Hi Judith,
I spoke with my sister and I'm sorry to say we don't know where in Italy he was from. What we were told was he's from Sicily. But over the last 13 yrs that I've been trying to research my family I've come to find some things ive been told aren't true. I'm very sorry I know this probably ...
Search found 12 matches
- 01 Mar 2012, 06:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2504
- 01 Mar 2012, 06:46
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50130
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Hi jack,
Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. I've been trying to research my family for about 13 yrs. But because I have so little information to go on its been very difficult. And from what I understand Sibilia in Italy is like smith in the us. So half the time I don't even know if I ...
Thank you for the advice I really appreciate it. I've been trying to research my family for about 13 yrs. But because I have so little information to go on its been very difficult. And from what I understand Sibilia in Italy is like smith in the us. So half the time I don't even know if I ...
- 28 Feb 2012, 03:53
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50130
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Jack,
Birth records were kept in the family bible back in those days. They didn't have birth certificates. My grandmother Mary Sibilia ( alphonse wife) had the family bible and I believe when she died she passed it on to jean Sibilia. Her daughter. I don't know if that helps at all.
Birth records were kept in the family bible back in those days. They didn't have birth certificates. My grandmother Mary Sibilia ( alphonse wife) had the family bible and I believe when she died she passed it on to jean Sibilia. Her daughter. I don't know if that helps at all.
- 28 Feb 2012, 03:48
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50130
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Jack,
I have not looked at any census records. But Ok I talked to my mother and sister. New information: your thoughts and info on him going to Newark ny is very good possibility. In the "second family" that I told you about I have a cousin named Ed Marinaro. He was the grandson of francesco ...
I have not looked at any census records. But Ok I talked to my mother and sister. New information: your thoughts and info on him going to Newark ny is very good possibility. In the "second family" that I told you about I have a cousin named Ed Marinaro. He was the grandson of francesco ...
- 27 Feb 2012, 16:20
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50130
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Francesco Sibilio was the last name you had on the list above. I believe that is the one I'm in relation to. I have an aunt jean. My fathers sister. Alphonse child. She still to this day lives in belleville nj. I tracked her down recently even though she still wants nothing to do with me. I do have ...
- 27 Feb 2012, 16:12
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50130
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Suanj,
Alphonse had to have been born before 1930. I don't have any idea on his birthday but my father ( alphonse's youngest son) was born in 1943. I don't know francesco's wives names. But i know alphonse'wife (my grandmother) was Mary.
I'm sorry I know I'm not much help. You see my parents ...
Alphonse had to have been born before 1930. I don't have any idea on his birthday but my father ( alphonse's youngest son) was born in 1943. I don't know francesco's wives names. But i know alphonse'wife (my grandmother) was Mary.
I'm sorry I know I'm not much help. You see my parents ...
- 27 Feb 2012, 16:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2504
Re: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
Judith
I will ask my sister and see if maybe she knows. She knows alot more about my fathers family then I do.
I will ask my sister and see if maybe she knows. She knows alot more about my fathers family then I do.
- 27 Feb 2012, 15:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2504
Re: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
Hi Judith.
I'm sorry I don't know where in Italy my family is from. I know that when he came to the united states he lived in Newark, New jersey. And that's where most of my family live still today.
I'm sorry I don't know where in Italy my family is from. I know that when he came to the united states he lived in Newark, New jersey. And that's where most of my family live still today.
- 27 Feb 2012, 07:01
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50130
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
Hi jack,
Well I'm sorry to say I don't really know much about him. But I do have one piece of information that is going to throw a curve ball into your research. At the time that he dissapeared. He lead a double life. He actually had a second family. Hence myself. Lol he married a second woman ...
Well I'm sorry to say I don't really know much about him. But I do have one piece of information that is going to throw a curve ball into your research. At the time that he dissapeared. He lead a double life. He actually had a second family. Hence myself. Lol he married a second woman ...
- 27 Feb 2012, 06:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2504
Re: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
He was born in 1942 and I'm not sure where he was born but I know he was raised in new jersey. I want to say he was born there but I honestly don't know.
- 22 Feb 2012, 23:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2504
looking for my fathers family genealogy. sibilia family
I've been looking for my fathers family for years now. I really know like nothing about them or there history. Here's what I Di know my dads name is William Sibilia I have two sisters I've just recently tracked down named toni Sibilia and Victoria Sibilia I have several uncles and I don't know their ...
- 22 Feb 2012, 22:49
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
- Replies: 45
- Views: 50130
Re: Castelnuovo di Conza, Salerno, IT
My great grandfather on my dads sides name is Francesco Sibilia. I've been serching for my family for years.