Well this is really interesting!
My GGF was too born out of wedlock, but in Acireale Sicily in 1883. His name last name was Lisbona.
He was the illegit son of a Baron/ maid?
I've been told by by uncle that Children born orphans/bastards were given made up surnames, Lisbona being one of them.
Search found 4 matches
- 23 Aug 2011, 10:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Stuck - Follow up from my previous posts
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1453
- 25 Feb 2011, 01:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to Start: birth records from Acireale, Sicily
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2200
Re: Where to Start: birth records from Acireale, Sicily
Great! Would they get annoyed if I were to ask for more than 1 birth certificate in one letter?
Thanks everyone! This is really appreciated!
Thanks everyone! This is really appreciated!
- 24 Feb 2011, 03:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Where to Start: birth records from Acireale, Sicily
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2200
Where to Start: birth records from Acireale, Sicily
Hi everyone,
I need some help. I'm trying to do a family tree, but since I am living in Australia, And the birth records are all the way in a town in Sicily, called Acireale, I have no means of getting them.
Where do I start? Is there a website I should go? Like a Civil Commune, or a State ...
I need some help. I'm trying to do a family tree, but since I am living in Australia, And the birth records are all the way in a town in Sicily, called Acireale, I have no means of getting them.
Where do I start? Is there a website I should go? Like a Civil Commune, or a State ...
- 04 Feb 2011, 13:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: orphans & illegitimate children in italy 1850
- Replies: 36
- Views: 65812
Re: orphans & illegitimate children in italy 1850
Hi everyone,
I'm researching on my Great Grandfather who was Giovanni Lisbona born in 1883 in Acireale, Catania, Sicily.
Apparently this is how the story goes:
Giovanni was an illegitimate child of the Baron of Calatabiano and a waitress. The mother left the child at a Sacra Rota in Acireale ...
I'm researching on my Great Grandfather who was Giovanni Lisbona born in 1883 in Acireale, Catania, Sicily.
Apparently this is how the story goes:
Giovanni was an illegitimate child of the Baron of Calatabiano and a waitress. The mother left the child at a Sacra Rota in Acireale ...