Search found 6 matches
- 14 Nov 2010, 19:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help needed to find town of ancestors
- Replies: 21
- Views: 10072
Re: help needed to find town of ancestors
Carmine thanks for the WWI view. I was able to get on Ancestry and found it too. I know there is a 2 yr. discrepancy on the wwI card. wwII card, his death certificate and tombstone all have 1887. And the 1910 census has him at 23 yrs of age so that's why I go with 1887. The person you found on 1906 ...
- 12 Nov 2010, 03:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help needed to find town of ancestors
- Replies: 21
- Views: 10072
Re: help needed to find town of ancestors
BTW Debi, how do you get WWI records?
- 12 Nov 2010, 03:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help needed to find town of ancestors
- Replies: 21
- Views: 10072
Re: help needed to find town of ancestors
Yes, I will try and achieve the death cert. somehow that should help. I believe I may have found my GF Pietro on the Ellis island records. It says there was an 8 year old boy arriving in Nov. of 1895 and that is probably him although I'll have to see if Ellis Island has more info. than that ...
- 11 Nov 2010, 17:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help needed to find town of ancestors
- Replies: 21
- Views: 10072
Re: help needed to find town of ancestors
Yes I imagine that is the case since even I do that when people ask where I'm from. ; )
Thanks Carmine
Thanks Carmine
- 11 Nov 2010, 17:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help needed to find town of ancestors
- Replies: 21
- Views: 10072
Re: help needed to find town of ancestors
Gosh I appreciate everyone's help. I don't think the Pietro listed in 1906 is my GF. His actual bday year is 1887 which would put him at age 18...but lord knows it is a possibility.
the draft registration card is definitely his-- Thank you. Brings a tear to my eye looking at his handwriting and ...
the draft registration card is definitely his-- Thank you. Brings a tear to my eye looking at his handwriting and ...
- 11 Nov 2010, 15:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: help needed to find town of ancestors
- Replies: 21
- Views: 10072
help needed to find town of ancestors
I know this will be very difficult but does anyone know how I may find out the town of my GGF? His name is Christopher Anselmi birth about 1843 from the Northern region of Italy. This is the only info I have. He was married to Ester Mastri or Maestri. They departed from Genoa on 6/5/1893 on a ship ...