Search found 8 matches
- 27 Mar 2011, 23:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scalise - Puccio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17025
Re: Scalise - Puccio
Thank you, Tom, for the offer about Serrastretta, but as you've probably guessed I can only go back to 1862 (Teadora Puccio-Scalise) and circa 1866 (Filippo Scalise). I may work 7 days a week, but I'm nevertheless quite relentless. Right now I'm trying to find the NY church records for Filippo's ...
- 27 Mar 2011, 01:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scalise - Puccio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17025
Re: Scalise - Puccio
Hi, and thank you for the posting! (You're Tom? Yes?)
You gave me some great name links. I can't say that I know of any that you gave, though! My father - Valentine Scalise - was born in Utica in 1927, and his father - Louis (Luigi) Scalise - was born there in 1893, and got married in 1923 to ...
You gave me some great name links. I can't say that I know of any that you gave, though! My father - Valentine Scalise - was born in Utica in 1927, and his father - Louis (Luigi) Scalise - was born there in 1893, and got married in 1923 to ...
- 26 Aug 2010, 01:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scalise - Puccio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17025
Re: Scalise - Puccio
Thank you, James! What a great connection when I can get that far back. I might get to 1866 when I can find/confirm my great-grandfather's death & burial. Thank you for your help. Who was your great-grandmother Scalise? Maybe I can help you in all my "meanderings" and searches. ~Paul
- 12 Aug 2010, 02:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scalise - Puccio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17025
Re: Scalise - Puccio
Hi, Karen - but I like Riz, too! I think you are fine. I just used the info you gave me, and basically I was able to confirm what you said by checking on-line records (census, naturalization, & passenger lists) - all pretty much confirming your info with differences in dates but not substance. For ...
- 11 Aug 2010, 00:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scalise - Puccio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17025
Re: Scalise - Puccio
Hi, again - Is your nickname "Riz" (^_^). The names are not matching direct links to me ... yet! And in your message you mixed Natale Aiello saying Natale Scalise, but I easily found Natalie Aiello with his wife Filomena in the 1920 & 1910 Censuses for Philadelphia. Info on Natalie -- born abt 1873 ...
- 10 Aug 2010, 16:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scalise - Puccio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17025
Re: Scalise - Puccio
Hi - This is Paul Scalise here. I believe it was Jamie Capaldi who replied to my very first post. I'm also hitting dead ends - (-_-) - and the names you gave - Angelina Scalesi, Peter Molinaro, and Filomena Molinaro - don't link up to any names that I've heard from family stories. If you can link to ...
- 09 Aug 2010, 22:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scalise - Puccio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17025
Re: Scalise - Puccio
Thank you - Jamie Capaldi (yes?) I had looked through the Ellis Island website, and I have found my grandmother. Plus, I did find this entry for Filippo; however, from family stories, I don't think this is the correct one. Filippo was raised by his aunt who was a teacher in Italy because his parents ...
- 09 Aug 2010, 04:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scalise - Puccio
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17025
Scalise - Puccio
I am trying to search back for a link in Nicasto (or that area) for Filippo Scalise born about 1866 and married Teadora Puccio (Pucci) around 1891 or 1892 in Italy (in Catanzaro region). Teadora was born in Feroleto Antico in 1862. Her parents were Agostino Puccio and Mariangela Cosentino. Filippo ...