Latest development!!! :D I'm so excited to have received great-grandpa Steve's Social Security Application copy and....
His father was definitely Joe Calderone
His mother was definitely Mary F?
It also confirms his birth place as St. James, Louisiana
Now, the copy is not very good and I can't read ...
Search found 10 matches
- 30 Jul 2011, 03:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
- 21 Jul 2011, 21:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
Re: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
We have a center not far from where I live, I think I'll make a trip over and speak with them about the microfilm. Thank you again for these helpful suggestions.
I believe we are on the right track!!
I believe we are on the right track!!
- 21 Jul 2011, 06:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
Re: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
Another Giuseppe Calderone who arrived in 1994 from Termini, Sicily.
New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1820-1945 about Giuseppe Calderone
Name: Giuseppe Calderone
Arrival Date: 8 May 1894
Age: 33
Date of Birth: abt 1862
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Palermo, Italy
Ship Name: Montebello
Port of Arrival ...
New Orleans Passenger Lists, 1820-1945 about Giuseppe Calderone
Name: Giuseppe Calderone
Arrival Date: 8 May 1894
Age: 33
Date of Birth: abt 1862
Gender: Male
Port of Departure: Palermo, Italy
Ship Name: Montebello
Port of Arrival ...
- 20 Jul 2011, 17:50
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
Re: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
My goodness, I am overwhelmed!! Thank you!
I do remember that my grandfather John, used to say that the Calderone's were from Palermo so, your findings could be correct. It is very curious about Steve's name...I need to do more research as to what his birth name could have been. I do believe that ...
I do remember that my grandfather John, used to say that the Calderone's were from Palermo so, your findings could be correct. It is very curious about Steve's name...I need to do more research as to what his birth name could have been. I do believe that ...
- 19 Jul 2011, 16:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
Re: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
I think that it is very very likely that Steve's brother Sam's name is Salvatore. Salvatore Scaturro was called Sam by his family so I don't see why it Steve's brother Sam would not be a Salvatore as well? I am afraid I do not have much more information besides what I have mentioned in my earlier ...
- 18 Jul 2011, 17:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
Re: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
Suanj-
Angela and Calogera's record I had seen but, thanks Biff , for the clarification on Lake End! Salvatore's (family called him Sam) record is new to me so, grazie mille. Salaparuta appears to be their commune which is very exciting and sad as I read that the old village was destroyed by an ...
Angela and Calogera's record I had seen but, thanks Biff , for the clarification on Lake End! Salvatore's (family called him Sam) record is new to me so, grazie mille. Salaparuta appears to be their commune which is very exciting and sad as I read that the old village was destroyed by an ...
- 17 Jul 2011, 21:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
Re: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
Suanj-
THANK YOU! This appears to be him. I've searched those records over and over and this is the first I have seen this draft card! I am hoping this will help me as I try to locate his birth records. This is the only way I will be able to find out what his mother and father's names were. I am ...
THANK YOU! This appears to be him. I've searched those records over and over and this is the first I have seen this draft card! I am hoping this will help me as I try to locate his birth records. This is the only way I will be able to find out what his mother and father's names were. I am ...
- 17 Jul 2011, 16:12
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
Re: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
Not a silly question at all! I'm comfortable saying I'm 100% sure he's Italian. It would be a serious shock to the family if it turned out he wasn't! 1920 and 1930 Census lists his parents as being from Italy and my grandpa and his siblings (Steve's children) confirmed this and remembered Steve's ...
- 17 Jul 2011, 04:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
Re: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
Thanks Harleygrrl!
I have seen this record and I haven't totally ruled the Steve Calderone in the draft registration card out! However, I can say for certainty that he is buried in California because we have his little prayer card from the mass along with photos (creepy). Part of the problem is ...
I have seen this record and I haven't totally ruled the Steve Calderone in the draft registration card out! However, I can say for certainty that he is buried in California because we have his little prayer card from the mass along with photos (creepy). Part of the problem is ...
- 16 Jul 2011, 18:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
- Replies: 25
- Views: 7979
Looking for my great grandfather--Steve Calderone
Hello everyone,
I'm new here and my search has led me to this forum where I'm hoping someone out there might have some helpful hints regarding my great grandfather, Steve Calderone. Here's a little background on what I do know, which isn't very much.
He was born in Louisiana but, I have yet to find ...
I'm new here and my search has led me to this forum where I'm hoping someone out there might have some helpful hints regarding my great grandfather, Steve Calderone. Here's a little background on what I do know, which isn't very much.
He was born in Louisiana but, I have yet to find ...