in Italy. Which date should I use when
requesting military records. Also,his birth papers in Italy ...
- 24 Jun 2011, 10:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NEED HELP OBTAINING " DECLARATION OF INTENTION" DO
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1673
Re: NEED HELP OBTAINING " DECLARATION OF INTENTION"
Are any of these links helpful? I've found all of my ancestors citizenship papers at this site.
http://go.footnote.com/results.php?query=luigi+napolitano&vs=3&s_given-name=&s_surname=>eq_year=<eq_year=&s_place=
:lol: Thank's so much for directing me to Footnote.com. I immediatley found my ...
http://go.footnote.com/results.php?query=luigi+napolitano&vs=3&s_given-name=&s_surname=>eq_year=<eq_year=&s_place=
:lol: Thank's so much for directing me to Footnote.com. I immediatley found my ...
- 01 Dec 2010, 10:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NEED HELP OBTAINING " DECLARATION OF INTENTION" DO
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1673
NEED HELP OBTAINING " DECLARATION OF INTENTION" DO
We never new exactly where in Italy our grandfather Luigi Napolitano was born. We have just located his Certificate of Naturalization and with this document we hope to obtain his Declaration of Intention that will tell us where he was born and when he came to the U.S..
His Naturalization ...
His Naturalization ...
- 28 Apr 2010, 05:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: IN SEARCH OF GALLO FAMILY FROM FALERNA, CALABERIA, ITALY
- Replies: 4
- Views: 8364
IN SEARCH OF GALLO FAMILY FROM FALERNA, CALABERIA, ITALY
I am in search of relatives with the surname " GALLO " from Falerna, Calaberia, Italy. My grandfather, Tommaso Folino Gallo immigerated to America in 1895 on the ship Alesia from Falerna with my grandmother
Angelina Cunzolo and their children. They settled in Windber, Pa with other family members ...
Angelina Cunzolo and their children. They settled in Windber, Pa with other family members ...