Debbie,
I did pay for the international membership and have gone through ALL of the Cersosimo birth, marriage and death records and found lots of information on Valicenti family members. Some I have connected to my husband's family, and some I have not. As far as your grandparents, I can tell you ...
Search found 7 matches
- 11 Jul 2011, 03:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
- Replies: 21
- Views: 11997
- 19 Mar 2011, 02:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
- Replies: 21
- Views: 11997
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
I don't know where you two are finding these records, but I really appreciate your help! With the Italian tradition of naming children after grandparents, it is possible that there are two different Pasquales, Vincenzos and/or Mariantonio's, thereby making some of these folks cousins. One record ...
- 18 Mar 2011, 23:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
- Replies: 21
- Views: 11997
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
Thank you both so much! I am confused about Pasquale, though. I have seen a birth record (for immigration purposes) that says Pasquale Federico Valicenti's mother was Maria Antonio Valicenti who was unwed (which is what Giovanni's birth record also says). Is it possible that Maria Antonio Valicenti ...
- 18 Mar 2011, 03:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
- Replies: 21
- Views: 11997
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
Thank you so much Marty! I believe these are the right ones, but I wish the record on Maria was clearer. I have someone who can look at it and possibly help me figure more of it out. You definitely found something that I could never access. Thank you for your help.
Jen
- 13 Mar 2011, 02:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
- Replies: 21
- Views: 11997
Re: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
Joe,
I am not sure how they are related, but I tend to think Giovanni's mother may have had a brother(s) who was in McKees Rocks. That would explain why Giovanni and his brother came to McKees Rocks in the first place. Do you know the names of Filomena and Vince's parents? That might be the ...
I am not sure how they are related, but I tend to think Giovanni's mother may have had a brother(s) who was in McKees Rocks. That would explain why Giovanni and his brother came to McKees Rocks in the first place. Do you know the names of Filomena and Vince's parents? That might be the ...
- 01 Jun 2010, 20:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
- Replies: 21
- Views: 11997
Looking for Valicenti family members from Cersosimo...
My husband's g-grandfather was Giovanni Valicenti born in 1888 in Cersosimo, Potenza, Italy. He was the child of Maria Antonia Valicenti who was unmarried. He had a brother Pasquale Federico Valicenti who was born in 1892. They also had a younger sister who was born in Italy around 1907. Giovanni ...
- 01 Jun 2010, 19:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need info on surname Valicenti and Visingardi from Cersosimo
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7891
Re: Need info on surname Valicenti and Visingardi from Cerso
Jan, my husband's grandmother was a Valicenti who lived in Aliquippa, PA after marrying an Alfano. Her father was Giovanni Valicenti who was born in Cersosimo in 1888 and had a brother Pasquale Federico Valicenti. They also had a younger sister (name unknown) who remained in Italy with their mother ...