^ Ohh thank you very much for this! I had no idea she was going to make an earlier journey.
Pink67, thanks so much for the information. I went to my local LDS Family Center tonight (I think that's what it's called) and ordered the microfilm for naturalization records 1919 - 1922. As my grandfather ...
Search found 12 matches
- 15 Jul 2010, 00:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
- 12 Jul 2010, 11:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
Coincidentally, I've already done all this! It was previously just for insurance purposes, but I guess I'll actually be needing it now! The National Archives got back to me very, very quickly (the next day, practically!) and said there was no record of Tarquinio ever having been naturalized. I'm ...
- 12 Jul 2010, 01:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
Thank you so much for this! The information on names is especially interesting.
I do have a bit of an issue that maybe someone can help with. If I'm correct in reading the census records, it appears that he had filed a petition/application for naturalization on the 1920 census and was naturalized ...
I do have a bit of an issue that maybe someone can help with. If I'm correct in reading the census records, it appears that he had filed a petition/application for naturalization on the 1920 census and was naturalized ...
- 11 Jul 2010, 01:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
God, you guys are fantastic. I am so impressed. THANK YOU so much!
The birthdate is especially useful, thank you!
I am going to order Mario's birth certificate as soon as I can. However, I live in New York, and they apparently need a court order in NY State unless you're the parent of the person ...
The birthdate is especially useful, thank you!
I am going to order Mario's birth certificate as soon as I can. However, I live in New York, and they apparently need a court order in NY State unless you're the parent of the person ...
- 10 Jul 2010, 23:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
Her gravestone says Antonina Capotoli and she was known as Anna / Antonina Olivieri (Capotoli) here. No one in my family seems to know anything about their lives in Italy, and they think that Pasqua Santini may have been her name at birth, and then she was adopted and re-named Antonina Capotoli (or ...
- 10 Jul 2010, 22:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
I think I should mention that that is a family website created for the only living relative of the siblings. The pictures are very cool, but it doesn't provide anyone with much information, unfortunately!
- 10 Jul 2010, 20:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
Haha, yes it is!
- 10 Jul 2010, 20:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
Hmmm, that's really strange! To my knowledge, that's not the right person--never heard of any of those people.
I'm not sure when he was married, just that his wife, Antonina, (who immigrated under the name Pasqua Santini) was coming to the country in 1913 to be with her husband. So I would imagine ...
I'm not sure when he was married, just that his wife, Antonina, (who immigrated under the name Pasqua Santini) was coming to the country in 1913 to be with her husband. So I would imagine ...
- 10 Jul 2010, 20:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
I know he died Tarquinio Olivieri; it's on his gravestone, at least. I've never heard anything of him ever anglicizing his name.
Thank you for all your help!
Thank you for all your help!
- 10 Jul 2010, 19:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
Hmm you're right. They don't look similar!
I'm not sure about him being in World War I but I don't believe he was in World War II. Some of his sons (my grandfather included) were, but I don't think he was.
I'll request his Social Security application. Does it matter whether or not he was a ...
I'm not sure about him being in World War I but I don't believe he was in World War II. Some of his sons (my grandfather included) were, but I don't think he was.
I'll request his Social Security application. Does it matter whether or not he was a ...
- 10 Jul 2010, 18:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Re: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
Hi! Thanks very much for this!!
As for where I found "Sre Lucna," I was sent a passenger record (I think from the Ellis Island's search index online?) for Tarquinio by a relative. I believe this is where the mistakes are coming from, because that's the only place I'd ever seen the misspelling or ...
As for where I found "Sre Lucna," I was sent a passenger record (I think from the Ellis Island's search index online?) for Tarquinio by a relative. I believe this is where the mistakes are coming from, because that's the only place I'd ever seen the misspelling or ...
- 10 Jul 2010, 17:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
- Replies: 36
- Views: 15587
Information on Great-Grandparents from Sulmona
Hi everyone. I've been referred here by an Italian citizenship forum, and I am really hoping someone here can help me! I need some assistance in finding information on my great-grandparents. I believe they were both from Sulmona, but the ship's manifest only confirms that for my great-grandmother ...