Search found 27 matches

by aulus
27 Sep 2011, 00:57
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Registration process at comune?
Replies: 3
Views: 1520

Registration process at comune?

What happens after the consulate forwards your documents to your comune? Does the comune just need to enter your information into some register? Or does the process depend on the central government? The reason I ask is that I just found out that I have a cousin working at the city hall office in my ...
by aulus
07 Sep 2011, 20:22
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: How do Italian-born Italians view jure sanguinis citizens?
Replies: 4
Views: 2067

How do Italian-born Italians view jure sanguinis citizens?

For anyone who has gotten their citizenship recognized and moved to Italy, or been in regular contact with native-born Italians, how did they typically regard you? Were you welcomed as one of the group, or did they generally treat you as though you aren't a "real" Italian?
by aulus
04 Sep 2011, 21:15
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Applying for passport in different country than residence
Replies: 1
Views: 869

Applying for passport in different country than residence

After Italian citizenship has been recognized and registered, I read that in order to get a passport it is necessary to physically appear at an Italian consulate because of the biometrics. Can it be any consulate anywhere in the world or does it have to be in the country in which you are currently ...
by aulus
22 Aug 2011, 05:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: 35 page Scholarly Report on Italian by decent Citizenship
Replies: 10
Views: 3625

Re: 35 page Scholarly Report on Italian by decent Citizensh

Of course it's highly unlikely that any changes would be applied retroactively to existing citizens. But given the current budgetary situation it seems plausible that they might take actions to further restrict eligibility for future cases if they discover that the newly-recognized Italians have ...
by aulus
13 Aug 2011, 03:50
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: I got this USCIS letter but poor instructions ? See Pic
Replies: 4
Views: 3176

Re: I got this USCIS letter but poor instructions ? See Pic

You just need to send them a letter, make sure you put your case number on it and include a copy of that letter you received.

Here is a template you can use: _http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic20463.html
by aulus
09 Aug 2011, 00:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Philly wait over a year
Replies: 2
Views: 974

Re: Philly wait over a year

What rules exactly are changing?

The scenario you described, GM -> M -> You, is fine according to the current rules as long as your mother was born after 1948. Are you saying the rules are changing that women could pass on citizenship to children born before 1948?
by aulus
08 Aug 2011, 05:36
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Appointment in 1 week but missing one document, what to do?
Replies: 2
Views: 1611

Appointment in 1 week but missing one document, what to do?

My appointment at the SF consulate is scheduled one week from tomorrow but I'm missing one last document, specifically the USCIS non-naturalization certification (I sent the request about 2 months ago, so I'm hoping for the reply any day now). What should I do? Do the consulates usually let you ...
by aulus
15 Jul 2011, 05:26
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: 1940 census - Citizenship field blank??
Replies: 0
Views: 686

1940 census - Citizenship field blank??

I'm trying to prove no naturalization of my ancestor, so I ordered a 1940 census report (the census after his son was born). The citizenship (of foreign born) field is totally blank. Will this be acceptable for my case (in that he isn't listed as naturalized), or is it useless since it is blank?
by aulus
10 Jul 2011, 00:45
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Detroit consulate - census required for no naturalization?
Replies: 0
Views: 761

Detroit consulate - census required for no naturalization?

Does anyone know if the Detroit consulate requires census reports for cases in which the Italian ancestor was never naturalized?
by aulus
26 Jun 2011, 02:54
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Ufficio Distrettuale Imposte Dirette (Tax Document?)
Replies: 4
Views: 1937

Re: Ufficio Distrettuale Imposte Dirette (Tax Document?)

Grazie mille!

What is the significance of the first line, "Estratti della partito di 40... "
"Extracts from the party of 40"? What does the 40 refer to??
by aulus
26 Jun 2011, 02:33
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: If I renounce my US citizenship does it affect eligibility?
Replies: 20
Views: 7345

Re: If I renounce my US citizenship does it affect eligibili



And they require you to be in the ONE country for 330 days a year to qualify for the exemption. So, if you work for six months in Italy, then travel Europe, the IRS has the ability to not allow the exemption. If there is one thing about american law, it is that usually common sense does not ...
by aulus
25 Jun 2011, 20:27
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: If I renounce my US citizenship does it affect eligibility?
Replies: 20
Views: 7345

Re: If I renounce my US citizenship does it affect eligibili

the US is the only country I am aware of that taxes you no matter what, with very few exceptions.

Well, US citizens do have to file a tax return every year no matter where they live, but unless you make more than the tax exemption limit ($92,200 for 2011) you do not have to pay any taxes. So ...
by aulus
25 Jun 2011, 04:42
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Ufficio Distrettuale Imposte Dirette (Tax Document?)
Replies: 4
Views: 1937

Re: Ufficio Distrettuale Imposte Dirette (Tax Document?)

bump..... anyone have any ideas about this? It might not be something like a birth or death record, but I'd really like to know if there might be some sort of important clue here if anyone can read it.
by aulus
22 Jun 2011, 19:29
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Do documents from 3rd country need to be translated?
Replies: 1
Views: 832

Do documents from 3rd country need to be translated?

My ancestor passed through a 3rd country on the way to the US. As a precautionary measure, I have obtained certification of no naturalization from that country so that there will be no doubt that he was still an Italian citizen when his children were born. Do I need to have it translated into ...
by aulus
13 Jun 2011, 23:02
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Ufficio Distrettuale Imposte Dirette (Tax Document?)
Replies: 4
Views: 1937

Ufficio Distrettuale Imposte Dirette (Tax Document?)

Having a hard time trying to read most of this, any ideas?

EDIT: Shoot, the right side is getting cut off. Anyway here is the link to the full image in photobucket:

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/rhys77_photos/Genealogy/PAOLA.gif


http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s20/rhys77_photos ...