Thank you Tessa and carubia,
Any information is always helpful. I will look in to Messina for my grandmother's name. Sometimes the records are difficult to read.
Yes Tessa, I would assume my grandparents were married in Bauso. When I was in Sicily, and asked my cousins about them. They did not ...
Search found 36 matches
- 18 Jun 2017, 16:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo,Magazu,m Sajia, from Bauso pre 1858
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4644
- 17 Jun 2017, 19:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo,Magazu,m Sajia, from Bauso pre 1858
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4644
Re: Russo,Magazu,m Sajia, from Bauso pre 1858
Good afternoon suanj and Tessa,
Many thanks to both of you. That clears that up about Magazzu and Magagni. So now I know which direction to take.
Unfortunately, I am still at a loss for my great grandfather and grandmother. Maybe I will check Messina as you mentioned.
I will have a post for my ...
Many thanks to both of you. That clears that up about Magazzu and Magagni. So now I know which direction to take.
Unfortunately, I am still at a loss for my great grandfather and grandmother. Maybe I will check Messina as you mentioned.
I will have a post for my ...
- 17 Jun 2017, 16:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo,Magazu,m Sajia, from Bauso pre 1858
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4644
Re: Russo,Magazu,m Sajia, from Bauso pre 1858
Good morning suanj,
Thank you so very much for your help. I really appreciate it. I will try to be more clear.
1. The (m) was a typing mistake.
2. The names are surnames of my ancestors, (so I thought).
3. My grandfather was Giovanni Russo, birth date was July, 1858. His father was Giuseppe ...
Thank you so very much for your help. I really appreciate it. I will try to be more clear.
1. The (m) was a typing mistake.
2. The names are surnames of my ancestors, (so I thought).
3. My grandfather was Giovanni Russo, birth date was July, 1858. His father was Giuseppe ...
- 17 Jun 2017, 00:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo,Magazu,m Sajia, from Bauso pre 1858
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4644
Re: Russo,Magazu,m Sajia, from Bauso pre 1858
Good evening, suani,
Did you receive my reply? I am not sure if I sent it correctly. If I don't see a reply, I will write it again.
Thank you
Joe
Did you receive my reply? I am not sure if I sent it correctly. If I don't see a reply, I will write it again.
Thank you
Joe
- 16 Jun 2017, 00:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Russo,Magazu,m Sajia, from Bauso pre 1858
- Replies: 13
- Views: 4644
Russo,Magazu,m Sajia, from Bauso pre 1858
Looking for information on my GF's side. His name was Giovanni. His father was Giuseppe, and that's all I know.
My GM's name was Rosa Zopinna? Any in formation on any name would be appreciated. I have received some information a long time ago, but I have hit a wall.
Thank you
Joe
My GM's name was Rosa Zopinna? Any in formation on any name would be appreciated. I have received some information a long time ago, but I have hit a wall.
Thank you
Joe
- 07 Jun 2017, 22:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage Records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2741
Re: Marriage Records for Giovanni Russo and Rosa Zopinna
Hello,
I am looking for marriage records for my grandfather, Giovanni Russo, and my grandmother, Rosa Zopinna.
They lived in Bauso, Sicily. The marriage would be between 1884 -1886.
Thank you
Joe4322
I am looking for marriage records for my grandfather, Giovanni Russo, and my grandmother, Rosa Zopinna.
They lived in Bauso, Sicily. The marriage would be between 1884 -1886.
Thank you
Joe4322
- 07 Jun 2017, 22:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Marriage Records
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2741
Marriage Records
Hello,
I am looking for information for my grandfather and grandmother. What I looked at, is in Italian and the writing is difficult to read. Any help would be appreciated.
My grandfather's name was Giovanni Russo. My grandmother's name was Rosa Zopinna. They lived in Bauso, Sicily.
The marriage ...
I am looking for information for my grandfather and grandmother. What I looked at, is in Italian and the writing is difficult to read. Any help would be appreciated.
My grandfather's name was Giovanni Russo. My grandmother's name was Rosa Zopinna. They lived in Bauso, Sicily.
The marriage ...
- 23 Dec 2014, 14:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonia Magazu and Maiano Magazu
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1102
Re: Antonia Magazu and Maiano Magazu
Thank so much Tessa78. I am so excited. Now I have to see if I can go further. Thank you again.
- 22 Dec 2014, 22:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Antonia Magazu and Maiano Magazu
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1102
Antonia Magazu and Maiano Magazu
I am looking for my great grandmother. Born about 1823 in or near Bauso, and my great, great grandfather born about 1782. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
- 21 Dec 2014, 19:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppi Russo Born around 1820 Bauso, Sicily
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1757
Re: Giuseppi Russo Born around 1820 Bauso, Sicily
Hello Marty,
Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate it. To answer your question, neither of my grandparents ever went to the US. They died in Bauso, as you know now known as Villafranca. I have information on Giovanni, but I have reached a dead end on his father Giuseppe and his ...
Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate it. To answer your question, neither of my grandparents ever went to the US. They died in Bauso, as you know now known as Villafranca. I have information on Giovanni, but I have reached a dead end on his father Giuseppe and his ...
- 21 Dec 2014, 17:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppi Russo Born around 1820 Bauso, Sicily
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1757
Re: Giuseppi Russo Born around 1820 Bauso, Sicily
Hello,
I have a difficult time reading the information, so no I did not see the marriage information.
Thank you for responding
Joe
I have a difficult time reading the information, so no I did not see the marriage information.
Thank you for responding
Joe
- 21 Dec 2014, 15:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Giuseppi Russo Born around 1820 Bauso, Sicily
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1757
Giuseppi Russo Born around 1820 Bauso, Sicily
Hello everyone,
I am looking for my great grandfather's birth record. I know he lived in Bauso, that is where my grandfather was born.
I am also looking for my grandmother Rosa Zoppina. She also could have come from Spadafora. She was born in 1863. Any information will be greatly appreciated ...
I am looking for my great grandfather's birth record. I know he lived in Bauso, that is where my grandfather was born.
I am also looking for my grandmother Rosa Zoppina. She also could have come from Spadafora. She was born in 1863. Any information will be greatly appreciated ...
- 20 Dec 2014, 22:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Record
- Replies: 1
- Views: 961
Birth Record
Hello everyone,
I have reached a dead end. I am looking for Giuseppi Russo, born in Bauso Sicily in 1820. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I am also looking for my Grandmother, Rosa Zopinna, born in Spadafora or Bauso Sicily in 1863.
I have reached a dead end. I am looking for Giuseppi Russo, born in Bauso Sicily in 1820. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I am also looking for my Grandmother, Rosa Zopinna, born in Spadafora or Bauso Sicily in 1863.
- 16 Apr 2012, 16:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Magazu and Russo families around 1820 in Bauso, Sicily
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2201
Re: Magazu and Russo families around 1820 in Bauso, Sicily
Thank you T,
Giovanni Russo is my grandfather. A nice lady has been helping me also, that is how I got the name Magazu. The information that you researched is great.Based on what you researched and what my friend told me, I don't think I am going much further. I am happy though. I have more ...
Giovanni Russo is my grandfather. A nice lady has been helping me also, that is how I got the name Magazu. The information that you researched is great.Based on what you researched and what my friend told me, I don't think I am going much further. I am happy though. I have more ...
- 15 Apr 2012, 19:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Magazu and Russo families around 1820 in Bauso, Sicily
- Replies: 4
- Views: 2201
Magazu and Russo families around 1820 in Bauso, Sicily
Antonia Magazu and Giuseppe Russo families.I have been searching for a long time, and have been successful. I recently came across my great grandparents name, but that is it.
The information that I have is that my great grandfather was born in or around 1820 and my great grandmother was born around ...
The information that I have is that my great grandfather was born in or around 1820 and my great grandmother was born around ...