My great great grandparents were Francesco SanFilippo and Antonina Crivello who had a son named Matteo, my great uncle.
Do you know if your g-g-grandmothers name included a 'Francesca' within it at all? and if the same Matteo, would have been born about 1895 - does that seem close/similar? and ...
Search found 8 matches
- 26 May 2011, 17:46
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Santa Flavia / Potinello
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15961
- 13 Feb 2011, 19:28
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Santa Flavia / Potinello
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15961
Re: Santa Flavia / Potinello
Another manifest in 1912, March 29 (right after birth of Vincenzo?)
Salvatore is married and age 25, from Santa Flavia, leaving wife Grazia Sanfilippo in Porticello...
Going to brother Giuseppe Crisci in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Stated that he was in US in 1903 and 1907 also.
I just found another ...
Salvatore is married and age 25, from Santa Flavia, leaving wife Grazia Sanfilippo in Porticello...
Going to brother Giuseppe Crisci in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Stated that he was in US in 1903 and 1907 also.
I just found another ...
- 13 Feb 2011, 18:40
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Santa Flavia / Potinello
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15961
Re: Santa Flavia / Potinello
One could assume than that it's his sisters husband, as you suggested. NOW to find out the sisters name :)
I can find nothing on a Guiseppe Crisci in MKE even though he says he stayed with him. Very frustrating. I did find a 'Joseph' Crisci, but it would appear to be too young to be him (b 1897 ...
I can find nothing on a Guiseppe Crisci in MKE even though he says he stayed with him. Very frustrating. I did find a 'Joseph' Crisci, but it would appear to be too young to be him (b 1897 ...
- 12 Feb 2011, 20:52
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Santa Flavia / Potinello
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15961
Re: Santa Flavia / Potinello
So far, this is all I know - I have his DOB 27 AUG 1886 and know his wifes name was Grace (Grazia I am assuming) Sanfilippo DOB c 1886- I did find a manifest with her bringing the children over (Vincenzo b9 MAR 1912, Francesco 6 JUL 1916 & Francesca 1921) in 1929 - Salvatore must have been in ...
- 12 Feb 2011, 20:25
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Santa Flavia / Potinello
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15961
Re: Santa Flavia / Potinello
THANK YOU! I had posted (but its not showing now - wonder if it was too big and removed?) their passage over and it was a 'hmm ' moment because it listed Francesco as a US CIT - so obviously Grazia must have come back and forth as well a few times.
Seems odd that she would have left the children ...
Seems odd that she would have left the children ...
- 12 Feb 2011, 03:53
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Santa Flavia / Potinello
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15961
Re: Santa Flavia / Potinello
OH! that is too close NOT to be it. I wonder if someone else was writing it for him, and that is how they heard it. Thank you!Tessa78 wrote:Hello and welcome!
A possibility???? Porticello...
Porticello, comune of Santa Flavia - province: Palermo - region: Sicily
T.
- 12 Feb 2011, 00:23
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Santa Flavia / Potinello
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15961
Re: Santa Flavia / Potinello
:D I go off to make dinner and WOW! thanks for the ideas!
So far, this is all I know - I have his DOB 27 AUG 1886 and know his wifes name was Grace (Grazia I am assuming) Sanfilippo DOB c 1886- I did find a manifest with her bringing the children over (Vincenzo b9 MAR 1912, Francesco 6 JUL 1916 ...
So far, this is all I know - I have his DOB 27 AUG 1886 and know his wifes name was Grace (Grazia I am assuming) Sanfilippo DOB c 1886- I did find a manifest with her bringing the children over (Vincenzo b9 MAR 1912, Francesco 6 JUL 1916 ...
- 11 Feb 2011, 21:09
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Santa Flavia / Potinello
- Replies: 22
- Views: 15961
Santa Flavia / Potinello
Hello! just found the forum, and am really hoping to get some ideas on where and how to search this whole area.
That said, I am not sure if Potinello (Patinello?) is even a place. I know from US census's that my sons gggrandfather and mother came from Santa Flavia, however, on his WW2 registration ...
That said, I am not sure if Potinello (Patinello?) is even a place. I know from US census's that my sons gggrandfather and mother came from Santa Flavia, however, on his WW2 registration ...