I read somewhere that the regular copies would be acceptable as long as they are submitted with the original envelope and cover letter received from the USCIS. That's what I'll be submitting.
This worrying over documents is the worst part of the process
Search found 9 matches
- 20 Aug 2012, 20:49
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Just received naturalization records from USCIS
- Replies: 5
- Views: 4635
- 20 Aug 2012, 20:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: What can I expect at my consulate meeting in Philadelphia
- Replies: 3
- Views: 2076
Re: What can I expect at my consulate meeting in Philadelphi
Sorry I can't answer your question as my appointment is in November, but I would like to know if you found another way to communicate with the consulate in Philadelphia other than through the ipsitaly.net service that schedules appointments.
I need to ask some questions regarding my GF's birth ...
I need to ask some questions regarding my GF's birth ...
- 20 Mar 2012, 20:22
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Thanks Riccardo....Documents from Sicily
- Replies: 0
- Views: 1209
Thanks Riccardo....Documents from Sicily
I'd like to share a positive experience I had in acquiring my great grandparents' birth and marriage records from Sicily.
Originally I attempted to contact the Comune myself by email using Google translator. I haven't studied Italian since college, and was very concerned about making a bad ...
Originally I attempted to contact the Comune myself by email using Google translator. I haven't studied Italian since college, and was very concerned about making a bad ...
- 11 Jan 2012, 02:32
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Back from Philly Appt
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2063
Re: Back from Philly Appt
SURNAMES must be consistent throughout the documents. Any changes to surnames or misspellings will need corrected.
Congratulations on your successful appointment.
Are anglicized first names not an issue in Phila., or did you not have any of these in your documents?
I will be relying on ...
Congratulations on your successful appointment.
Are anglicized first names not an issue in Phila., or did you not have any of these in your documents?
I will be relying on ...
- 14 Nov 2011, 18:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So many questions
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3761
Re: So many questions
And that's just the first appointment! At best it will be 2014 before a passport is issued. As I said, we're looking at other options. Good luck to you and your Mom.
Tony
Tony
- 14 Nov 2011, 02:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So many questions
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3761
Re: So many questions
The wait for Philadelphia is almost one year to the day of calling, which I was expecting.
Like Philadelphia, Miami uses an outside service for booking appointments. The man I spoke with for the Miami appointment gave no other option for getting my mother an earlier appointment. Please let me know ...
Like Philadelphia, Miami uses an outside service for booking appointments. The man I spoke with for the Miami appointment gave no other option for getting my mother an earlier appointment. Please let me know ...
- 14 Nov 2011, 01:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: So many questions
- Replies: 13
- Views: 3761
Re: So many questions
I just made an appointment for my mother with the Italian Consulate in Miami...August 2013!!!when I make an appointment (which I was told is a 13 month wait? ouch) do they just look at the documents there?
- 09 Nov 2011, 15:02
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1869
Re: Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records
Thanks Pippo. I could not find a physical address either, so I appreciate your directing me to the correct office. No Italian since college, but I will try to put something together in an email.
Is there typically any problem with asking for multiple copies of each document? I am preparing ...
Is there typically any problem with asking for multiple copies of each document? I am preparing ...
- 08 Nov 2011, 22:35
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records
- Replies: 3
- Views: 1869
Lucca Sicula Birth & Marriage Records
Hello everybody. I am planning to apply for Italian citizenship "Jure Sanguinis" through the consulate in Philadelphia. I have downloaded information from the consulate on what documents will be required as well as a 'Richiesta' form letter to be sent to the comune.
I am instructed to visit the ...
I am instructed to visit the ...