Search found 6 matches
- 13 Oct 2010, 14:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
- Replies: 19
- Views: 14599
Re: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
My family in Norway lost contact with my uncle and his family after Marie died in 1981 (my uncle died in 1960). I know they had 2 boys, which I have not been able to locate. But I am curios about my uncle and aunt. I found it strange he married an italian girl. I thought the "nations" more or less ...
- 12 Oct 2010, 14:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
- Replies: 19
- Views: 14599
Re: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
Thank you James! I did not know how to find the churchbooks on LDS so your link was a big help. I guess Battesimi is Baptism. I found the churchbooks are alphabetic, and are they sorted after the fathers first name? I have never read Italian churchbooks before, so I would be happy if you could ...
- 28 Sep 2010, 20:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
- Replies: 19
- Views: 14599
Re: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
The post from Ellis Island is indeed confusing! If you read the image, and goes one image back, it says SS Palatia sailing from Palermo 1902 Arriving Port NY July 14th 1902, so both the ship and the names are very wrong spelled! It is more accurate on Ancestry.
Is it possible to order microfilms ...
Is it possible to order microfilms ...
- 28 Sep 2010, 18:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
- Replies: 19
- Views: 14599
Re: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
Thank you again to you all. :lol:
SUANJ: I found Vito Traina and his sisters at Ancestry.com New York Passenger Lists but not at Ellis Island??? According to the manifest they are going to their uncle. At Family Search Records I found Girolamo Traina and Giovanna Randazzo as parents to one Tomassa ...
SUANJ: I found Vito Traina and his sisters at Ancestry.com New York Passenger Lists but not at Ellis Island??? According to the manifest they are going to their uncle. At Family Search Records I found Girolamo Traina and Giovanna Randazzo as parents to one Tomassa ...
- 26 Sep 2010, 19:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
- Replies: 19
- Views: 14599
Re: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
Thank you for interesting replies!
It looks like Vito Traina and William Trayna is the same person. The marriage in 1903 does match the birth of their first child William or Bill who was born probably in 1904 (US Census 1920 says he is 15 years). And that Vito also is called William in english could ...
It looks like Vito Traina and William Trayna is the same person. The marriage in 1903 does match the birth of their first child William or Bill who was born probably in 1904 (US Census 1920 says he is 15 years). And that Vito also is called William in english could ...
- 26 Sep 2010, 15:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Trayna from Italy lived in New York
- Replies: 19
- Views: 14599
Trayna from Italy lived in New York
My uncle Reidar Jansen was married to an italian girl, Marie Anna Trayna, b. April 12, 1906 in New York, d. Dec. 1981 New York. I have found her and her family in US Census 1920 and 1930. Fathers name was William Trayna b. abt 1880 in Italy, mothers name J. Giatania or Gantani b. abt. 1888 in Italy ...