Has anyone run across a Severina in their family, and if so, what were they called in the US? My Severina died in the 6 years between her arrival in the US and the 1920 census, and I'm having trouble locating a death certificate for her.
Also, does anyone know what Serafino may have changed his ...
Search found 34 matches
- 18 Oct 2010, 22:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Americanize this: Severina & Serafino
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1485
- 18 Oct 2010, 22:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Older relatives just not interested
- Replies: 43
- Views: 22906
Re: Older relatives just not interested
you never know who is considered "dead" and in this family, if you talk to someone who has been declared dead, well then your dead to......talk about grudges!!
uh-ohhh lol Through my research, I discovered relatives I never knew existed. There was a dispute between 2 brothers, but the family took ...
uh-ohhh lol Through my research, I discovered relatives I never knew existed. There was a dispute between 2 brothers, but the family took ...
- 18 Oct 2010, 22:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Older relatives just not interested
- Replies: 43
- Views: 22906
Re: Older relatives just not interested
duplicate
- 29 Sep 2010, 00:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Another correspondence translation request
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2424
Re: Another correspondence translation request
Thanks very much!
- 28 Sep 2010, 21:02
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Another correspondence translation request
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2424
Another correspondence translation request
I emailed someone on Facebook today asking if they knew if any of my family still existed there. Can someone please translate the response?
io potrei provarci ma a Patrica non credo ci siano ancora Palladini..se mi dai altre info posso provarci!!! ciao saluti da Patrica
Thanks in advance!
io potrei provarci ma a Patrica non credo ci siano ancora Palladini..se mi dai altre info posso provarci!!! ciao saluti da Patrica
Thanks in advance!
- 14 Sep 2010, 19:51
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Re: Death record translation
Thanks, ladies. I believe you're right about mother's last name, Erme. I found another family with the spelling Ermi from the same town.
I'm scanning other records to see if I can find a match for the street. I've run into other instances where a street name was given on a manifest, but the street ...
I'm scanning other records to see if I can find a match for the street. I've run into other instances where a street name was given on a manifest, but the street ...
- 14 Sep 2010, 15:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Re: Death record translation
Thank you Maestra.
I have another record that I can't read/translate. Anyone willing to try? I want to decipher:
death location (top left)
deceased's age (something uno)
mother Maria's last name
the very last word, bottom center (it appears on all of the death records I've seen)
Giuseppina ...
I have another record that I can't read/translate. Anyone willing to try? I want to decipher:
death location (top left)
deceased's age (something uno)
mother Maria's last name
the very last word, bottom center (it appears on all of the death records I've seen)
Giuseppina ...
- 13 Sep 2010, 19:57
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Re: Death record translation
Wow, I hadn't noticed that. But for one exception, the same two people are listed as witnesses on all of my death records, which span 5 years, and a marriage record.
Interestingly, the same declarant is listed on all 6 of the Palladini death records I found on microfilm. He accompanied the ...
Interestingly, the same declarant is listed on all 6 of the Palladini death records I found on microfilm. He accompanied the ...
- 13 Sep 2010, 14:48
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Re: Death record translation
Such a tiny little word but very important! Thanks for pointing that out. I do see it now in some of my death records.Tessa78 wrote:"ieri" (yesterday)
Livio, thank you for your inputs. This is so interesting!!!!
- 13 Sep 2010, 01:56
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Re: Death record translation
Thank you again, Tessa. If I haven't worn you out yet...
Can you verify the first few sentences roughly translate "in the year ___ on __ day of ___ month, in the town hall before myself (official's name), (declarants names & ages) declared to me at the hour of __ and __ minutes, at the house ...
Can you verify the first few sentences roughly translate "in the year ___ on __ day of ___ month, in the town hall before myself (official's name), (declarants names & ages) declared to me at the hour of __ and __ minutes, at the house ...
- 13 Sep 2010, 00:50
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Re: Death record translation
I'm really doubting the ages I've translated on these 2 death certs. The first one is 77 yrs and the other is 74. My ancestors in the early-mid 1900s rarely lived past 50; it doesn't seem like they would've lived longer in the mid-late 1800s! Can someone double-check me?
Thanks!
Maria Palladini 2 ...
Thanks!
Maria Palladini 2 ...
- 12 Sep 2010, 19:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Re: Death record translation
Tessa, thank you again. I see now April 10th. That just goes to show how careful one must be while translating these documents.
If you don't mind, can you explain the role of declarants and witnesses?
If you don't mind, can you explain the role of declarants and witnesses?
- 12 Sep 2010, 15:58
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Re: Death record translation
Can someone please check my translation of the linked document?
Gio Bombiani death
Died Aug 6, 1879
Age 6 yrs
parents Antonio and Angela Paliani
Also, am I reading correctly that the record lists the age of the official documenting the death, the subject, and the witnesses, but not the parents ...
Gio Bombiani death
Died Aug 6, 1879
Age 6 yrs
parents Antonio and Angela Paliani
Also, am I reading correctly that the record lists the age of the official documenting the death, the subject, and the witnesses, but not the parents ...
- 12 Sep 2010, 00:17
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Re: Death record translation
Thank you very much, Tessa. The reference you provided is very helpful.
- 11 Sep 2010, 20:31
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Death record translation
- Replies: 21
- Views: 14916
Death record translation
Hi all! Can someone please translate for me the primary information in the linked death record? How old was Maria and what were the circumstances of her death?
Also, is anyone aware of a list of translations for commonly used terms in death, birth, and marriage records?
Thanks!
Maria Palladini ...
Also, is anyone aware of a list of translations for commonly used terms in death, birth, and marriage records?
Thanks!
Maria Palladini ...