Hello,
I have recently traveled to Italy, and am back in the United States. While I was over there, I discovered that one of my relatives, a Giacomo Rolle, was killed in action on Crete in September of 1942. I am aware that casualty lists are online - but I am not finding him. Does anyone know of ...
Search found 49 matches
- 04 Jul 2012, 19:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Locating military record of relative in WW2
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1217
- 28 Sep 2011, 15:13
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with Latin marriage record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1660
Re: Need help with Latin marriage record
Thank you for all of your help you guys! Now I can take the family tree back a few generations further.
Livio, I do not know why it says 'Gros,' but on their son's 1839 birth record it says "Margherita Gross" and that also what it says on the son's marriage record.
I have no idea why the scribe ...
Livio, I do not know why it says 'Gros,' but on their son's 1839 birth record it says "Margherita Gross" and that also what it says on the son's marriage record.
I have no idea why the scribe ...
- 25 Sep 2011, 21:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Need help with Latin marriage record
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1660
Need help with Latin marriage record
Well now I have done it! I've traced my great great great grandfather's family back far enough that the records are no longer in Italian! Frankly I think that is pretty cool!
Can someone help me out with this 1820 marriage record? I know that the couple is Giacomo Rolle and Margherita Grosso; and ...
Can someone help me out with this 1820 marriage record? I know that the couple is Giacomo Rolle and Margherita Grosso; and ...
- 01 Aug 2011, 02:01
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Will this letter work for writing Torino?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1477
Re: Will this letter work for writing Torino?
Thank you Carmine! I had a feeling that what I wrote for great great grandfather was not correct.
Do you have an idea of what I should write for the email subject?
Do you have an idea of what I should write for the email subject?
- 01 Aug 2011, 01:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Which archive would I go to for military records?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1068
Re: Which archive would I go to for military records?
Thanks Carmine! I used that sample letter that you posted to write a letter. I have it posted in the Italian language forum, because I want to double check it before I send it in.
Do you know how much the documents would cost?
Do you know how much the documents would cost?
- 01 Aug 2011, 01:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Will this letter work for writing Torino?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1477
Will this letter work for writing Torino?
I found this template on the forum - and I wanted to double check it before I sent it out!
I'm going to try email and a letter.
What should I put as the subject in the email?
Thank you!
-----
Egregi Signori,
Mi chiamo (name), ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto.
Vi scrivo ...
I'm going to try email and a letter.
What should I put as the subject in the email?
Thank you!
-----
Egregi Signori,
Mi chiamo (name), ed abito negli Stati Uniti all'indirizzo sopradetto.
Vi scrivo ...
- 01 Aug 2011, 00:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Another first name abbreviation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1459
Re: Another first name abbreviation
It's an Atto di Nascita from Forno di Rivara in the early 1920s.
I'll post a picture and I'll let you decide. I thought maybe it might be an "F" but because there are other capital F's in the Atti, that do not look the same, I'm thinking not.
I'm hesitant to post the whole document because this ...
I'll post a picture and I'll let you decide. I thought maybe it might be an "F" but because there are other capital F's in the Atti, that do not look the same, I'm thinking not.
I'm hesitant to post the whole document because this ...
- 31 Jul 2011, 23:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Which archive would I go to for military records?
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1068
Which archive would I go to for military records?
Hello,
I am fairly new to Italian records - and haven't tried military records yet. My great great grandfather left Italy for America at age 23; and I would like to find out if he did his conscription.
Which archive would I contact in the Torino area? He was originally from Forno Rivara/Forno ...
I am fairly new to Italian records - and haven't tried military records yet. My great great grandfather left Italy for America at age 23; and I would like to find out if he did his conscription.
Which archive would I contact in the Torino area? He was originally from Forno Rivara/Forno ...
- 31 Jul 2011, 23:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Abbreviation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1957
Re: Name Abbreviation
That's good to know! It's her first name, but if I'm not mistaken, Re means 'king.' Could it be that the surname in Palermo might be related somehow to a royal family?
- 31 Jul 2011, 23:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Another first name abbreviation
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1459
Another first name abbreviation
Hello,
I have another female first name abbreviation that I've never come across before! Does anyone know what Jues. might be as a female first name?
I have another female first name abbreviation that I've never come across before! Does anyone know what Jues. might be as a female first name?
- 31 Jul 2011, 04:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Abbreviation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1957
Re: Name Abbreviation
Carmine,
Why didn't I think of that!? That makes quite a bit of sense!
Why didn't I think of that!? That makes quite a bit of sense!
- 31 Jul 2011, 02:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name Abbreviation
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1957
Name Abbreviation
Hello,
I am looking at some atti di nascita's from my great great grandfather's side of the family, and one of his brothers married a woman whose first name appears as Re. on all of the documents that I have located. Because it is always Re. I'm assuming that it is an abbreviation of a name.
Does ...
I am looking at some atti di nascita's from my great great grandfather's side of the family, and one of his brothers married a woman whose first name appears as Re. on all of the documents that I have located. Because it is always Re. I'm assuming that it is an abbreviation of a name.
Does ...
- 25 Jun 2011, 18:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NOT Italian, but I REALLY need some help! Thank you!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2753
Re: NOT Italian, but I REALLY need some help! Thank you!
My mistake -- re-reading it again I see what you mean!
I hope you find her!
I hope you find her!
- 25 Jun 2011, 18:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: NOT Italian, but I REALLY need some help! Thank you!
- Replies: 7
- Views: 2753
Re: NOT Italian, but I REALLY need some help! Thank you!
About Annie Henia, I think maybe you should try "Yenia." I studied Russian(which is admittedly not Ukrainian) in college and for a last name I see that being more plausible.
If it really for sure was "Henina" there is a possibility that the person on the ship spelled the name similar to what it ...
If it really for sure was "Henina" there is a possibility that the person on the ship spelled the name similar to what it ...
- 24 Jun 2011, 05:04
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Does anyone have access to 'Famliysearch.com'?
- Replies: 16
- Views: 7973
Re: Does anyone have access to 'Famliysearch.com'?
Can do! My family tree that I am working on so far has the following surnames: Rolle, Rostagno, Marietti, Frasca, Grosso, and Bergonzo. And there are lots of repeats in surnames.
My great great grandparents both had the surname Rolle when they married (gg grandma's maiden name was Rolle) and I ...
My great great grandparents both had the surname Rolle when they married (gg grandma's maiden name was Rolle) and I ...