Hi adelfio,
Thanks for the response. I've received birth records from the 1880s from the Gaeta comune in the past, so I don't think that those records were destroyed in the war.
Does anyone have know of a microfilm or online source for Gaeta records from the 1880s and 1890s?
Search found 8 matches
- 26 Jan 2011, 22:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gaeta Records From The 1880s and 1890s
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3867
- 25 Jan 2011, 21:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Gaeta Records From The 1880s and 1890s
- Replies: 3
- Views: 3867
Gaeta Records From The 1880s and 1890s
Does anyone know of a way to look at the Civil Registration records from Gaeta in the 1880s and 1890s? I'm looking for a couple of births cerca 1885 - 1895.
The familysearch website has microfilm, but it only goes up to 1865.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp ...
The familysearch website has microfilm, but it only goes up to 1865.
http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library/fhlcatalog/supermainframeset.asp ...
- 03 Jan 2011, 19:51
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Elena in or near Caserta
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6768
Re: Elena in or near Caserta
Thanks Carm!
- 03 Jan 2011, 18:33
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Elena in or near Caserta
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6768
Re: Elena in or near Caserta
Thanks so much for the fast responses everyone. What a wealth of knowledge!
My best guess for her mother's name from the image is:
Maria Luigia Pecorane Parrocchia di F. Como
...but I'm guessing on some of those letters.
My best guess for her mother's name from the image is:
Maria Luigia Pecorane Parrocchia di F. Como
...but I'm guessing on some of those letters.
- 03 Jan 2011, 17:50
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Elena in or near Caserta
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6768
Re: Elana in or near Caserta
The attached file a high resolution portion of her ship manifest (the entire file was too big).
The exact text for her "City or Town" is Elena (Caserta). So does that mean she lived near the Church of Saint Elena in Caserta that Italysearcher mentioned? If so, what commune should I write to in ...
The exact text for her "City or Town" is Elena (Caserta). So does that mean she lived near the Church of Saint Elena in Caserta that Italysearcher mentioned? If so, what commune should I write to in ...
- 03 Jan 2011, 08:41
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Elena in or near Caserta
- Replies: 10
- Views: 6768
Elena in or near Caserta
The ship manifests for my GGGF and GGGM list their Places of Origin as "Elena" and "Caserta Elana, Italy."
Is Elena a village near Caserta?
Which commune should I write to in order to get their birth and marriage certificates?
Is Elena a village near Caserta?
Which commune should I write to in order to get their birth and marriage certificates?
- 26 Oct 2010, 06:06
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name Question
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4879
Re: Name Question
Thank you everyone!
- Tom
- Tom
- 25 Oct 2010, 07:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Name Question
- Replies: 11
- Views: 4879
Name Question
My father and I have the same first name, but different middle names. Will that cause any problems for either one of us if we both intend on applying for Italian citizenship under jure sanguinis? I have heard you cannot have the same name as a parent.
For example:
Richard Jonathan Frongello (me ...
For example:
Richard Jonathan Frongello (me ...