Search found 21 matches
- 28 Feb 2012, 19:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? Help!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 19690
Re: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? H
Have you tried Mormon libraries? They have birth, death, ans marriage records for caĆascibetta to the 1850s. My mother (62) has found tecords of many of our relatives going back four more generations. We are related to ciaese manganaros, Tita, sadaro, piazza, grazioli, giliberto, pecora, pinzino and ...
- 15 Oct 2010, 22:16
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating this
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8340
Re: Need help translating this
I am going to upload Giuseppe's brother's birth certs to see if that sheds any more light. Thanks everyone!
- 15 Oct 2010, 22:03
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating this
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8340
Re: Need help translating this
Well our Giuseppe was born march 3. So these must be cousins. Since thier dad is Giovanni and our guiseppe's dad is ilarione.
- 15 Oct 2010, 21:47
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating this
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8340
Re: Need help translating this
This must be a cousin with the same name.
- 15 Oct 2010, 19:21
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating this
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8340
Re: Need help translating this
Hey everyone, I scanned 2 others. One may be a record for Giuseppe, and I wasn't sure who the other is, possible a niece named Matilda. Thanks in advance for your help.
http://img685.imageshack.us/i/jsjoebirthrecordpossibl.jpg/
http://img153.imageshack.us/i/jsmatildechiaesebirthre.jpg/
and a ...
http://img685.imageshack.us/i/jsjoebirthrecordpossibl.jpg/
http://img153.imageshack.us/i/jsmatildechiaesebirthre.jpg/
and a ...
- 14 Oct 2010, 20:30
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating this
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8340
Re: Need help translating this
Hey all. Thanks for the feedback.
We know his dob is 3/3/85, we also know the parents' names. We were curious about the upper right corner, which unfortunately shows up as dark on the original film.
I had to downsize the jpeg to upload it here. I am happy to email the full file to you if you are ...
We know his dob is 3/3/85, we also know the parents' names. We were curious about the upper right corner, which unfortunately shows up as dark on the original film.
I had to downsize the jpeg to upload it here. I am happy to email the full file to you if you are ...
- 13 Oct 2010, 23:24
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help translating this
- Replies: 23
- Views: 8340
Need help translating this
Can anyone help translate all the names, ages, dates, etc. on the document for us, as well as possibly decipher what is written in the top (right?) corner of record.........something @ Chiaese Manganaro.
Any help would be great. I had to resize this several times. Email me if I can just email you ...
Any help would be great. I had to resize this several times. Email me if I can just email you ...
- 06 Jul 2010, 14:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian immigration into Chicago early 1900s and Clark St.
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7008
Re: Italian immigration into Chicago early 1900s and Clark S
It's South Clark, and actually, that was before the street renumbering in the loop @ 1911. My best guess is that Joe Renzino and his brother owned a steamship business, and a grocery store at 418-420 So. Clark. I am guessing tickets were purchased in Chicago by Italians who had come here, and then ...
- 26 Jun 2010, 23:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? Help!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 19690
Re: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? H
We have a question now perhaps one of you can answer. We did go back and scan the birth film. We did find three of the five kids names. But they are only listed with the last name Chiaese.
It isn't until the baptismal certificates that they are named Chiaese-Manganaro. Could they have adopted this ...
It isn't until the baptismal certificates that they are named Chiaese-Manganaro. Could they have adopted this ...
- 24 Jun 2010, 17:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? Help!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 19690
Re: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? H
We will relook at the films and see. Perhaps we missed something. We did have a few oddities come up the last time we checked.
- 24 Jun 2010, 05:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? Help!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 19690
Re: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? H
Tessa/Laura
We have pulled and scanned #1916654. As I recall it's Civil Records, & didn't produce much concrete info - likely a lot is unreadable/undecipherable.
The other films I have there are:
#2013438/Baptismal (only a few indexes & mostly unreadable); box says 1558-1910, but records seem ...
We have pulled and scanned #1916654. As I recall it's Civil Records, & didn't produce much concrete info - likely a lot is unreadable/undecipherable.
The other films I have there are:
#2013438/Baptismal (only a few indexes & mostly unreadable); box says 1558-1910, but records seem ...
- 23 Jun 2010, 21:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? Help!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 19690
Re: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? H
Tessa,
We realized that Peter and Josephine werre married in Missouri. She was American born. Their marriage application and license do not have the parents info for peter.
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view.aspx?dbid=6482&iid=MO-1683690-4138&pid=31222878&email=&from=JEFF+s&ancestor=Salvatore ...
We realized that Peter and Josephine werre married in Missouri. She was American born. Their marriage application and license do not have the parents info for peter.
http://search.ancestry.com/Browse/view.aspx?dbid=6482&iid=MO-1683690-4138&pid=31222878&email=&from=JEFF+s&ancestor=Salvatore ...
- 23 Jun 2010, 13:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? Help!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 19690
Re: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? H
Laura,
I have all of these documents. If they aren't in my tree, they are in the shoebox. I am pretty covered on everyone who made it here. I don't have any gaps. We have the census reports, naturalization cards, war reg cards, for all of the siblings who came to America. We are stuck with the ...
I have all of these documents. If they aren't in my tree, they are in the shoebox. I am pretty covered on everyone who made it here. I don't have any gaps. We have the census reports, naturalization cards, war reg cards, for all of the siblings who came to America. We are stuck with the ...
- 23 Jun 2010, 06:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? Help!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 19690
Re: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? H
I am checking with my mom who did the checkout from the library. She got several films sent to her. We did find some birth and baptismal records. Im not sure which ones were in Italian and which ones were in Latin.
There were other names on there though that were confusing.
There were other names on there though that were confusing.
- 23 Jun 2010, 06:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? Help!
- Replies: 30
- Views: 19690
Re: Any Calascibetta experts or residents here in Sicily? H
Laura,
She may have been a cousin. We saw that record. But there are five kids and the eldest never came to America. Birth order was Giovanni (unk year), Pietro/Peter (1882), Giuseppe/Joe (1885), Eufenia/Fanny (1888), and Francesco Paolo/Paul (1897).
So that Chiaese Manganaro I have seen before ...
She may have been a cousin. We saw that record. But there are five kids and the eldest never came to America. Birth order was Giovanni (unk year), Pietro/Peter (1882), Giuseppe/Joe (1885), Eufenia/Fanny (1888), and Francesco Paolo/Paul (1897).
So that Chiaese Manganaro I have seen before ...