Thank you for your reply. As I can find no further record of the first Giovanni (my Uncle John was the second Giovanni born in the Bronx circa 1917), I can only rightly presume that the first Giovanni had died soon after his birth.
It saddens me that my grandparents had endured the death of three ...
Search found 202 matches
- 23 Jul 2026, 01:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carpentieri and Casazza
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5824
- 22 Jul 2026, 22:29
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carpentieri and Casazza
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5824
Re: Carpentieri and Casazza
I’m probably asking for too much now, but is there a death act for Giovanni Carpentieri born in December of 1911?
I’m assuming that my grandparents’ first child died in infancy and that might have been the trigger for Maddalena to return to New York with Pasquale.
It’s terribly sad that my family ...
I’m assuming that my grandparents’ first child died in infancy and that might have been the trigger for Maddalena to return to New York with Pasquale.
It’s terribly sad that my family ...
- 22 Jul 2026, 00:34
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Visiting my Grandparents towns and need help
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6689
Re: Visiting my Grandparents towns and need help
Make that her great grandmother. Jeez, it sometimes gets confusing.
- 22 Jul 2026, 00:29
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Visiting my Grandparents towns and need help
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6689
Re: Visiting my Grandparents towns and need help
My daughter is traveling to Reggio Emilia in the Fall. She’s a teacher, Montessori trained, here in NYC.
Her private Montessori school is paying for her trip. It’s sort of a work study thing.
She will be just a fifteen minute train ride from her great great grandmother’s home in Parma. She will ...
Her private Montessori school is paying for her trip. It’s sort of a work study thing.
She will be just a fifteen minute train ride from her great great grandmother’s home in Parma. She will ...
- 20 Jul 2026, 23:26
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: US Citizens Traveling without Passports
- Replies: 1
- Views: 14098
US Citizens Traveling without Passports
Hello. Although, even with a diligent search including a search by an NYC archivist, I can not locate my paternal grandmother’s birth certificate.
Her name was Maria Musa, married name was Gardella.
She was born on February 7, 1888, in East New York, Brooklyn.
Every official document, her ...
Her name was Maria Musa, married name was Gardella.
She was born on February 7, 1888, in East New York, Brooklyn.
Every official document, her ...
- 20 Jul 2026, 04:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carpentieri and Casazza
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5824
Re: Carpentieri and Casazza
I never knew my Carpentieri grandparents, Pasquale and Maddalena,
as they had both died before I was born.
I have a few photographs and the stories that my mother had told to me.
It’s interesting that I do look a lot like Maddalena.
My mother’s first cousin, Jennie Carpentieri, used to put her ...
as they had both died before I was born.
I have a few photographs and the stories that my mother had told to me.
It’s interesting that I do look a lot like Maddalena.
My mother’s first cousin, Jennie Carpentieri, used to put her ...
- 20 Jul 2026, 03:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carpentieri and Casazza
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5824
Re: Carpentieri and Casazza
You are amazing. Thank you so much.
- 19 Jul 2026, 23:54
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Quattrociocchi
- Replies: 3
- Views: 4731
Re: Looking for Quattrociocchi
I don’t have a family connection but I grew up in NJ with a family of that name. I believe that they lived in Staten Island before moving to New Jersey.
I knew a Tony of that family. Do you have any roots in New Jersey?
I knew a Tony of that family. Do you have any roots in New Jersey?
- 19 Jul 2026, 23:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carpentieri and Casazza
- Replies: 7
- Views: 5824
Carpentieri and Casazza
Through some deducing, I’ve realized that my grandparents were not married in NYC, as the family had thought, rather, they had to have been married in Italy.
I’m looking for their marriage act.
All I have to go on is the birth act for their first child who died in infancy.
Here is the birth act ...
I’m looking for their marriage act.
All I have to go on is the birth act for their first child who died in infancy.
Here is the birth act ...
- 19 Jul 2026, 22:58
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Blackwell’s Island NYC
- Replies: 2
- Views: 12720
Re: Blackwell’s Island NYC
I found a repository for these records. John Jay College here in Manhattan has taken them to add to their collection regarding Blackwell’s Island where these poor souks had ended up.
If anyone in this group had relatives who were interned at Blackwell’s Island, check with John Jay College.
If anyone in this group had relatives who were interned at Blackwell’s Island, check with John Jay College.
- 14 Apr 2026, 23:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Brooklyn Newstand
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1775
Brooklyn Newstand
I might have posted this before, if I had, please forgive me for posting again.
Brooklyn Newsstand is a database of the Brooklyn Public Library.
It’s free. One does not need a Brooklyn Public Library card to access this database.
Just google, Brooklyn Newsstand, and go from there.
There you will ...
Brooklyn Newsstand is a database of the Brooklyn Public Library.
It’s free. One does not need a Brooklyn Public Library card to access this database.
Just google, Brooklyn Newsstand, and go from there.
There you will ...
- 14 Apr 2026, 23:06
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Blackwell’s Island NYC
- Replies: 2
- Views: 12720
Re: Blackwell’s Island NYC
Okay, I’m starting with the easiest. This commitment decree concerns
Mary A Linden.
There is no date of birth or residence of note for Mary Ann Linden. But she did live in New York City at that time. Remember, in 1872,NYC was solely Manhattan and some areas of the Bronx.
She was committed to ...
Mary A Linden.
There is no date of birth or residence of note for Mary Ann Linden. But she did live in New York City at that time. Remember, in 1872,NYC was solely Manhattan and some areas of the Bronx.
She was committed to ...
- 08 Apr 2026, 01:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: A Real Shot in the Dark
- Replies: 4
- Views: 7440
Re: A Real Shot in the Dark
Thank you all for your responses and assistance.
DNA won’t help as I was not related to Joe and my cousin who suspected that he was her real grandfather died over a decade ago.
My father’s baby sister, Annie, had NF. It did not materialize until she was in her late thirties. The only other person ...
DNA won’t help as I was not related to Joe and my cousin who suspected that he was her real grandfather died over a decade ago.
My father’s baby sister, Annie, had NF. It did not materialize until she was in her late thirties. The only other person ...
- 08 Apr 2026, 00:47
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Middle Name on Birth Certificate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 33834
Re: Middle Name on Birth Certificate
Nancy is a nickname for those named Ann. True story.
- 08 Apr 2026, 00:42
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Blackwell’s Island NYC
- Replies: 2
- Views: 12720
Blackwell’s Island NYC
My husband came upon documents tossed onto a street in Lower Manhattan. They’re patients’ records from the notorious Blackwell’s Island from the mid to late 19th century.
I’ve been attempting to track down descendants through Ancestry to no avail.
I’m re-reading the documents now as some of the ...
I’ve been attempting to track down descendants through Ancestry to no avail.
I’m re-reading the documents now as some of the ...