Thanks, Maria. It is 100% clear now!
Wow, $5 and $3 for documents/apostilles in Puerto Rico? That is what it ought to be, in my humble opinion. The greedy, mismanaged state of CT asks $20 for each document and $40 for each apostille! That is insane when compared to other states. This is why I need ...
Search found 19 matches
- 13 Jan 2012, 19:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Los Angeles Appointment Recap
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6955
- 13 Jan 2012, 05:47
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Los Angeles Appointment Recap
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6955
Re: Los Angeles Appointment Recap
Maria:
One final question. In your original post, you stated:
I'm applying GF > F > Me.
Certificates in order in which they were requested:
GF birth, naturalization, marriage and death
F birth, marriage (with license) and death
M birth, marriage (with license)
I believe that the listing ...
One final question. In your original post, you stated:
I'm applying GF > F > Me.
Certificates in order in which they were requested:
GF birth, naturalization, marriage and death
F birth, marriage (with license) and death
M birth, marriage (with license)
I believe that the listing ...
- 11 Jan 2012, 02:16
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Los Angeles Appointment Recap
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6955
Re: Los Angeles Appointment Recap
Maria:
Thanks so much for your response and the excellent links. I was previously unaware of the other web forum concerning JS applicants.
I do have some good news, finally. I called the LA consulate today and explained my problem, and how my email was never answered. "No problem, I'll connect ...
Thanks so much for your response and the excellent links. I was previously unaware of the other web forum concerning JS applicants.
I do have some good news, finally. I called the LA consulate today and explained my problem, and how my email was never answered. "No problem, I'll connect ...
- 09 Jan 2012, 20:30
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Los Angeles Appointment Recap
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6955
Re: Los Angeles Appointment Recap
Xaymara: Thanks for responding to my post of yesterday.
I'm glad you surfaced after 3 months, as there doesn't seem to be anybody else here whom has gone to L.A. recently!
I am primarily concerned about how lenient LA might be regarding a few name discrepancies of my documents. I emailed the ...
I'm glad you surfaced after 3 months, as there doesn't seem to be anybody else here whom has gone to L.A. recently!
I am primarily concerned about how lenient LA might be regarding a few name discrepancies of my documents. I emailed the ...
- 09 Jan 2012, 07:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Has Anyone Had A Recent Appointment At L.A. Consulate?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 932
Has Anyone Had A Recent Appointment At L.A. Consulate?
Group:
I'm wondering if anybody has had recent experience with the L.A. consulate for citizenship application? I'm living in San Diego, and am under their jurisdiction.
Questions include:
1) How long did you have to wait for an appointment?
2) Exactly what documents did they require, and what ...
I'm wondering if anybody has had recent experience with the L.A. consulate for citizenship application? I'm living in San Diego, and am under their jurisdiction.
Questions include:
1) How long did you have to wait for an appointment?
2) Exactly what documents did they require, and what ...
- 25 Oct 2011, 22:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Discrepancy in Ancestor's Marriage and Birth Certificates
- Replies: 6
- Views: 3049
Re: Discrepancy in Ancestor's Marriage and Birth Certificate
Fisherman: Although many of us here like to provide helpful comments, opinions are not always an indication of how your local Consulate will treat this discrepancy. The Consulate are the ONLY people whom can answer your question with a definite answer.
If you read others posts, you will see that ...
If you read others posts, you will see that ...
- 18 Oct 2011, 00:17
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Does The L.A. Consulate Ever Answer Phones, or EMAILS?
- Replies: 0
- Views: 751
Does The L.A. Consulate Ever Answer Phones, or EMAILS?
I've been unsuccessfully trying to reach the citizenship desk at the L.A. consulate. Like others, I've got questions regarding name discrepancies on my documents. I'd like to get an opinion from them before I spend big money on apostilles, translations and such...just to be told later on my docs are ...
- 18 Oct 2011, 00:03
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Has Anyone Corrected Original Documents From CT?
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1762
Has Anyone Corrected Original Documents From CT?
I'm applying for "Jure Sanguinis" via my Grandfather-Mom-Me. I've gathered all the original certified documents I need. Unfortunately, there are a LOT of discrepancies in the names used by my grandparents - and also my parents! Sometimes it is just an alternate, English spelling of a first name ...
- 11 Oct 2011, 17:52
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consulates?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 8043
Re: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consula
@Kontessa: Thanks for the well-wishes! I'm inching my way there!
@Jennabet: From my understanding, you are correct. Italy's socialized health care system does NOT discriminate against any person whom is living there legally. As a strong proponent of socialized health care, this is quite a ...
@Jennabet: From my understanding, you are correct. Italy's socialized health care system does NOT discriminate against any person whom is living there legally. As a strong proponent of socialized health care, this is quite a ...
- 11 Oct 2011, 05:58
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 2734
Re: Why Two Different Abtran Appointment Numbers?
Thanks for the info. I still dont understand what Abtran mean by "premium rate." Oh well...
Yes, the costs are very steep if you need to get apostilles (especially in CT -$40 ea) PLUS "authentications" for out-of-jurisdiction documents.
Eleven month wait? YIKES! What consulate are you applying to ...
Yes, the costs are very steep if you need to get apostilles (especially in CT -$40 ea) PLUS "authentications" for out-of-jurisdiction documents.
Eleven month wait? YIKES! What consulate are you applying to ...
- 10 Oct 2011, 19:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consulates?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 8043
Re: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consula
Jennabet:
I assume you are living in Italy now? What part? From where in the USA did you move, and how long have you been there?
Yes, I am in my mid-late 50's and am already in semi-retirement mode after owning a good business for the last 20 years. I don't think I'd even want to work in Italy, as ...
I assume you are living in Italy now? What part? From where in the USA did you move, and how long have you been there?
Yes, I am in my mid-late 50's and am already in semi-retirement mode after owning a good business for the last 20 years. I don't think I'd even want to work in Italy, as ...
- 10 Oct 2011, 17:01
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consulates?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 8043
Re: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consula
Well Johnny, I feel your pain. I own property in Bristol and the yearly tax is INSANE. I think that CT charging $40 per apostille is also OUTRAGEOUS. Unfortunately, all but one of my docs comes from there. MA is the other and it is $10 per apostille! I also had to pay $20 for copies of original ...
- 09 Oct 2011, 01:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consulates?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 8043
Re: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consula
JJ313: One additional question. What is the order in which services should be applied to an out-of-jurisdiction document?
Is it translate-apostille (minus the translation)-authentication (seems most logical), or
translate-authentication-apostille (minus translate and auth.)?
I'm not sure if ...
Is it translate-apostille (minus the translation)-authentication (seems most logical), or
translate-authentication-apostille (minus translate and auth.)?
I'm not sure if ...
- 09 Oct 2011, 00:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consulates?
- Replies: 22
- Views: 8043
Re: When Do Docs Need to Be "Authenticated" By Other Consula
JJ: Your take on this coincides with mine. We both agree that the process has seemed to change over the past few months, and that the instructions provided by the consulates are NOT comprehensive, nor user friendly. Not to be stereotypical, but isn't Italy world famous for its lumbering and ...
- 08 Oct 2011, 20:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Need Documents Authenticated by NY Consulate
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2867
Re: Need Documents Authenticated by NY Consulate
There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to when authentication is required. If you read this post, you will see that Maria was applying via GF-F, and yet was required to get out of state authentications for the LA Consulate:
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic23303.html
I must ...
http://www.italiangenealogy.com/forum/topic23303.html
I must ...