Search found 13 matches

by lcicchino
04 Aug 2010, 20:30
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: translation of marriage cert.
Replies: 4
Views: 3295

Re: translation of marriage cert.

That is so fantastic that you did that for me!!! Thank you so much! I will spend some time now tracking and confirming the new names you provided. I am SURE I will be back on here at a later time to ask for advice.
by lcicchino
04 Aug 2010, 18:22
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: translation of marriage cert.
Replies: 4
Views: 3295

translation of marriage cert.

It was suggested that I ask to see if anyone can help translating this marriage certificate with particular attention to names and locations. Thanks for the help!



http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2350/m ... icatei.jpg
by lcicchino
04 Aug 2010, 13:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: ancestors in Campobas
Replies: 8
Views: 5902

Re: ancestors in Campobas

Thank you so much for all of the help! I do know that Nicola was born Nov. 17 1876 died in 1965 ( in Lambertville, NJ). Through the NJ census I believe he came over in 1904. Possibly on the ship the Sicilian Prince. Vincenzo was born in 1874, died in 1960, again in Lambertville NJ. Both brothers ...
by lcicchino
03 Aug 2010, 19:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: ancestors in Campobas
Replies: 8
Views: 5902

ancestors in Campobas

I am now tracking Nicola, Vincenzo, Phillip, and Giacamo Cicchino. Father is (I believe) Genetore Cicchino. I have leads that the family is from Campobasso. I also have info that the family is from Campobas, Abruzzi, Italy. Is this the same area? As of now I can only find info on Nicola, and ...
by lcicchino
19 Jul 2010, 00:17
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: ancestors in Castelpetross
Replies: 3
Views: 2702

Re: ancestors in Castelpetross

Thanks so much!
by lcicchino
18 Jul 2010, 21:05
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: ancestors in Castelpetross
Replies: 3
Views: 2702

ancestors in Castelpetross

I have traced two brothers from the Cicchino family back to Castelpetross, (Vincenzo and Nicolangelo, b. 1874 and 1876). I suspect there are several other brothers but how can I trace their births in Italy?
by lcicchino
06 Jul 2010, 00:06
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ship info
Replies: 13
Views: 6419

Re: ship info

As far as we can tell, all names on the 1920 census sound familiar and seem to fit except for the one "Barinte". My husband has never heard that name. Looking at the 1910 census I am totally confused now! Thanks for your help, will spend some time checking that info out now. Leigh
by lcicchino
05 Jul 2010, 14:15
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ship info
Replies: 13
Views: 6419

Re: ship info

OK, Valarie, If I can ask one more thing....having resolved the Nicola/Isabella question...am now searching for Antonio Eleuteri, again from Italy born around 1885-1890. Is named as father of Rose Eleuteri born 1909 in Bordentown NJ. Mother is named as Josephine Louvisi born in Italy about 1890 ...
by lcicchino
04 Jul 2010, 15:12
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ship info
Replies: 13
Views: 6419

Re: ship info

Thanks! I guess I will pursue this info as my own unless I find out otherwise.
by lcicchino
04 Jul 2010, 13:46
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ship info
Replies: 13
Views: 6419

Re: ship info

Valerie, thanks for trying to help! I am basing my info off of the 1930 census which seems to match up names/dates etc. There was no one we know of "wife-Sonia" so I don't think this is the correct family(?). As for the 1905 manifest with Isabella Biondi, she would have been married as of 1900 but ...
by lcicchino
03 Jul 2010, 16:54
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ship info
Replies: 13
Views: 6419

Re: ship info

Doesn't seem to match up with the 1930 census info I have. According to that document Nicola was aged 54 (born in 1876) and he and wife immigrated to US in 1904. These numbers don't match up with anyone on the Castlegarden website. Any other ideas?
by lcicchino
03 Jul 2010, 16:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ship info
Replies: 13
Views: 6419

Re: ship info

Thanks, will give it a look!
by lcicchino
03 Jul 2010, 16:10
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: ship info
Replies: 13
Views: 6419

ship info

I am searching for information regarding Nicola (Nicolas?) Cicchino. Born in Italy, we believe around the Compobasso area in 1876. Married to Isabelli (Isabella?) around 1900. Settled in Lambertville NJ. I have him in the 1930 census but can not trace him earlier. Any hints?