Hello, Joannsalvo.
Found this thread using a Google Alert for Castroregio.
Thanks for posting this link. I was not aware of it and found it to be immensely valuable in continuing my research.
Search found 11 matches
- 18 Mar 2013, 16:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Tracing two families from Castroregio, Cosenza, Calbria
- Replies: 15
- Views: 6885
- 02 Jul 2010, 13:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Re: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
I found the town to be Jeansville, PA.
maestra36 wrote:Maybe it's supposed to be Titusville Pa. I don't see anything close to the spelling on the manifest. I have to look at a map to see the location of that city though.
- 28 Jun 2010, 01:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Re: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
Hi, again.
Thanks for the information on the use of the Family History Center. There is a local center less than 20 mi from my house and it's more or less on my way to/from work.
I hope to give them a call this week and start the process to get a look at the microfilm.
Dan
Thanks for the information on the use of the Family History Center. There is a local center less than 20 mi from my house and it's more or less on my way to/from work.
I hope to give them a call this week and start the process to get a look at the microfilm.
Dan
- 27 Jun 2010, 19:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Re: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
Oh Dan...
Thank you for your words, me and the other members here are really happy to help...
You're lucky also because the Mormons microfilmed the civil registrations of the town of Castroregio, so you'll be able to check by yourself the microfilms and find the birth and marriage acts of your ...
Thank you for your words, me and the other members here are really happy to help...
You're lucky also because the Mormons microfilmed the civil registrations of the town of Castroregio, so you'll be able to check by yourself the microfilms and find the birth and marriage acts of your ...
- 27 Jun 2010, 19:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Re: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
Peg, Laura,
I can't tell you how much it means to me that you have provided all of this information in such a short amount of time. I didn't know how to connect the 1920 census name to the Ellis Island name, but you've done that. Plus, to have confirmed a place in Italy for me to continue my ...
I can't tell you how much it means to me that you have provided all of this information in such a short amount of time. I didn't know how to connect the 1920 census name to the Ellis Island name, but you've done that. Plus, to have confirmed a place in Italy for me to continue my ...
- 27 Jun 2010, 16:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Re: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
maestra36,
I cannot thank you enough. You've given me more leads in a few hours than I had in a year or more of casually searching.
I'll investigate these and post any updates/question.
Thank you! Thank you!
I cannot thank you enough. You've given me more leads in a few hours than I had in a year or more of casually searching.
I'll investigate these and post any updates/question.
Thank you! Thank you!
- 27 Jun 2010, 15:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Re: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
Also, I was rereading my initial post. The Domenico D'Affuso I mentioned immigrated in 1904. Given that and the fact that the 1920 census shows my great grandfather's immigration date as 1904, I thought maybe the two were connected. If the 1910 census shows something different (1905 as an ...
- 27 Jun 2010, 15:23
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Re: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
If someone could upload the 1910 census, that would be fantastic. I don't have an Ancestry subscription any longer as well. It seems as if this census and the Miracode file could be very helpful
- 27 Jun 2010, 14:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Re: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
Yes, that is the family I am looking for.
- 27 Jun 2010, 14:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Re: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
Hi.
Thanks for the response.
To answer your questions:
They were living in Hazleton, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.
I did get the 1904 immigration date from that census. The naturalization date is shown as 1919.
He was 37 years old on that census.
His wife is listed at Mary.
Thanks again.
Dan
Thanks for the response.
To answer your questions:
They were living in Hazleton, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania.
I did get the 1904 immigration date from that census. The naturalization date is shown as 1919.
He was 37 years old on that census.
His wife is listed at Mary.
Thanks again.
Dan
- 27 Jun 2010, 14:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
- Replies: 45
- Views: 17578
Surname: DeFuso, Dafuso, D'Affuso
I'm trying to find information on my great grandparents. I have information back to the 1920 US Census. At that time, my great grandfather's name was listed at Dominic Dafuso. I also know that Italian was his mother tongue and that he immigrated here in 1904. However, that's where my information ...