Search found 4 matches

by ffernino
12 Mar 2011, 00:39
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Haven CT 1880 Census Help
Replies: 11
Views: 5316

Re: New Haven CT 1880 Census Help

Carmine... I really don't know what Francesco did for a living or when (or if) he an Antonia were married. Until last Friday, I had no idea who were the parents of my grandfather. As for the Francesco that is listed as a grocer on Oak street, I think that is a different family. In the 1900 census ...
by ffernino
11 Mar 2011, 13:47
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Haven CT 1880 Census Help
Replies: 11
Views: 5316

Re: New Haven CT 1880 Census Help

Thanks very much for the info. The names you posted.. Angelo and Giovanni... are not familiar. However, the death of Frank Fernino in 1896 could very well have been my great grandfather. Could you tell me how you located that info? As for the Vital Records, I was there a couple of weks ago to obtain ...
by ffernino
10 Mar 2011, 13:56
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Haven CT 1880 Census Help
Replies: 11
Views: 5316

Re: New Haven CT 1880 Census Help

Thanks for the reply. "ED" means Enumeration District. So what I am saying is that I went through the 1880 census for New Haven page by page, at least what was available on Ancestry.com, and was unable to find a cluster of Italian families. So I am wondering if there are additional pages that ...
by ffernino
10 Mar 2011, 00:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: New Haven CT 1880 Census Help
Replies: 11
Views: 5316

New Haven CT 1880 Census Help

I am searching for info on my grandfather, who was born in New Haven in March, 1882. I searched the 1880 census on Ancestry.com, hoping to find info on his parents. The name search failed. Next, I looked at each page of each ED (72-98), hoping to find a cluster of Italian residents. Nothing. So, a ...