Search found 4 matches

by lmalcewi
09 Sep 2011, 05:42
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Families fro Grumento Nova
Replies: 8
Views: 8780

Re: Families fro Grumento Nova

Here is some information I found for a Papaleo from Potenza who immigrated to Argentina:

Name: PAPALEO, NICOLA Age: 33 Marital Status: S Profession: MECHANICAL Religion: CATOLICA Nationality: ITALIAN Ship: BRASIL Source: GENOVA Arrival Date: 14/06/1948 - BUENOS AIRES Born in: POTENZA

As you can ...
by lmalcewi
08 Sep 2011, 00:06
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: LOOKING FOR AN ANCESTOR
Replies: 4
Views: 2391

Re: LOOKING FOR AN ANCESTOR

Thank you, Laura! I did see this website but didn't have a date to enter and didn't realize I could search without it! This is awesome--I appreciate it!

Linda
by lmalcewi
07 Sep 2011, 01:40
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: LOOKING FOR AN ANCESTOR
Replies: 4
Views: 2391

Re: LOOKING FOR AN ANCESTOR

Thank you. I have already done that and am unable to find the ship's manifest for this voyage.
by lmalcewi
06 Sep 2011, 05:11
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: LOOKING FOR AN ANCESTOR
Replies: 4
Views: 2391

LOOKING FOR AN ANCESTOR

My Great Uncle Foco Papaleo traveled from Genova, Italy to Argentina on the ship Valdivia. I do not know the year of travel; however, it must have been in the early 1900's. He is listed as being a bricklayer from Cotronei, Italy. I am unable to access any other information regarding him and would ...