I researched the idea that Sarafina Cortez was possibly Spanish, however all of the documents, including census records, refer to her as Italian.
Thank you,
Search found 26 matches
- 16 Mar 2011, 22:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
- 16 Mar 2011, 22:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
I am open to any suggestions. According to the 1930 Census, the name is actually spelled Frail. I have found several documents the refer to my family by these names. Same people... different last name:
Frail
Freil
Ferrel
Farrel
Ferrell
Farrell
Farrielli
Ferralelli
Ferrelli
Ferrarelli
So, I am ...
Frail
Freil
Ferrel
Farrel
Ferrell
Farrell
Farrielli
Ferralelli
Ferrelli
Ferrarelli
So, I am ...
- 16 Mar 2011, 04:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
Good news. I have found Giusseppe's Death Record. He went to prison in Moundsville, WV where he died of a Stomach Carcinoma. The record is under the name Joseph Farrielli, but the dats add up, and my uncle Frank was the informant. But I am having problems finding his nationalization records. Where ...
- 26 Feb 2011, 16:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
I have been having problems finding the birth records in San Giovanni for either Sarafina Cortez or Giusseppe Ferrarelli born April 15, 1875. I tried the email unsorrisoagliemigrati@yahoo.it but it was not valid.
Some students at the university here are trying to help me, so translation will not ...
Some students at the university here are trying to help me, so translation will not ...
- 26 Feb 2011, 16:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
Giuseppe,
Grazie a voi, ma che cosa significa?
Come famiglia lombardi è correlato a me?
Ho sangue lombardi?
Si prega di perdonare il traduttore.
-Rocky
Grazie a voi, ma che cosa significa?
Come famiglia lombardi è correlato a me?
Ho sangue lombardi?
Si prega di perdonare il traduttore.
-Rocky
- 28 Jan 2011, 01:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
suanj, Valarie, Marty and Michael31
I apologize for not properly responding earlier. I was on my smart phone responding to everything previous.
Now that I have had time to collect all of the data and put it all in a spreadsheet, I want to express my sincere gratitude for all of your support and ...
I apologize for not properly responding earlier. I was on my smart phone responding to everything previous.
Now that I have had time to collect all of the data and put it all in a spreadsheet, I want to express my sincere gratitude for all of your support and ...
- 27 Jan 2011, 23:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
I dont even know how to thank you all. Benissimo!!!
- 27 Jan 2011, 23:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
Yes some do go by Ferrel. Uncle Vito was a Ferrel.
- 27 Jan 2011, 23:26
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
That's uncle Vito ;0)
- 27 Jan 2011, 21:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
If I was a betting man, I would bet that you are correct. By looking at the names of the oldest children the dates add up. So, now the goal is to trace the line back one generation at a time correct? Though the goal here is to find the birth city if I'm following you all properly. I really hope that ...
- 27 Jan 2011, 18:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
And my next question is... will this be enough to prove citizenship? You are all somewhat experts... I don't see the home town on the manifest.
- 27 Jan 2011, 18:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
That is awesome. So what is my next step? Thank you all so much. What a great help you have been.
- 27 Jan 2011, 18:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
My mother just said that she remembers the name giuseppe from a story Uncle Tony told years ago. So perhaps that is the manifest Marty.
- 27 Jan 2011, 17:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
I should be able to find those at the courthouse here correct?
- 27 Jan 2011, 17:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames shortened by the US.
- Replies: 60
- Views: 21135
Re: Surnames shortened by the US.
Will I have to have the marriage record of my great grandfather and nuna? I am not sure that they ever married... if they did, it was in Italy.