Thank you for your help,
I'll try to find further records about the the sons of my ancestor.
have a nice day
Paolo
Search found 10 matches
- 18 Jun 2021, 15:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Giacomo Durante
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5113
- 18 Jun 2021, 13:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Giacomo Durante
- Replies: 4
- Views: 5113
Giacomo Durante
Dear all,
I'd like to find the descendant of this uncle of mine,
familysearch code GZKR-V4G
Any help is appreciated
regards
Paolo
I'd like to find the descendant of this uncle of mine,
familysearch code GZKR-V4G
Any help is appreciated
regards
Paolo
- 16 Mar 2011, 15:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFERO
- Replies: 20
- Views: 6269
Re: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFER
Grazie Laura,
Infatti non mi risulta che partecipò alla prima guerra mondiale.
Mio Nonno torno intorno al 1940, qualche anno dopo cominciò a percepire la pensione americana e morì nel 1952.
Ma la cosa strana è che fece diversi viaggi in Italia, ebbe modo di avere 7 figli
di cui mio padre era l ...
Infatti non mi risulta che partecipò alla prima guerra mondiale.
Mio Nonno torno intorno al 1940, qualche anno dopo cominciò a percepire la pensione americana e morì nel 1952.
Ma la cosa strana è che fece diversi viaggi in Italia, ebbe modo di avere 7 figli
di cui mio padre era l ...
- 16 Mar 2011, 10:30
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFERO
- Replies: 20
- Views: 6269
Re: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFER
@suanj
my grandfather came back in Italy at last, but this is a sad story. He had lost 5 of his 7 children while he was in US, when he came back his wife died. He found nothing of all the money he had send to Italy, and even his house was half-sold out.
One of the sons who survived was my father ...
my grandfather came back in Italy at last, but this is a sad story. He had lost 5 of his 7 children while he was in US, when he came back his wife died. He found nothing of all the money he had send to Italy, and even his house was half-sold out.
One of the sons who survived was my father ...
- 16 Mar 2011, 10:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFERO
- Replies: 20
- Views: 6269
Re: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFER
Thanks to everybody
@pink67 do you mean that my granfather lopez cristoforo was enlisted as a US military in 1WW ?
lo scrivo in italiano:
scusa pink67, significa che mio nonno Cristoforo è stato un soldato americano nella 1 guerra mondiale?
grazie
ciao
@pink67 do you mean that my granfather lopez cristoforo was enlisted as a US military in 1WW ?
lo scrivo in italiano:
scusa pink67, significa che mio nonno Cristoforo è stato un soldato americano nella 1 guerra mondiale?
grazie
ciao
- 11 Mar 2011, 14:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFERO
- Replies: 20
- Views: 6269
Re: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFER
Can you search for this cousin of my granfather Giulio Cherubini?
Thanks in advance
Paolo
Thanks in advance
Paolo
- 11 Mar 2011, 14:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFERO
- Replies: 20
- Views: 6269
Re: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFER
I suspect that he changed his name and and set up a new family in USA, he was a big and strong man about 2 meter tall and was called CRISTOFENONE (big cristofer) by his companions, the mistake in his first name maybe came from his surname.
Any idea on where to search?
thanks
Paolo
Any idea on where to search?
thanks
Paolo
- 11 Mar 2011, 11:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFERO
- Replies: 20
- Views: 6269
Re: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFER
It's strange, because I think he was a regular immigrant, I know that when he retired he got an US pension because he stayed in USA more than 15 years . So I think there must be records somewhere about his job .
Thanks
Paolo
Thanks
Paolo
- 11 Mar 2011, 10:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFERO
- Replies: 20
- Views: 6269
Re: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFER
Thanks for the information, maybe this was the first time he arrived in USA.
Can you suggest me where I can collect other infos. I know that he worked in boston, building the rail and that he lived in QUINCY.
Records about the company he was working for, or the exact address where he lived, for ...
Can you suggest me where I can collect other infos. I know that he worked in boston, building the rail and that he lived in QUINCY.
Records about the company he was working for, or the exact address where he lived, for ...
- 10 Mar 2011, 08:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFERO
- Replies: 20
- Views: 6269
Loocking for my Granfather LOPEZ CRISTOFORO or CRISTOFERO
Hi everybody, I'am trying to find out the tracks of my granfather who emigrated to USA, Boston coming from Italy, Borbona LAZIO.
I didn't find any record on Ellis Island database, and I guess he used to pass the US border from Canada. He has lived for many years in QUINCY, between the first and the ...
I didn't find any record on Ellis Island database, and I guess he used to pass the US border from Canada. He has lived for many years in QUINCY, between the first and the ...